PDA

View Full Version : A few more supplies for the UK guys

Shewie
11-10-2010, 18:26
Just ordered some more toys for us poor depraved hangers over here.

I really need to get that UK import business up and running :rolleyes:

Ekul
11-10-2010, 18:28
I smell Francise opportunity.

Shewie
11-10-2010, 18:38
Lol, maybe even a hammockforumsuk.com ?

Need to ask JJ about that one though :)

BrianWillan
11-10-2010, 18:55
Just ordered some more toys for us poor depraved hangers over here.

I really need to get that UK import business up and running :rolleyes:

Would it be more cost effective to source the raw materials for the hammock gear you are importing and make it / have it made yourself?

Just look at the chap in Australia that is making tarps for his own market.

Might be the start of the UK hammock cottage industries.

Cheers

Brian

Sambeaux
11-10-2010, 19:13
Lol, maybe even a hammockforumsuk.com ?

Doesn't really read that well.....

Shewie
11-10-2010, 19:18
Would it be more cost effective to source the raw materials for the hammock gear you are importing and make it / have it made yourself?

Cheers

Brian

It is an option Brian, I can't sew for toffee so it'd have to be done externally. One problem is UK commissioning prices though, it's cheaper (from what I've been told) to get some samples from the far east and get them manufactured out there.
I do keep meaning to get myself a thread injector though and have a crack at some stuff, I've got ideas coming out of my ears but can't get them made up.
One plus side is we do have companies turning out some really good spec materials with outdoor technologies constantly being improved.

Maybe I need to put some feelers out there.

Shewie
11-10-2010, 19:19

Lol, good point

Maybe I need to drop that S

Ekul
11-10-2010, 20:34
Lol, good point

Maybe I need to drop that S

or move the UK to the front

BrianWillan
11-10-2010, 22:35
It is an option Brian, I can't sew for toffee so it'd have to be done externally. One problem is UK commissioning prices though, it's cheaper (from what I've been told) to get some samples from the far east and get them manufactured out there.
I do keep meaning to get myself a thread injector though and have a crack at some stuff, I've got ideas coming out of my ears but can't get them made up.
One plus side is we do have companies turning out some really good spec materials with outdoor technologies constantly being improved.

Maybe I need to put some feelers out there.

Well, I know that "unsponsored" is a UK based quilt maker as he has shown and sold many here. I wouldn't think you would need to have your production done in the far east. Think small local scale. I am sure there are sewing/craft groups in your area that could do the work of sewing underquilts / top quilts. You would just need to have patterns and designs worked out. Same thing with tarps.

Good luck with the enterprise, though.

Cheers

Brian

Dangerous Dan
11-11-2010, 05:03

Cheers

Brian

Sourcing materials isn't an issue, there are plenty of us makers over here. The issue is that some of the things Shewie ordered were items developed by other users of this forum. While running a couple of 'inspired' items for personal use probably wouldn't be much of a problem, I'm sure going into production would be.

Bomber
11-11-2010, 05:46

We were thinking of making a Scandinavian fraction called Scandinavians Hanging In Trees, but the abbreviation is less appealing:D

But a gear supplier this side of the pond sound like a good idea:thumbup1:

/Bomber

Ps if i had the capital i would do it, just to have all the latest cool toys;)

Shewie
11-30-2010, 12:24
New toys arrived safe and sound today :)

turnerminator
11-30-2010, 16:11
Woohoo!

I'm going Dutch.........

Peter_pan
11-30-2010, 16:50
New toys arrived safe and sound today :)

That is great.... Always nice to know when gear had a safe and fast crossing...;)

Pan

Shewie
11-30-2010, 17:07
Woohoo!

I'm going Dutch.........

Hey Pete

You need to clear out some PMs on the other channel mate ;)