PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Central NJ

Dylan
11-01-2010, 13:43
Hi, I've been lurking for a few weeks while determining what kind of hammock to purchase and ended up buying a WBBB 1.1 double. I like backpacking and fly fishing and am hoping to meet people with similar interests that hang some weekends in the Kittatinny/Delaware Water Gap area. Being from Central NJ I'm also close to the Pinelands. Right now, I'm exploring better tarp options and UQs and looking forward to learning lots more here.

timabababaluka
11-01-2010, 13:52
Right now, I'm exploring better tarp options and UQs and looking forward to learning lots more here.

And you will! Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here to help out. Glad you have decided to become one of them. :D

Welcome to the forum, and hope to hear about your future adventures.

bigbamaguy
11-01-2010, 15:07
Dylan
Welcome to HF from Bama.........keep reading and studying, the information and folks on this site are the best around.

perrito
11-01-2010, 15:29
Welcome! We get lots of Jersey boys here.
I hope that there's a Spring hang that we could all get together for. I think there is one this Winter :scared: in the Pinelands.

Poppabear
11-01-2010, 15:46
Welcome to HF from Southern Maryland. The Delaware Water Gap is part of my old stomping grounds as a youth. I grew up in the Pocono Mountains and a majority of my family still lives there. Hanging and fly fishing opportunities abound in the area.

Knotty
11-01-2010, 16:29
Welcome from the northern half of the state.

We have enough people in the area that a hang in the Delaware Water Gap area could be a good time.

jloden
11-01-2010, 19:08
Welcome! Always nice to see more local NJ folks on the forum :)

We have enough people in the area that a hang in the Delaware Water Gap area could be a good time.

Absolutely! I know would definitely be up for such an event.

kayak karl
11-02-2010, 17:16
im camping at Batona Camp this Sat nite with two others. your welcome to come out. if you need to use a tarp or quilt just let me know.

:thumbup: AND WELCOME :thumbup:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&om=0&msa=0&msid=112746510977574609048.00044a0879e733a9bda1e&z=9

gunner76
11-02-2010, 19:31
Weclome to the madness from coastal Carolina

silentorpheus
11-02-2010, 19:40
Welcome aboard, from another Central Jersey dweller!

JayS
11-02-2010, 21:48
And yet another central NJ welcome! I hang on Kittatinny Ridge from time to time. Hung there with jloden and his wife about a month and a half ago. Also got chased off it by two bears and a rattlesnake earlier this year... Definitely should do a group hang soon.

Dylan
11-03-2010, 07:38
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I hope that there's a Spring hang that we could all get together for. I think there is one this Winter :scared: in the Pinelands.

I think that's a great idea ... the spring one that is. I saw the winter hang in the Pinelands but would likely need to be talked into it.

I would be up for that, too ... DWG or Stokes.

im camping at Batona Camp this Sat nite with two others. your welcome to come out. if you need to use a tarp or quilt just let me know.

I was thinking about camping up in Stokes this weekend, but Batona sounds good too (and its not as far). I'd also love to try out an UQ if you're serious. I only have a mess of CCF and inflatable pads to mix and match.

Shug
11-03-2010, 07:41
Shug says "Hey".
Spent a good deal of time in NJ in the late '80s.

Dylan
11-03-2010, 07:44
I hang on Kittatinny Ridge from time to time.

I plan to do this a lot now that I have a hammock! I'm about 90 minutes away and I also have never fished Flatbrook up there, but keep hearing how great it is. I hope to combine the two for a few weekends out.

Dylan
11-03-2010, 07:49
Shug says "Hey".

Hey Shug. One of my kids (I have four-year-old twins) is a huge fan. He likes your Youtube videos, and says, "that guy is so silly" over and over. He even mimics some of your faces.