PDA

View Full Version : Sale at Wallyworld

hikinghombre
10-30-2010, 16:32
Am doing my very first hang tonight!!

I went to Walmart to grab a blue pad and came across a huge box full of fleece throw blankets for sale. You get TWO of them for a mere $6.00.

They're light and pack small so I'm gonna use one one bottom and one on top as well as my sleeping bag as a quilt.

Sure hope my first hang goes well! Will post photos!

gunner76
10-30-2010, 16:36
Got a couple for the wife. Way too small for me. Thought about getting several and sewing them togeather with a layer of insulation but I don't own a thread injector.

Lonely Raven
10-30-2010, 16:45
Am doing my very first hang tonight!!

I went to Walmart to grab a blue pad and came across a huge box full of fleece throw blankets for sale. You get TWO of them for a mere $6.00.

They're light and pack small so I'm gonna use one one bottom and one on top as well as my sleeping bag as a quilt.

Sure hope my first hang goes well! Will post photos!

What temps are you expecting tonight? Fleece is great, but I feel it's a supplemental insulation this time of year rather than a primary (summer).

hikinghombre
10-30-2010, 17:28
Local weather forecast.... "Isolated showers between midnight and 4am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. Breezy, with a north northeast wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to between 15 and 20 mph. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 10%."

I didn't open those fleece blankets so not sure how big they are but hoping they help with the cold. My sleep bag is rated to 20 but I always freeze my butt off. Not good...

Ramblinrev
10-30-2010, 17:50
I didn't open those fleece blankets so not sure how big they are

The ones I've seen around here are something like 40" X 60". Not even twin bed size. As a lap quilt they would be fine. But I wouldn't want to try and sleep with one. I've seen the sizes printed on the labels.

KerMegan
10-30-2010, 19:29
try them wrapped around the pad? could cut down on skin/plastic where condensation frequently occurs...

CajunHiker
10-30-2010, 21:03
I picked up a 50x70 in fleece throw on sale for 7.50 from KMart last night. I'm only 5'-6" so I'm covered head to toe.

hikinghombre
10-31-2010, 15:22
Did not like the Wallyworld fleece throws. Waaaaay too small. Gonna return them.

Posted info on my first hang on "Trip Reports". Photos are in my album.