PDA

View Full Version : OK, so who's on the list ?

Muskrat
11-12-2010, 12:08
Just figured I would start a thread where we can see who is on the waiting list for gear. Nothing official by the Hammock Gear books, just a simple way we can keep tabs on our own without nagging the elves.

Muskrat . . . Winter Incubator . . . ordered on 10/17

Buffalo Skipper
11-12-2010, 12:18
Certainly don't want to nag the elves! :scared:

I have a 3S Incubator on order. I have 2 hangs planned in early December, one possible before New Year's, and another MLK weekend. Sure am looking forward to that downy warmth for my upcoming activities!

edit: my 3SI is stock with no overfill...

fred1diver
11-12-2010, 12:23
Winter crow's nest for me!!! Can't hardly wait!!!

Shug
11-12-2010, 12:30
Got me some Momentum stuffed with down a'coming....... Whooooooo Buddy.
I love to order stuff as I love the anticipation of something landing on my stoop.
For me .... anticipation of anything good whether Holiday, event or gear is the part I really like deep down inside.
As a 52 year old man ..... that is all I have to give me a wee thrill.
Shug

millergear
11-12-2010, 12:35
As a 52 year old man ..... that is all I have to give me a wee thrill.
Shug

:lol:As a 71 year old man it's a major thrill!

animalcontrol
11-12-2010, 12:41
A customized 3 season Crowsnest here...ordered end of Sept.

To be fair, I offered to be put in the back of the bus so they could help others first. I'll live with or without it till it arrives! (but I'm still excited!!)

So don't base your potential delivery off mine!!

gavinar
11-12-2010, 12:43
3s incubator with 900 fill ordered 10/15. No word yet.

Longshanks
11-12-2010, 13:20
Waiting on a winter incubator, a winter burrow, a WBBB 1.7 Dbl. and a hammock sock as well as a door and pole mod on my 'Ultra'. I should space out my orders better.

Anorak84
11-12-2010, 13:44
waiting for the 3-s crowsnest, ordered 10/25.. and reading other replies , think it will take some more weeks..and then the oversea-shipping..
Although I planned to use it for the winterseason, the first test will be probably in 1 of the 3-seasons it was designed for :rolleyes:

I had also no response to e-mails so I guess he's really hard working to help us all :D

But while we're at it..
was wondering, is the UQ waterresistant or do I need extra gore-tex liner on it?
and what about a thermarest usage when you already use the underquilt. Will it provide extra isolation or working against the UQ isolation, so better only for the feet?

Muskrat
11-12-2010, 13:45
I love to order stuff as I love the anticipation of something landing on my stoop.
For me .... anticipation of anything good whether Holiday, event or gear is the part I really like deep down inside.
Shug
I can sympathize with that statement to a tee! Even add-in VACATIONS and TRIPS !

newlease
11-12-2010, 14:25
Winter's Crowsnest ordered 11/7, nothing customized.

fyi: i sent an email about general info on products about a month ago
and never heard back.

i sent an email (website) about a change in product already ordered and heard back 3 days later. and they were willing to make the change in order.

The RidgeRunner
11-12-2010, 16:50
3s crowsnest, ordered 9/25, got the email at 4:04 pm eastern that it is in the mail!!!!!

Wags
11-12-2010, 19:26
i'm in there somewhere. i was supposed to receive mine 2 weeks ago but i made a last minute change, so that bumped me somewhere into the mix...

900 fill 3S crowsnest

Dewey
11-12-2010, 19:34
2 900 fill winter incubators
ordered 9/30

KayakCarl
11-12-2010, 19:42
I ordered two superfly tarps, and doors at the end of September. They shipped out today. I even got a tracking #.I Should have them by the middle of the week.:thumbup:

Can't Wait
11-12-2010, 19:54
couple weeks will order the winter incubator was going to go with crowsnest tired of CBS so going with full length

newlease
11-12-2010, 20:10
so 6-8 weeks?

Land
11-13-2010, 00:08
I just ordered a Winter Incubator about 4 minutes ago.

Now, I'm going to just try to forget about it until it shows up in the mail.:lol:

Muskrat, when yours comes in, can I borrow it?:lol:

Chris

Rockdawg69
11-13-2010, 07:54
I put in an order for a new honey. Just hope she doesn't arrive under the Christmas tree as the wife would be "disturbed" - and I might be dead!!

MattH
11-13-2010, 22:43
Ordered 3S crowsnest on Nov 10th. Was told they were 3 weeks behind.

flair4040
11-13-2010, 22:49
Last week I ordered a winter incubator. Can't wait.

Muskrat
11-14-2010, 18:00
. . . Muskrat, when yours comes in, can I borrow it?:lol:

Chris

Sure. . . I'll let you know when it gets here. . . maybe . . . unless it turns out that I am wearing it to work, PTO meetings, luncheons, football games, church. . . . :D

sturgeon
11-16-2010, 00:03
Oct 30 I ordered a summer burrow and summer incubator, and told them to take their time, since, as you might have noticed, it's late fall and i don't need it till summer!

Dylan
11-16-2010, 12:18
Nov. 8, I ordered a 3-season 900F CrowsNest and a 3-season 900F Burrow. I'm hopping to have them before Christmas (they are my gift from my wife, she just doesn't know it yet ;) ).

Lonely Raven
11-16-2010, 12:20
Nov. 8, I ordered a 3-season 900F CrowsNest and a 3-season 900F Burrow. I'm hopping to have them before Christmas (they are my gift from my wife, she just doesn't know it yet ;) ).

LOL Awesome!

Migrating Bird
11-16-2010, 16:55
Ordered a Winter Incubator 900 with 2 oz overfill, on 11/12 - Good response to my emails considering how much they have going on.

Sarae
11-16-2010, 17:14
Ordered a Winter Incubator with 900 fill on November 4th.

GoodTalkRuss
11-16-2010, 21:00
Ordered a Summer Crowsnest with 900-fill on 28th Oct. Received notification today from USPS that shipping order was received.

My WBBB took 8 business days to make it down to the Wide Brown Land, so I should get the UQ next week.

All in all, this was MUCH faster than I expected, :cool: but why was it left to USPS to keep me updated? :thumbdown:

Yeah...yeah...I'm sure it'll be worth it and I'll forget all my woe's after the first nights sleep.

Met77
11-16-2010, 23:30
I ordered a 3 Season Incubator with 900 fill on 11/13/10. Anxious to test it out.

stormcrow
11-17-2010, 00:38
All in all, this was MUCH faster than I expected, :cool: but why was it left to USPS to keep me updated? :thumbdown:

We set it up for USPS to send the shipping update to guarantee the correct address and tracking number for us, so there's no error on our part. In this way, we also get the shipping confirmation on our end so we know exactly when the customer is notified. It cuts down on liability and human error. Hope that helps. Thanks, Russ!

(Thorwren)

GoodTalkRuss
11-17-2010, 01:09
We set it up for USPS to send the shipping update to guarantee the correct address and tracking number for us, so there's no error on our part. In this way, we also get the shipping confirmation on our end so we know exactly when the customer is notified. It cuts down on liability and human error. Hope that helps. Thanks, Russ!

(Thorwren)

Well, that all makes perfect sense. :D Thanks for the update. :D:D

My apologies if I've come across in a negative manner in this and previous posts. I don't have much experience dealing with smaller family businesses like yours, and being so far away only adds to my angst.

After buying a ULA pack, a Warbonnet and one of your UQ's, I am definitely much more educated on the culture and process.

I look forward to what I'm sure will be an awesome product. Now, if only USPS had a Concord!

Cheers,
Russ

stormcrow
11-17-2010, 01:19
Russ, no apology necessary! We take each post seriously. We're learning along the way, and feedback helps us to understand your perspective better. (We'll work on getting the Concord :lol:) Thank you.

Have fun with your new gear!!

Thorwren

Muskrat
11-18-2010, 08:13
OK, just received my notification that my regular ordered Winter Incubator has just shipped. Ordered on October 17th and received notification this morning, November 18th. 4 weeks. Back in September, I ordered a Winter CrowsNest (regular) and it took 2 weeks. Assuming the high demand since cooler/colder is here or approaching, plus tack on Christmas, I would expect to see orders taking anywhere from 4-6 weeks, just my guess though.

Thanks StormCrow and Throwren looking forward to receiving my "downy-cloud". Pics to follow soon!

Buffalo Skipper
11-18-2010, 08:40
While I was sleeping last night, a little birdie whispered in my ear that my 3S Incubator should ship next week! :) I can't wait now until it arrives. I am going out on a hike the following weekend, so it should arrive just in time, if Thanksgiving doesn't get in the way.

stormcrow
11-18-2010, 08:40
You are right, Muskrat - Fall rush was crazy... We do expect to be announcing a new wait time... The newly built workshop has streamlined our progress much more efficiently. Long waits should be a thing of the past . Gotta get over this hurdle through Thanksgiving weekend, and most folks will have received their quilts. :)

Workshop pics soon!!

mountaingoat
11-18-2010, 08:59
I am not on the list, as I received mine. I am so impressed with this underquilt!:)
I slept in it 2 nights on a trip with my daughter. She is a warm sleeper and used the 3S yeti, while I am a cold sleeper and this thing wrapped under me, up the sides to where I needed very little insulation on top. It kept me very cozy and did not move around at all. The loft is impressive and every stitch on it looks perfect. It was cold in my cabin last night and I took it out to look at it again and ended up cuddling under it and falling asleep. Thank you so much for this beautiful piece of work you guys made.:)

KerMegan
11-18-2010, 09:11
I am not on the list, as I received mine. I am so impressed with this underquilt!:)
I slept in it 2 nights on a trip with my daughter. She is a warm sleeper and used the 3S yeti, while I am a cold sleeper and this thing wrapped under me, up the sides to where I needed very little insulation on top. It kept me very cozy and did not move around at all. The loft is impressive and every stitch on it looks perfect. It was cold in my cabin last night and I took it out to look at it again and ended up cuddling under it and falling asleep. Thank you so much for this beautiful piece of work you guys made.:)

see that? multi-useful!
km (who is counting up her sheckles even as we type...)

Buffalo Skipper
11-18-2010, 10:29
Workshop pics soon!!

YEA! I want to see where the elves work...;)

Shug
11-18-2010, 10:31
I want to video them working ..... down flying ..... nylon flapping......

gavinar
11-18-2010, 10:50
While I was sleeping last night, a little birdie whispered in my ear that my 3S Incubator should ship next week! :) I can't wait now until it arrives. I am going out on a hike the following weekend, so it should arrive just in time, if Thanksgiving doesn't get in the way.

I guess this must mean mine should be shipping soon, I think I ordered about 2weeks before you. I did order the 900 fill upgrade, maybe that bumped me back the queue. I hope this doesn't mean my order got lost!

Lonely Raven
11-18-2010, 10:59
I want to video them working ..... down flying ..... nylon flapping......

Speaking which...when I got my box of goodies from Stormcrow, I giggled at how much stray down came floating out of the box. I almost busted a rib laughing when the pit bull came strolling into the kitchen and promptly chomped a floating piece of down like it was a flying treat. :lol:

I can't imagine what their house looks like before they moved to the shop...they'll probably find tufts of down for years to come! :laugh:

Dewey
11-18-2010, 11:32
OK, just received my notification that my regular ordered Winter Incubator has just shipped. Ordered on October 17th and received notification this morning, November 18th. 4 weeks. Back in September, I ordered a Winter CrowsNest (regular) and it took 2 weeks. Assuming the high demand since cooler/colder is here or approaching, plus tack on Christmas, I would expect to see orders taking anywhere from 4-6 weeks, just my guess though.

Thanks StormCrow and Throwren looking forward to receiving my "downy-cloud". Pics to follow soon!

I ordered two 900 fill winter incubators on sept. 30 and I have no news about shipment.
What really frosts my cake is Goodtalkruss ordered a 900fill crowsnest on Oct 28th....two days shy of a FULL MONTH after I placed my order.....and his order shipped.

I'm going to stop writing before my sarcasm really starts coming to the fore.

I'm glad for all of you who are receiving what you ordered.

Dewey

stormcrow
11-18-2010, 13:26
Dewey - USPS sent you a tracking number and shipping notification when we shipped it. Please, folks, check your spam folders. There is no way we can avoid some of the shipping information from ending up in your spam. We will be addressing this on our site about this issue. I am sorry folks.

Dewey, I will be emailing you your tracking number. Let me know if you don't get that, either, and I will PM it to you. Sorry to upset anyone!

stormcrow
11-18-2010, 13:36
Folks, I have addressed this on the other thread, but I'll do it on this one, too.... Sometimes we get customers who change their minds or upgrade their order after it had been made.... This means we suddenly have a quilt that could go to the next person on the list that matches the same criteria in their order. We will simply fill it and send it out, so it's off the list. This by no means should imply folks jumping ahead in orders. I apologize if we have upset anyone who thinks we are showing a preference in filling orders. We do it by the earliest date. Let me know if you are concerned about your order, and I will be glad to update you. We are zeroing in on all the quilts ordered before 10 days ago to have them all out by Thanksgiving weekend, so I hope you'll be patient. Thanks for all your wonderful support!

Thorwren

Dewey
11-18-2010, 13:48
OK.
Mea Culpa.

My package did ship earlier this week.
My notification did not end up in a spam folder.....it went to another email account....the account I from which I paypaled the order.

In other words,
I shot my mouth off without first checking ALL the possibilities.

The good folks at hammockgear.com have dealt with me and my order in a fair and timely fashion. I am SO SORRY if any of my posts implied otherwise.

now off to eat some humble pie,
Dewey

thorwren
11-18-2010, 14:12
I can't imagine what their house looks like before they moved to the shop...they'll probably find tufts of down for years to come! :laugh:

You have NO idea..... We vacuum constantly, since it's no longer in the house, but they creep out from the netherworld....My 2 year-old isn't afraid of ants or worms, but he's terrified of the occasional down that serenely floats in front of him, and screams if it lands on his clothes. I kid you not, it's a riot.

canoebie
11-18-2010, 14:16
Now that's funny. "Down" right funny. Children develop the quirkiest fears.

Muskrat
11-18-2010, 14:48
My 2 year-old isn't afraid of ants or worms, but he's terrified of the occasional down that serenely floats in front of him, and screams if it lands on his clothes.

Pics (or even better . . .video!) or it didn't happen ! :D:lol:

Buffalo Skipper
11-18-2010, 15:11
Now that's funny. "Down" right funny.

:lol::lol::lol: Too good!

Str1der
11-18-2010, 17:03
I just ordered my Winter Incubator today 11/18. I was planning to get the 3-Season Crowsnest at first, but after much research and asking questions on this site and emailing Stormcrow and Thorwren, I decided on the Incubator with the 900+ FP upgrade (thanks to all for the advice). Then, I noticed that the Winter Incubator was actually slightly less, so I had to go for it! :lol: Now comes the waiting..... I just hope I didn't wait too long to place tho order and it makes it in time for a hang I have scheduled on Dec. 27th. :scared:

^shane^
11-23-2010, 07:37
I'm back on the list:scared::D:laugh:. The wife called dibs on my 3S incubator the first night she tried it. I contemplated another 3S incubator, maybe with an ounce or two extra... Then I looked at the winter incubator. Only $25.00 difference? Really? SOLD! I just hit the paypal pay now button.

I'm hoping that the winter incubator can be hung in such a way so it won't be too hot during the shoulder seasons. I really don't want to have to get yet another UQ. I guess more playing/experimenting is in order!

(now a note to adam and jen... just don't put these things on sale this friday... oh please... oh please...)

stormcrow
11-23-2010, 09:29
Thanks Shane! Have no fear! I CAN tell you that the INCUBATORS will not be on sale......;)

~Stormcrow

stairguy
11-23-2010, 10:04
Waiting on Sierra down boots from the Clymb, 2 pair xc skiis w/military bindings and skins along w/15 dia. silk parachute, and a winter incubater ordered 10/29/10.

Hi, my name is Steve, and I,m a gearaholic.:boggle:

KerMegan
11-23-2010, 10:08
Hi, Steve! (yes, so are we all..)

Wait I thought this was the gear acquisition support group...

stormcrow
11-23-2010, 10:18
Waiting on Sierra down boots from the Clymb, 2 pair xc skiis w/military bindings and skins along w/15 dia. silk parachute, and a winter incubater ordered 10/29/10.

Hi, my name is Steve, and I,m a gearaholic.:boggle:

Hey there Steve. From one gearaholic to another, I am happy to report that your quilt will be shipping out right after the Thanksgiving holiday. Probably early the following week. Thanks again for your patience my friend.

Actually, most of our current orders will be shipping that week. Things are shaping up around here! :D:D

~Stormcrow

stairguy
11-23-2010, 10:23
Whooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!Hooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got my car started in the cold and Incubater will soon be in the mail. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. TY Stormcrow

cataraftgirl
11-23-2010, 11:00
Hey Stormcrow. I've sent you guys an email & PM with questions but haven't heard back?
KJ

stormcrow
11-23-2010, 11:19
Hey Stormcrow. I've sent you guys an email & PM with questions but haven't heard back?
KJ

Hey there KJ,

I am sending you a pm now.

~Stormcrow

Str1der
11-23-2010, 11:46
Actually, most of our current orders will be shipping that week. Things are shaping up around here! :D:D

~Stormcrow

I don't suppose that "most" would include mine (#210)? If so, that's some extremely impressive turn around time! :lol::lol::lol:

eagleJ
11-23-2010, 17:15
Ordered a WI 11/10 looking for some good news soon. I hope I hope:D:D

cataraftgirl
11-23-2010, 17:34
Hey there KJ,

I am sending you a pm now.

~Stormcrow

Thanks for your help Adam. Order placed for 3 Season Incubator & Burrow.
Stormcrow aka Hammock Santa !!!!!

KJ

BugHunter
11-23-2010, 17:58
Winter Incubator (n=2) ordered today (11/23/2010).

Jimmy The Jet
11-24-2010, 03:35
I have a Winter Crowsnest on order. Not gunna post my order number - Doesn't matter when I ordered it. When it's ready, they'll mail it, and when I get it, I get it. This is the busy period for these folks, and I know how that can be. When a small business makes a great product, demand goes through the roof. They can either sacrifice quality to make 'em faster, or make 'em right and take some time. Guess which I want? And, after waiting over a year for custom knives, a few weeks is a walk in the park (albeit without an underquilt. :) )

Adam, just send it when it's done, and I am sure I'll be happy as clam when it it arrives.

Wags
11-24-2010, 15:51
my crowsnest came while i was out of the country. returned home to a box of down :D

Dewey
11-25-2010, 18:44
My two winter incubators are fresh out of the box and lofting as I type.
Looks like a backyard hang this weekend!

Dewey

^shane^
12-09-2010, 14:08
Just found that paypal email we all wait for... YOUR PACKAGE HAS SHIPPED!

Winter incubator is inbound :)

GOLFER
12-10-2010, 21:13
I have a Winter Crowsnest on order. Not gunna post my order number - Doesn't matter when I ordered it. When it's ready, they'll mail it, and when I get it, I get it. This is the busy period for these folks, and I know how that can be. When a small business makes a great product, demand goes through the roof. They can either sacrifice quality to make 'em faster, or make 'em right and take some time. Guess which I want? And, after waiting over a year for custom knives, a few weeks is a walk in the park (albeit without an underquilt. :) )

Adam, just send it when it's done, and I am sure I'll be happy as clam when it it arrives.

Hear hear ,
I myself ordered a winter crowsnest on black Friday. Looking forward to sleeping on a cloud of down.

Str1der
12-13-2010, 10:02
Just got the email: "Your package is on its way‏!" Only 4 weeks for delivery, and I ordered during a high volume season. Can't wait for it to arrive! :lol::D

joggerjohn
12-13-2010, 11:26
Just figured I would start a thread where we can see who is on the waiting list for gear.

I am on the list. I have been waiting to get off it.

Cogola
12-16-2010, 07:24
I'm on the list somewhere (I hope :scared:). I'm seeing people who've ordered after me (14/11) getting theirs shipped and still no word :confused:.
"All good things come to those who wait" - that's what I'm telling myself :). Hopefully it's on its way and caught up in the slow US postal system :rolleyes:.
Thank goodness for the reassurance the tales that HF brings to reassure me that all will be well and it'll be worth the wait :).

lazy river road
12-16-2010, 08:41
I'm on the list somewhere (I hope :scared:). I'm seeing people who've ordered after me (14/11) getting theirs shipped and still no word :confused:.
"All good things come to those who wait" - that's what I'm telling myself :). Hopefully it's on its way and caught up in the slow US postal system :rolleyes:.
Thank goodness for the reassurance the tales that HF brings to reassure me that all will be well and it'll be worth the wait :).

Hey cogola storm crow addresses your concern in post # 55. On the list for a 3S incubator and burrow. And owening 4 of his quilts I jut keep telling myself that Every second of wait is worth it for a lifetime of downey goodness.

Cogola
12-16-2010, 09:00
Hey cogola storm crow addresses your concern in post # 55. On the list for a 3S incubator and burrow. And owening 4 of his quilts I jut keep telling myself that Every second of wait is worth it for a lifetime of downey goodness.

I'm not really that concerned. The overwhelming consensus seems to be that I'll be more than happy with the quilts when they arrive. Each day I'm just hoping to see that message in the inbox to say its shipped. Don't worry I hate the wait for xmas as well, when you can see the pressies under the tree but can't open them until the big day :laugh:

Update as I type - Definitely not concerned now - just got the message to say they'll be on their way soon. Hopefully they'll come with some cooler weather that'll be more suitable for testing them out :)

lazy river road
12-16-2010, 10:48
I'm not really that concerned. The overwhelming consensus seems to be that I'll be more than happy with the quilts when they arrive. Each day I'm just hoping to see that message in the inbox to say its shipped. Don't worry I hate the wait for xmas as well, when you can see the pressies under the tree but can't open them until the big day :laugh:

Update as I type - Definitely not concerned now - just got the message to say they'll be on their way soon. Hopefully they'll come with some cooler weather that'll be more suitable for testing them out :)

Oohh I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way wasent trying to sound snuty sry if I didany ways glad your quilts r coming soon cause that just means I'm one step closer to recieveing mine and remember pics or it dident happen