PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: Hennessy Exployer Deluxe Asym

Mule
12-01-2007, 18:02
SOLD.......PRICE BUMPED DOWN TO $140.00 SHIPPED. This Hh Comes With The Stock Tarp And The Oversize Hh Tarp And SNake Skins For $150.00 Shipped To The Cont Us,
Or
If Someone Wants To Take Only The Tarp The Tarp Will Go For 40.00. That Leaves The Hh Exployer Deluxe To Go For 110.00.
Thanks, Mule

Just Jeff
12-01-2007, 22:14
Why are you selling all of your stuff?

Mule
12-01-2007, 23:42
Just Jeff, I am buying some too. I had a plan to get ready for my boys to go with me this winter and beyond, so I really would like to have two or three setups, but as I buy some of it I realize that as usual I should have bought something else. For instance, my second night in the HH taught me that I didn't want to use the bottom access. I wanted a top loader, so I bought an eagles nest and am pretty happy with it. Then since I sold the HH backpacker, I began shopping for something else. The Claytor appeared out of Neo's posts. I love that hammock. I had a tent and a sleeping bag up for sale and ended up trading for the HH Explorer Deluxe, but I really didn't want it for myself, I was just going to loan it to one of the boys. One of my boys has an eagles nest or something like it, so I don't really need another one. Then there is the JRB underquilt. It worked really fine this weekend but if I could sell it I may and buy a Speer Snugfit. I know it looks like I am getting rid of stuff, but I am actually buying some things I really want. Long answer to a short question, but there it is. Mule

Just Jeff
12-01-2007, 23:58
Haha - if you're like the rest of us, you'll never quit tinkering with your system!

Nest
12-02-2007, 00:01
Haha - if you're like the rest of us, you'll never quit tinkering with your system!

Yeah, but unlike us he isn't just keeping everything in his closet. If he doesn't need it, he gets rid of it. Some of us here keep it all and call it our "gear collection."

Mule
12-02-2007, 00:17
Yeah, but unlike us he isn't just keeping everything in his closet. If he doesn't need it, he gets rid of it. Some of us here keep it all and call it our "gear collection."
Yeh, I think the gear is half the fun, especially the way many of you make all that beautiful stuff. I actually have the stuff to make a sock and some skins for my Eagle's Nest and my Claytor jungle. I have so much to learn. You should have seen all the rope I took out there Friday to hang my hammock. I took about three times what I really needed. But I am learning. I put the buckles on the Jungle before I went and they are nice. I replaced the webbing on it too; it was nylon. I had a blast out there. I will write a little something about my experience with the Claytor, the Winter Tarp and the Claytor tarp. It got down to the low twenties. Quite a bit of ice in my water bottles this morning. Mule

Nest
12-02-2007, 00:37
Making and modifying yor gear makes it personal, and gives you more pride in using it. Speaking of hammock socks, I just finished mine today. DWR sides with a 1 foot wide untreated vent on top for condensation. I think it will be one of my most valuable cold weather pieces.

Mule
12-02-2007, 00:43
Cerberus, Have you any plans to share? I think I am going to make mine out of untreated stuff. Just got back from the Hoosier National Forest and I had quite a bit of condensation last night and I didn't even have anything on me but the quilt and under me was the Nest. Mule

Nest
12-02-2007, 00:48
Cerberus, Have you any plans to share? I think I am going to make mine out of untreated stuff. Just got back from the Hoosier National Forest and I had quite a bit of condensation last night and I didn't even have anything on me but the quilt and under me was the Nest. Mule

Not really any plans. I made a test sock by sewing two peices together lengthwise and draped it over my ridgeline. Then I used clothes pins to make the curve of the sock and where I thought the bottom should be sewn up. Then I got in the hammock and tried to pull the sock over me. If a clothes pin popped off then I needed to adjust where the seam would be. When I was satisifed I sewed it and tried it again. When it worked I sewed the real thing out of treated, with the untreated insert. Really hard to explain over the internet. If you don't have one made by Neo's campout I will show you a lot easier. Unfortunately you may need it by then.

Mule
12-02-2007, 02:55
Is it cylindrical or banana shaped after sewing?

greggg3
12-02-2007, 06:26
How much does a sock help in the winter? Is it really worth the weight (as opposed to adding the same weight with pads or underquilt?

Dangit, I know, the only way I'll ever be convinced is to make one and try it myself - off to Wallyworld and then make more room in the gear closet!

Just Jeff
12-02-2007, 07:30
I measured ~10F temp difference inside the sock, but that doesn't take into account the wind protection. It also provides dead air space underneath so the wind doesn't rob heat from you, and it provides more protection across the top...my face and toes don't get so cold when the sock blocks the wind.

I take one on most of my trips.

Hooch
12-02-2007, 07:39
How much does a sock help in the winter? I used one that belonged to HC4U @ the RRG hang last month and it made all the difference in staying warm on the first night. I was a little chilled after dozing for a couple hours, so I pulled the sock over me and left the large end open, but blocked by my fleece jacket. Within minutes, I was warm enough to go back to sleep. I stayed warm the rest of the night with no trouble whatsoever. BTW, temps that night were in the 28-30 degree range. A sock is definitely on my "to make" list. :D

Lost
12-02-2007, 12:07
I looked at the one Cerberus made last night and actually tried the trial one he made on my setup. Guess I'll be making one of these soon. My question is this. I hate feeling "closed in" and really like to have air on my face. Would using a mesh ridgeline defeat the purpose of the sock? It seems like it would still block wind, and the ridgelike is close enough to the tarp...

Mule
12-02-2007, 13:47
I agree with the needing air on my face thing. I am going to make one that can be rolled back on the top, then if I close it up I will still need a hole, similar to the one in the Super Shelter over cover. Mule

Nest
12-02-2007, 14:36
Is it cylindrical or banana shaped after sewing?

Well, I started with a cylinder. Then I closed up the foot end so it followed the contour of the hammock. Since only the top needs to be big enough to fit over the entire hammock. That way you can pull it over you with you in the hammock. So it kinda looks like a cone, or horn-o-plenty. With me and the hammock being the stuff in the horn.

Mule
12-02-2007, 22:50
Dropping The Price For Quick Sale. $140.00 For Explorer Deluxe, Stock Tarp, Hh Oversize Tarp, Tree Huggers And Snake Skins. Mule

Ewker
12-02-2007, 23:08
tell you what, if you give me $50.00 I will take them off your hands :p

mozzie
12-02-2007, 23:42
what about the underquilt? i need one very badly.i have the hh.and i am a newbie to hangin.1oo days left till i leave for springer.ordered a maccat yesterday.next is an underquilt

FanaticFringer
12-03-2007, 00:02
what about the underquilt? i need one very badly.i have the hh.and i am a newbie to hangin.1oo days left till i leave for springer.ordered a maccat yesterday.next is an underquilt

He sold it to Wendi. Welcome to the forum.

Cuffs
12-03-2007, 00:09
You gotta be faster than that to catch the good deal!

Welcome over from WB Mozzie!

NCPatrick
12-03-2007, 07:52
Is the oversize tarp the brown silnylon one? If it is, I'll buy it.

Mule
12-03-2007, 10:40
Is the oversize tarp the brown silnylon one? If it is, I'll buy it.
NCPatrick, The tarp is not the silnylon, but the heavier one. Thanks, Mule

NCPatrick
12-03-2007, 10:42
Ok. Thanks anyway, I've already got one of those...

Remember: Wherever you go, THERE YOU ARE.
BTW, you're right! I went somewhere, and... there I was! :)