PDA

View Full Version : whiteblaze mid tn december campout dec 14,15,16

neo
11-24-2007, 13:04
i am hosting a whiteblaze campout open to everybody at meeriwether lewis
it is opened to hammocks,tents,tarps,rv's,and cowboy camping,just wanted to post here if anyone ineterested,:cool: neo

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29672

Manach
11-24-2007, 15:53
That stinks, dude. My schedules are made three weeks ahead, so it's too late for me to request that weekend off.

Guess I'm waiting on the next one.

But I hope you have a good hang, Neo.

neo
11-26-2007, 15:57
:) mule skinner said he wants to come,i talked with him today about the claytor jungle hammock,super nice guy:cool: neo

Iafte
11-26-2007, 15:59
14 1/2 hours one way is just too far with the kids. Maybe if the wife lets me come alone...

neo
11-26-2007, 16:06
14 1/2 hours one way is just too far with the kids. Maybe if the wife lets me come alone...

:) thats a long haul bro:cool: neo

Iafte
11-26-2007, 16:12
But to get away would be worth it.

neo
11-26-2007, 16:16
But to get away would be worth it.

:) by all means come on down,we would love to have you:cool: neo

Mule
11-26-2007, 17:24
:) mule skinner said he wants to come,i talked with him today about the claytor jungle hammock,super nice guy:cool: neo
YEH, NEO IS RIGHT, I ORDERED MY CLAYTOR JUNGLE HAMMOCK AND PAID THROUGH THE *$$ TO GET IT HERE ASAP. NEO IS QUITE A SALESMAN. IT'S GOING TO LOOK WEIRD HUNG BELOW A GREY SPEER WINTER TARP THOUGH. I MAY JUST USE THE CAMO THAT COMES WITH IT, YOU KNOW, STYLE AND FASHION.... I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SWAVE AND DEBONER (RHYMES WITH WAVE AND D LONER I THINK FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT UP ON THEIR UGOSALVIAN!
I HAVE BEEN ON THREE TRIPS WITH HAMMOCKS AND I ALREADY HAVE FOUR OF THEM.... $^*( I KNOW, I KNOW....

Mule
11-26-2007, 22:02
Where is this 'meeriwether lewis'? Mule

GrizzlyAdams
11-26-2007, 22:08
YEH, NEO IS RIGHT, I ORDERED MY CLAYTOR JUNGLE HAMMOCK AND PAID THROUGH THE *$$ TO GET IT HERE ASAP. NEO IS QUITE A SALESMAN....

I HAVE BEEN ON THREE TRIPS WITH HAMMOCKS AND I ALREADY HAVE FOUR OF THEM.... $^*( I KNOW, I KNOW....

Hey Mule--you saw my Bridge and liked it. Tell you what, I can sell you a Bridge cheap. Thing is, it's in New York right now but I can see about getting it shipped to you over-night. Just have to dis-attach it from Brooklyn first, shouldn't be a problem. Price is right. I take small unmarked bills...

Grizz

Mule
11-26-2007, 22:15
Hey Mule--you saw my Bridge and liked it. Tell you what, I can sell you a Bridge cheap. Thing is, it's in New York right now but I can see about getting it shipped to you over-night. Just have to dis-attach it from Brooklyn first, shouldn't be a problem. Price is right. I take small unmarked bills...

Grizz
I can trade you a half dozen or so normal hammocks for it maybe but you would have to ship it by chopper. Mule

tnhillbilly
11-27-2007, 22:25
The Meriwether Lewis Campground in located on the Natchez Trace Parkway about a hour/ hour and half south-west of Nashville Tennessee. There is no cost to camp and plenty of trees to hang from. There is a bathroom but no showers. There is water available but there are no hookups for campers. Some trails to hike. You can google these names and get lots of info. tnhillbilly

neo
11-29-2007, 12:18
:) i will be bringing the barbeque,the best there is:cool: neo

neo
11-29-2007, 12:19
[QUOTE=tnhillbilly;37985]The Meriwether Lewis Campground in located on the Natchez Trace Parkway about a hour/ hour and half south-west of Nashville Tennessee. There is no cost to camp and plenty of trees to hang from. There is a bathroom but no showers. There is water available but there are no hookups for campers. Some trails to hike. You can google these names and get lots of info. tnhillbilly[/QUOT

:) and its a free campground:cool: neo

neo
11-29-2007, 12:40
muleskinner is bringing his banjo:cool: neo

Mule
11-29-2007, 12:48
muleskinner is bringing his banjo:cool: neo
I AM BRINGING MY BANJO IF THE WEATHER IS NOT GOING TO BE BELOW, SAY, 50 DEGREES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. IT'S NOT GOOD FOR IT TO BE OUT WHEN IT IS TOO COLD. HEY, I AM ALSO BRINGING MY NEW HAMMOCK, A CLAYTON JUNGLE. OH MY GAWD IT IS FINE, AWSOME. I AM TAKING IT OUT TOMORROW NIGHT I THINK IN THE HOOSIER NATIONAL FOREST FOR A MAIDEN VOYAGE. SO FAR HANGING IT IN MY GARAGE HAS BEEN A REAL PLEASURE. THANKS NEO FOR THE TIP. MULE

Mule
12-05-2007, 07:19
I AM BRINGING MY BANJO IF THE WEATHER IS NOT GOING TO BE BELOW, SAY, 50 DEGREES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. IT'S NOT GOOD FOR IT TO BE OUT WHEN IT IS TOO COLD. HEY, I AM ALSO BRINGING MY NEW HAMMOCK, A CLAYTON JUNGLE. OH MY GAWD IT IS FINE, AWSOME. I AM TAKING IT OUT TOMORROW NIGHT I THINK IN THE HOOSIER NATIONAL FOREST FOR A MAIDEN VOYAGE. SO FAR HANGING IT IN MY GARAGE HAS BEEN A REAL PLEASURE. THANKS NEO FOR THE TIP. MULE
Banjo? I think it is going to be too cold for stringed instruments. Is anyone else planning on bringing their guitar or pipe organ? Mule

Mule
12-05-2007, 07:29
Mule will be there.

neo
12-06-2007, 10:57
Mule will be there.

:) great i am looking forward to meeting you steve:cool: neo

neo
12-06-2007, 10:58
Mule will be there.

are you bringing your claytor jungle hammock:cool: neo

Mule
12-06-2007, 11:33
are you bringing your claytor jungle hammock:cool: neo
Oh yeh!!!!! I love this hammock. Thanks for introducing me to it. Mule

neo
12-11-2007, 13:33
stinky bob,aunt montrose,cousin it,abbacadabra,and goose pepper enema from whiteblaze are coming neo

goosepepper enema
12-11-2007, 18:30
i am going to be there neo,you know i love ya bro:D

Mule
12-13-2007, 21:55
I am sorry to say I won't be coming to Neo's camp out at Meriweather Lewis campground. My son needed some financial help today and adding an 850 mile round trip for a camp out suddenly looks out of the question. I was looking forward to meeting Neo and all of you. Perhaps the Mount Rogers thing, I don't know. Have a real good time, everyone. Mule

Nest
12-13-2007, 23:03
Looks like it is a bad week for us too. My mom and I won't be able to make the campout either. Hope you and the others have fun though Neo.

neo
12-14-2007, 00:17
:rolleyes: i wonder if it has anything to do with the weather taking a turn for the worse,rain developing friday nite after midnight about a half an inch
saturdaynite one inch raining possible in the teen possible mix of sleet and snow,sounds fun to me,i guess me and boys will be having all this fun by ourselfs,a few other are still coming:cool: neo

this tripp definatley not for newbies and fair weather only hammockers:D

neo
12-14-2007, 00:18
:rolleyes: i wonder if it has anything to do with the weather taking a turn for the worse,rain developing friday nite after midnight about a half an inch
saturdaynite one inch raining possible in the teens possible mix of sleet and snow,sounds fun to me,i guess me and boys will be having all this fun by ourselfs,a few other are still coming:cool: neo

this tripp definatley not for newbies and fair weather only hammockers:D

lows in 20's friday
lows in the teens saturday

Nest
12-14-2007, 01:45
lows in 20's friday
lows in the teens saturday

I'll see worse on my thru next year, and was looking forward to testing my gear. Hopefully it will be good testing weather at the New Years hangout on Springer.

NCPatrick
12-14-2007, 07:58
It's a difficult time to get away, with all of the holiday stuff / family stuff that gets scheduled for this time period...

BillyBob58
12-14-2007, 10:01
I am sorry to say I won't be coming to Neo's camp out at Meriweather Lewis campground. My son needed some financial help today and adding an 850 mile round trip for a camp out suddenly looks out of the question. I was looking forward to meeting Neo and all of you. Perhaps the Mount Rogers thing, I don't know. Have a real good time, everyone. Mule

850 miles! I am amazed at the dedication folks have to even think about or attempt such long trips for weekend camp-outs! I'm also thinking of the drive ( 8 or 9 hours?) that Peanuts did to get to Neo's last get together!

It looks like the forecast has warmed up a bit, though still plenty of rain. Those who attend should have extra fun testing their wet weather gear! Sounds like fun! :D

Mule
12-14-2007, 13:16
Thanks BillyBob58, I really feel bad about not meeting some of you now after looking forward to it so much. Someday, for sure, but making that drive to set under my little tarp in the rain, where it would have been difficult to really spend time with the others seemed silly and I felt just a little selfish telling my boy I could only help him this much when I was taking off on a fairly expensive weekend for myself. Life.....ya gotta love it! Mule

Ewker
12-14-2007, 13:56
I wanted to go but surgery and now an infection kept me from going..right now I am feeling good..pain pills really work...woohoo

NCPatrick
12-14-2007, 14:08
Sorry to hear about it Ewker, I hope you're feeling better soon even without the pills. :)

tnhillbilly
12-14-2007, 14:10
Hey Neo, I was planning on joining you at least for Friday night but I've got to work all weekend. Actually I have to work every night till next Thursday, off Thursday night, then work every night till Christmas Eve. So no camping for me any time soon. Sorry I was looking forward to seeing some new folks as well as some of the ones I'd already got to know. Hope all you folks have a good campout and Merry Christmas to all of you. tnhillbilly

Ewker
12-14-2007, 14:13
thanks, but per the Dr it is going to take at least 2 weeks for the swelling and discomfort to go away....glad I have plenty of pills just in case

NCPatrick
12-14-2007, 14:15
Hang in there just the same...

BillyBob58
12-14-2007, 16:47
Thanks BillyBob58, I really feel bad about not meeting some of you now after looking forward to it so much. Someday, for sure, but making that drive to set under my little tarp in the rain, where it would have been difficult to really spend time with the others seemed silly and I felt just a little selfish telling my boy I could only help him this much when I was taking off on a fairly expensive weekend for myself. Life.....ya gotta love it! Mule

Well, I'm not a sure thing yet myself( and always was real iffy), and if I can get there it will only be for Sat. If we had both been there, it sure would have been nice to meet you and some others. For one thing, I would be not only setting up my SS, but testing my new baby: Speer PeaPod 20* model, which just came today! But sometimes life just gets in the way of our fun, don't it? Ask Ewker! Ewker, I hope you are well soon.

It was a blast to meet so many fellow hammockers at Neo's last get together. Oh well, there is always the next one.
Bill

Ewker
12-14-2007, 21:05
Just talked to Neo. So far it is Neo and his 2 boys, Rocksee and FireBeaver (from another website I visit). Also skskinner is on his way. He is in Franklin, Ky I think. Rain Man (from WB) will be going down tomorrow.

Hope they all have a blast and wish I was there.

BillyBob, yep life does get in the way. Hopefully we can meetup at the next one.

Mule
12-15-2007, 21:52
Just talked to Neo. So far it is Neo and his 2 boys, Rocksee and FireBeaver (from another website I visit). Also skskinner is on his way. He is in Franklin, Ky I think. Rain Man (from WB) will be going down tomorrow.

Hope they all have a blast and wish I was there.

BillyBob, yep life does get in the way. Hopefully we can meetup at the next one.
Had a good time, and a lot of quiet time going to and from the camp out. Met Roxy, and Neo and his sons. I really enjoyed talking to Neo. Stayed up late and slept in in the morning, then I had to drive to a town about 30 miles away to get something fixed on my car so I could get my GPS to work. Then drove back to the camp and shortly after left for Indiana. By the time I got to Indiana there was freezing rain on the roads and several inches of snow predicted on top of an inch or two already, and several more coming tomorrow in Indiana, so I only stayed Friday night. Anyway, had a good time and put a thousand miles on my car. Mule

BillyBob58
12-15-2007, 23:06
Had a good time, and a lot of quiet time going to and from the camp out. Met Roxy, and Neo and his sons. I really enjoyed talking to Neo. Stayed up late and slept in in the morning, then I had to drive to a town about 30 miles away to get something fixed on my car so I could get my GPS to work. Then drove back to the camp and shortly after left for Indiana. By the time I got to Indiana there was freezing rain on the roads and several inches of snow predicted on top of an inch or two already, and several more coming tomorrow in Indiana, so I only stayed Friday night. Anyway, had a good time and put a thousand miles on my car. Mule
Wow, you da man! Unbelievable! It turns out I never had a chance of making it, as my wife reminded me of a prior commitment to a friends daughter's wedding, which I just got back from.

spaceweaseal
12-16-2007, 03:29
I envy all yall that get to attend. I wish i lived close enough to make it...To all yall that get to make it, "Be safe and have a great time".