PDA

View Full Version : Adding an IX UQ

Buckeye Dave
10-13-2010, 13:03
I currently am using a Speer Hammock with a KAQ 2/3 UQ. Could I add one of your IX UQ's to the system to extend the temp range? If so, do you have an estimate of how many degrees would be added (I understand that MMMV)? And do you recommend, the IX going inside or outside of the other UQ? Finally, if I added a full length IX, might that eliminate the need for a footpad? (I am having an issue getting comfortable with the footpad). Thanks.

MacEntyre
10-13-2010, 13:29
I currently am using a Speer Hammock with a KAQ 2/3 UQ. Could I add one of your IX UQ's to the system to extend the temp range?
Yes! The dimensions of the 3/4 IX UQ is close enough at 45" wide by 52" long. They should fit together well.

If so, do you have an estimate of how many degrees would be added (I understand that MMMV)?
My expectation is that the temp range of your KAQ will be extended significantly, on the order of 25 degrees, perhaps more. In addition, the IX is windproof and water resistant, which will improve the overall performance.

And do you recommend, the IX going inside or outside of the other UQ?
You should try both. My experience is that the IX does best on the outside. It all depends on the fit, though. Put it where it fits best.

Finally, if I added a full length IX, might that eliminate the need for a footpad? (I am having an issue getting comfortable with the footpad). Thanks.
Yes. The Universal IX UQ will likely fit best inside the 2/3 KAQ, but you should try it both ways.

- MacEntyre

Buckeye Dave
10-13-2010, 15:06
Great. Thanks for the insights.