PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: JRB Bridge Hammock

angrysparrow
11-29-2007, 20:07
FS: JRB Bridge Hammock

- used only for testing and evaluating Bridge Hammock design
- 'new' condition
- includes silnylon stuff sack, bug net, spreader bars, instructions, webbing

Everything with this hammock is 'as shipped from JRB'.

I bought this during the 'early order' period on a whim. After having followed the development of the bridge hammock thread, I wanted to give one a try. While it is a very nice hammock whose design has much potential, I already realize that I will not be happy enough with it to use it long-term instead of one of my other hammocks. I've decided to keep my gear closet limited to items I actually regularly use, so my dissatisfaction is your gain.

This is a great opportunity for anyone curious about the bridge-hammocks to get a good deal on one (before the main production run, even).

JRB says that they will send a new and improved bugnet later this month. I will forward that along to the buyer at that time.

$130 shipped to the lower 48. PayPal preferred.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I do not want to 'review' the hammock in this thread.

- I know that I could return it to JRB, but I hate returning something that isn't 'defective'. This hammock is a new product, and I knew what I was getting into when I ordered. I want to give someone else the chance to try it, and this would be beneficial for both me and the buyer. This is a very fair discount for an 'only tested' item.

Peter_pan
11-29-2007, 21:46
FS: JRB Bridge Hammock

- used only for testing and evaluating Bridge Hammock design
- 'new' condition
- includes silnylon stuff sack, bug net, spreader bars, instructions, webbing

Everything with this hammock is 'as shipped from JRB'.

I bought this during the 'early order' period on a whim. After having followed the development of the bridge hammock thread, I wanted to give one a try. While it is a very nice hammock whose design has much potential, I already realize that I will not be happy enough with it to use it long-term instead of one of my other hammocks. I've decided to keep my gear closet limited to items I actually regularly use, so my dissatisfaction is your gain.

This is a great opportunity for anyone curious about the bridge-hammocks to get a good deal on one (before the main production run, even).

JRB says that they will send a new and improved bugnet later this month. I will forward that along to the buyer at that time.

$130 shipped to the lower 48. PayPal preferred.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I do not want to 'review' the hammock in this thread.

- I know that I could return it to JRB, but I hate returning something that isn't 'defective'. This hammock is a new product, and I knew what I was getting into when I ordered. I want to give someone else the chance to try it, and this would be beneficial for both me and the buyer. This is a very fair discount for an 'only tested' item.

Angrysparrow,

Jacks R Better has a 100% satisfaction guarentee.... Send that hammock back for a full refund of your introductory special price... There are plenty of folk waitin to take possesion of one of the Bear Mountain Bridge Hammocks.

Pan

Semper_paratus
11-29-2007, 22:00
PM sent with offer to buy

headchange4u
11-29-2007, 22:24
If you decide not to send it back and don't sell it to someone else send me a PM. I will probably take it.

angrysparrow
11-29-2007, 22:41
Angrysparrow,

Jacks R Better has a 100% satisfaction guarentee.... Send that hammock back for a full refund of your introductory special price... There are plenty of folk waitin to take possesion of one of the Bear Mountain Bridge Hammocks.

Pan

I appreciate that, Pan. However, you provided a product to me that is in no way defective or compromised. The hammock simply doesn't fit my particular needs in a hammock, but I did enjoy giving it a close examination and test run. I don't like 'returns' that aren't caused by some defect. I knew very well what I was buying, and I assumed the risk of doing so.

angrysparrow
11-29-2007, 22:42
Hammock is Sold! Thanks for the overwhelming response everyone!

headchange4u
11-29-2007, 23:20
wow that was quick

oetzi
11-30-2007, 11:19
I appreciate that, Pan. However, you provided a product to me that is in no way defective or compromised. The hammock simply doesn't fit my particular needs in a hammock, but I did enjoy giving it a close examination and test run. I don't like 'returns' that aren't caused by some defect. I knew very well what I was buying, and I assumed the risk of doing so.

Working in an outdoor shop myself, i very much apreciate this kind of thinking.
Here is the kind of a customer who takes responsibility for his actions!
I aplaud!!
As an explanation, we had in the last weeks two customers of a very different kind in the shop:
One who complained that the Vibram sole of his hiking boots were showing a cut, 15mm long, in one of the blocks. he didnt accept our explanation that this can be quite coomon when walking and threading on, perhaps, a piece of glass or a quartz crystell embedded in granite.
The other bought a pair of Fjellraven trousers and on the first tour managed to get a small cut at the back from sitting somewhere. He was very insitend that this shouldnt happen.
Oh my.
Angrysparrow, you rock!!

skar578
11-30-2007, 16:59
I can imagine what it must be like. I buy lots from EMS, and one time in their techwick (lightweight performance shirts series) i found a large slit in mine. it was not through, but like a thread was pulled. I brought the shirt in asking what I could do about it (I thought I did it) but they insisted they trade it in for a new one, thinking it happed during packaging.