PDA

View Full Version : 3S Incubator = Another order

^shane^
11-15-2010, 21:13
The 3S incubator arrived Friday! Long story, but it arrived after we had departed for the Tx hang (no worries!).

Anyway, we got home Sunday from the hang, cleaned up the gear, then decided to open the box. We got the hammock stand out, hung Pam's BB, and attached the incubator. I was wondering how long it would take until we decided we would have to order another one. It actually took LESS time than I anticipated:scared:. Once we got it hung over the foot box, she smiled and the deal was done.

I haven't ordered the next incubator... yet. I'm going to try out the 2/3 UQ this weekend and let her have the incubator (yes, I am a VERY GOOD husband).

This might be the single most beautiful, well made piece of gear I've ever purchased, and I've got a room full of gear. The attention to detail is unbelievable.

Just to give an idea of timing, I ordered the UQ on 10/4 and it arrived 11/12. IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!

Thanks Adam and Jenny! You guys are the bomb. I hope business is always booming.

Pics coming soon.

Shug
11-15-2010, 23:29
There is just no way not to like their gear ...... it is worth the wait!!!!!
Shug

Can't Wait
11-15-2010, 23:45
A few more weeks I can order my winter Incubator wooh hooo

Muskrat
11-16-2010, 15:44
(sigh . . . ) . . . . :) Glad to hear that it got the wife's approval. I keep checking my email daily to see if there is any "good mail" waiting for me to open but sooo far . . . I expect it may be soon. A good feeling though, just like a kid waiting on Christmas to get here.

Put up some pics, we wanna see ! :D

KerMegan
11-16-2010, 15:47
Yay! Warmth...
KM (who after last weekend is seriously considering a separate savings account for 'special' gear purchases...)

Met77
11-16-2010, 16:05
I just ordered mine on Saturday (3 season incubator). I ordered the 900 fill. I'm excited to try it out over the holidays.

Migrating Bird
11-16-2010, 16:25
Just ordered a Winter Incubator, I can wait for the cold weather though, I have a large garage/guest house I have to finish siding before real winter arrives. Downright balmy here in W.MA right now, temps in the 50's.

cataraftgirl
11-16-2010, 23:44
Hey Shane. I'd love to see some pics of your 3 Season Incubator in action. I'm trying to get any idea of it's packed size as well. Any chance you could get a comparison pic of it along side a WBBB???
Thanks loads
KJ

cataraftgirl
11-16-2010, 23:47
Duh !!!!!
Nevermind, I found your other thread with comparison pics.

KJ

^shane^
11-17-2010, 07:20
Hey Shane. I'd love to see some pics of your 3 Season Incubator in action. I'm trying to get any idea of it's packed size as well. Any chance you could get a comparison pic of it along side a WBBB???
Thanks loads
KJ

Action photos coming this weekend. Now that both the wife and I are fully equipped(:D), I'm taking her on her first backpacking trip this weekend:D:D:D. I'll make sure to take plenty of photos of all the gear (including my incubator on her hammock).

Here's the comparison photo for anyone else that wants it...
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=740&pictureid=5412

^shane^
11-25-2010, 23:11
Thanks loads
KJ

Pictures of the 3S Incubator hanging on the wife's 1.0 dbl BB from last weekend...

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=755&pictureid=5513

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=755&pictureid=5512

Buffalo Skipper
11-26-2010, 09:12
Nice pics, and a truly good looking underquilt! :boggle:

I can't wait until mine arrives. Next week I am told, but I haven't seen that it has shipped yet...

canoebie
11-26-2010, 10:07
Great pics thanks for sharing. Love the lights hanging there as well. My wife loves to read in her hammock, those lights would be just the ticket.

cataraftgirl
11-26-2010, 10:20
Thanks for the pics Shane. I ordered my 3 Season Incubator & 3 Season Burrow this week. I'm getting the green as well. Looks nice. I have the 1.7 WBBB so it should match up well with the color. Any issues with getting the suspension dialed in to snug it up?
Can't wait til I get my package of downey goodness from Adam.
KJ

^shane^
11-26-2010, 14:53
Any issues with getting the suspension dialed in to snug it up?

KJ

I slept out Wednesday night with the 3S incubator on my 1.7 dbl BB. Stock out of the stuff sack, the incubator fits perfectly on the BB from end to end. The "stranglers" on each end to close up the body are simple to use. I tighten up the foot end before getting in the hammock, then tighten up the head end once I'm in and down where I want to be. It was fairly warm Wednesday night (~50 F.) so I woke up and loosened up the head end to sag a bit to cool off.

I'm hanging out again tonight in my BB with the 3S incubator. Low is supposed to be in the mid-20s. We'll see how this goes:D.