PDA

View Full Version : Problem with subscription and PM notifications

Hawk-eye
10-15-2010, 11:02
For the past couple of days Ken and myself have no longer been getting email notifications to any threads we subscribe to or for PM's.

Anyone else notice this issue popping up late? NCPatrick is checking it out for me ... so maybe he could post any update to it here.

G.L.P.
10-15-2010, 11:52
For the past couple of days Ken and myself have no longer been getting email notifications to any threads we subscribe to or for PM's.

Anyone else notice this issue popping up late? NCPatrick is checking it out for me ... so maybe he could post any update to it here.

Hawk-eye i'm having the same problem as well...or i get them a few days later
i figured it was just me :D
this has been going on for a month for me.....

now i know it's something with HF

NCPatrick
10-15-2010, 11:56
Still looking into it. Nothing found yet. I will post what I find out. Thanks!

slowhike
10-15-2010, 12:45

How about others? Are you getting or not getting the things mentioned above?

HappyCamper
10-15-2010, 13:02
You are correct. I had 2 pm's today but got NO email notification as in the past.

slowhike
10-15-2010, 13:04
You are correct. I had 2 pm's today but got email notification as in the past.

Happy, do you mean you got no email notification as in the past?

pgibson
10-15-2010, 13:17
Got 2 PM's so far today and got emails for both. I am only subscribed to a couple threads right now that are older so they don't hit very often, so no help there.

HappyCamper
10-15-2010, 13:27
Happy, do you mean you got no email notification as in the past?

Yoops, thanks for catching that! I did not receive email notification on 2 private message I received today.

NCPatrick
10-15-2010, 13:51
All: To your knowledge, was everything working correctly prior to, for instance, last Saturday?

Hawk-eye
10-15-2010, 14:20
How about others? Are you getting or not getting the things mentioned above?

zip nada ... nothing from HF ... other forum's yeah.

You are correct. I had 2 pm's today but got NO email notification as in the past.

Darn near missed your PM ... that's what worried me ;)

All: To your knowledge, was everything working correctly prior to, for instance, last Saturday?

Working fine for me till approximately two or three days ago. Can't really pin point it any better than that .. my days kinda run together over here.

Ewker
10-15-2010, 14:22
maybe it is a donating member only thing problem

G.L.P.
10-15-2010, 15:00
NC mine hasn't been working right of almost a month ....
I never said anything cause i figured it was on my end...bu now that others are having the same problem making me think it's not on my end :confused:

Ken
10-15-2010, 15:06
Sounds like the mail server is overwhelmed. I know how it feels..............

hangnout
10-15-2010, 15:07
Mine has not been working lately either

Terry_Dodson
10-15-2010, 15:14
Since i have become a "donating member" I also have not received emails on some of the threads i am watching, on eof them was the Gorge Rat one. I figured it was something to do with the donating member thing so i unwatched it and then rewatched it and seem to be getting the emails now. Not sure about other threads i am watching. I usually go to the "Home" section to see new ones. That was how i noticed i was not getting emails for the Gorge Rat thread.

Savage
10-15-2010, 15:26
I just found out today that my email notifications have been going into my spam folder in my email. That must have been happening for a while. I haven't received any for two or more weeks.

I am BTW getting my PM notifications on the site.

John

chickenwing
10-15-2010, 15:29
Yeah I'm not getting email to threads I have subscribed to either.

angrysparrow
10-15-2010, 15:30
Hey folks,

This issue isn't a forum setting. I think there is a problem with the email mechanism. Some folks are getting the messages and some aren't. Messages are either being blocked or mis-flagged as spam at the mailserver level.

There is a call into the colo facility. We'll get it sorted out, although it might take a while.

Thanks for your patience.

slowhike
10-15-2010, 16:06
Thanks Sam. Yeah, for some time now most of my email notifications of a PM have gone to the inbox, but some will go to the spam folder. Lately more have gone to the spam folder.
I just check them there or move them to the inbox to check them.

Hawk-eye
10-15-2010, 16:19
Sounds like what might be happening ... Time Warner checked and advised me they hadn't seen any traffic to my email account from HF ... or at least where it previously was coming from. They're saying in five days but seems to me there was something later than that ... but I could be wrong ... seems to me it was two to three days ago.

G.L.P.
10-15-2010, 16:49
it's no big deal to me...thats why i havn't said anything till this thread ;)
besides...we can just Blame Dutch.....since he is not here to defend himself :lol:

Hawk-eye
10-15-2010, 17:21
it's no big deal tome me...thats why i havn't said anything till this thread ;)
besides...we can just Blame Dutch.....since he is not here to defend himself :lol:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3365/3254119673_8773c4c1d4_o.gif

JustTwoTrees
10-22-2010, 11:03
I got only 1 PM and I got a email notification too, but there other -little, for sure- problems: when I log in, I got logged out after some time for no apparent reason, so why?
And what is the secret behind "proper HF member ID" when trying to purchase on other sites? But anyway, as a matter of fact it is a great forum and an inexhaustible source of information, thanks to all of you

Lonely Raven
10-22-2010, 11:12
I've not been getting notifications for about a week now. I've not changed any settings in my profile, and I've double checked to make sure everything looks right.

Sorry, I'm sure that doesn't help any, but it's for sure still a problem.

Bags4266
10-22-2010, 11:20
Me too, no e-mail notifications here or on white blaze

Terry_Dodson
10-23-2010, 10:13
I also am not getting any email notifications. I have tried unsubscribing and resubscribing to threads, but still no email notifications. :(

jloden
10-23-2010, 10:41
I just found out today that my email notifications have been going into my spam folder in my email. That must have been happening for a while. I haven't received any for two or more weeks.

I am BTW getting my PM notifications on the site.

John

That's exactly what happened to me, a couple weeks or so ago all HF email just suddenly starting going straight to my spam folder (gmail). I eventually realized that was happening and retrained the spam filter by moving them all to the inbox, and no more problems since then receiving notifications.

Hawk-eye
10-23-2010, 10:58
Still not working on this side ... back in the USA now and still not getting to my IP.

Dutch
10-23-2010, 13:04
it's no big deal to me...thats why i havn't said anything till this thread ;)

I'm always here and i check HF more than I do my e-mail. I need HF notification for when I get e-mail.

G.L.P.
10-23-2010, 14:19
I'm always here and i check HF more than I do my e-mail. I need HF notification for when I get e-mail.

Blah Blah Blah :lol:

slowhike
10-23-2010, 21:26
I don't know the answer but maybe some of the others will have ideas when they get back.
I noticed several weeks ago that part of my PM & reported posts notifications were going to the spam folder. Seams like just about all of them are now.
But when I check my email I always start by clearing the spam folder first, looking to see what might be there that needs to be sent to the inbox & checked.

I haven't subscribed to any threads so I can't say anything about that.

jeepcachr
10-29-2010, 07:40
I did not receive any notifications on updated threads last night. I am subscribed to a LOT of threads with a daily notification and get a bunch every day. Not even one today.

NCPatrick
10-29-2010, 07:46
I will follow up on that today. Thanks for reporting it.

Lepmeister
10-29-2010, 07:54
I had what seemed to be a delay in getting email varification on my initial membership request - started to think I was in the rejected bin!

Lonely Raven
10-29-2010, 07:55
I'm still not getting any notifications...it's been weeks for me.

Terry_Dodson
10-29-2010, 10:39
I also am not getting any email notifications.

dejoha
10-29-2010, 11:03
Add me to the "me too" list. It's been weeks since I received any notifications. Nothing in my spam folder.

pgibson
10-29-2010, 16:31
Me too now, not getting inbound PM emails. 3 so far today, have not seen any subscribed threads bump so not sure about them yet.

pedro
10-29-2010, 18:07
I haven't gotten a PM notification in several weeks.

Shug
10-29-2010, 18:18
Same for me .... no PM notice.
Shug

^shane^
10-29-2010, 18:20
My notifications stopped yesterday...

optimator
10-29-2010, 20:36
Mine just stopped today.. I feel so alone :crying :lol::lol:

jloden
10-30-2010, 01:53
Mine are also acting up now... not in my spam folder this time, either. I only received one notification all day, despite updates to a bunch of subscribed threads.

Peter_pan
10-30-2010, 06:53
No PM notifications for me in the last couple of weeks also...

Pan

UncleMJM
10-30-2010, 08:55
This is one group of the "cool kids" that I was hoping not to join... not the case. I received PM notifications as recently as a couple of days ago but no thread updates today so for what it's worth... Me too.

NCPatrick
10-30-2010, 09:25
We believe it's an issue with the outgoing mail server. We'll keep you updated on progress. We have a few requests in for support. Hang in there people.

jloden
10-30-2010, 09:30
Thanks Patrick!

jeepcachr
10-30-2010, 19:51
I wonder if your mail server got blacklisted?

jeepcachr
10-31-2010, 09:10
Received 10 notifications in my email this morning.

stormcrow
10-31-2010, 09:15
I have also not received any notifications for some time now... I kind of miss them :)

jeepcachr
11-01-2010, 07:23
0 notifications today despite many of the threads I am subscribed to having been updated.

NCPatrick
11-01-2010, 07:25
0 notifications today despite many of the threads I am subscribed to having been updated.
Understood. Duly noted.

AScott
11-02-2010, 11:22
I am also not receiving notifications for Private Messages or the one thread I am subscribed to.

I know you're working on it, I just wanted to let you know.

Ewker
11-02-2010, 12:15
someone finally sent me a PM :eek: and I didn't get a notice via email

jeepcachr
11-02-2010, 12:59
No notifications again today, it's getting frustrating.

L.D. Cakes
11-08-2010, 16:57
Been checking my subscriptions with the User Control Panel & it still works fine.

Hawk-eye
11-09-2010, 05:48
Still not working ... so is there something being done about it or is this feature gone. No PM notifications, No subscription notifications ... nada ... nothing.

NCPatrick
11-09-2010, 07:49
Short answer: there's only one person that can "git 'er done" and our requests for action are still in his queue for processing.

SmokeBait
11-09-2010, 21:27
Short answer: there's only one person that can "git 'er done" and our requests for action are still in his queue for processing.

Thanks for trying NCPatrick. In the meantime. I guess I'll just have to log in to HF more often :)

Lonely Raven
11-09-2010, 22:48
For my birthday, I want Hammock Forums notifications to start working. :)

Thanks!

questtrek
11-09-2010, 23:36
I'm not getting any either ... Must be a huge system glitch .. I'm sure they'll get it resolved soon. Probably a router or server problem. Most likely a router issue... :)

Hogg Tyed
11-10-2010, 06:20
Turns out mine have been going into my spam folder since the 1st week in Oct.

Hawk-eye
11-10-2010, 08:24
Interesting they'd make it to the SPAM folder ... none are making it to my IP at all. Well here's hoping LR gets his birthday wish! :lol:

kc7fys
11-10-2010, 08:31
That feature has never worked for me. I'm a newbie, though--but not inexperienced with forum mechanics. I wonder what's the deal?

NCPatrick
11-10-2010, 08:39
We believe it's an issue with the outgoing mail server. We'll keep you updated on progress.

Hawk-eye
11-10-2010, 08:40
Well no big deal but if you're following one of the strings or someone sends you a PM ... you get a notice via email ... when it was working. That way you get a heads up if you're not the forum and can check later. You could have it sent immediately if you wanted to. That was handy. You have to set it up in your profile ... but best I can tell it stopped working in Oct. for me

waddy
11-10-2010, 09:22
Isn't it amazing that in this new age of instant, 24/7 communication and total reliance on these systems that a little glitch in the system can cause such angst? Relax folks, in the big scheme of things this type of communication has only been possible for a short time. We actually got along quite fine without it for thousands of years. ;)

Hawk-eye
11-10-2010, 09:29
.... We actually got along quite fine without it for thousands of years. ;)

... as read and written on the same system :lol: :lol: :lol:
and just how old are you Waddy? :lol:

kc7fys
11-10-2010, 10:14
No angst here. Just wanted to indicate my experience and look for a solution.

Hawk-eye
11-10-2010, 10:28
No angst here. Just wanted to indicate my experience and look for a solution.

Little off topic ... but your avatar is interesting ... not sure I understand it but I LIKE IT!

Ken
11-10-2010, 10:31
Little off topic ... but your avatar is interesting ... not sure I understand it but I LIKE IT!

Useful device for installing aerial wires in trees.........

I found a few notifications in spam just after the site "motto" was changed, but none anywhere since FYI.

Can't Wait
11-10-2010, 10:32
Off topic as well Is Justjeff on vacation a friend can't do an intro or nothing I sent 2 emails with know response

kc7fys
11-10-2010, 10:46
Somebody IDed it correctly. I made this a few years ago when I was living in Japan, for shooting fishing sinkers up into trees so I could string up wire antennas for my radio hobby. It got really "famous" with Make Magazine--I mean I got thousands of views on Flickr and they awarded me a month of "pro" status on Flickr.
Sadly, I lost it. I have no idea where I put the thing, but it's just another one of those things that got sucked into the vortex of lost items. I'm sure you all have that realm somewhere in the ether.

Hawk-eye
11-10-2010, 10:50
Somebody IDed it correctly. I made this a few years ago when I was living in Japan, for shooting fishing sinkers up into trees so I could string up wire antennas for my radio hobby. It got really "famous" with Make Magazine--I mean I got thousands of views on Flickr and they awarded me a month of "pro" status on Flickr.
Sadly, I lost it. I have no idea where I put the thing, but it's just another one of those things that got sucked into the vortex of lost items. I'm sure you all have that realm somewhere in the ether.

Yeah that'd be my buddy Ken ... he's into a lot of stuff, pretty smart feller!

Sweet deal on Flickr! And yeah I hate it when I have something and can't find it in the clutter of life ... like my garage to name a particular vortex! :lol:

NCPatrick
11-10-2010, 11:11
PM notification status:

The PM email notifications are not currently working properly.
the person who needs to fix the outgoing mail server (which we believe to be the problem) has been notified.
there will be a an update posted once the situation is resolved.

Thanks for your continued patience! :)

slowhike
11-10-2010, 11:15
Off topic as well Is Justjeff on vacation a friend can't do an intro or nothing I sent 2 emails with know response

Yep, JustJeff is away at the moment.
I don't know why your friend cannot do an intro. I'm assuming they have joined HF & been approved, right?