PDA

View Full Version : Bag comes with bottom/top quilt.

injun51
10-21-2010, 12:23
I just recieved a catalog from sportsmans guide and they have 2 sleeping bags with what they are calling an over cover. It is a quilted piece that is attached to the top of your sleeping bag to increase its warmth. As i looked at it i realized it could easily be used for either an under or over quilt in any hammock. Tha best is the price. $89.00 dollars and they consider it a -10 degree bag. Not a bad price for a 2 in one deal. I would have had the link for it here but i'm pretty much computer illiterate, sorry. :confused:

wirerat123
10-21-2010, 13:12
Are you talking about the ECWS system? If so, that thing is actually 2 sleeping bags and a waterproof overcover. That's the closest thing I could find to what you are talking about. They are very heavy.

injun51
10-21-2010, 15:51
Are you talking about the ECWS system? If so, that thing is actually 2 sleeping bags and a waterproof overcover. That's the closest thing I could find to what you are talking about. They are very heavy.

No. This was in a new calalog i just recieved. I own the E.C.W.S system and nothing comes close to touching it in real cold weather. It may be heavy but it does what it says it does. Even better if you have the poly prop top and bottom thats supposed to go along with it. Here is the item number from sportsmans. KXK-188405 and a cheaper version with less warmth KXK-191463 Give it a look. Just thought some people might find it a usefull item. ;)

Knotty
10-21-2010, 16:50
At 9 lbs I assume it's for car camping only.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=720610