PDA

View Full Version : I Couldn't Stand It

oldgringo
12-13-2010, 17:56
I held out as long as I could...ordered an IX Hammock Sock w/SEEP today.:)

It's a sock, It's a weather shield. It's a micro-climate. Hurry, Mac.:laugh:

MacEntyre
12-13-2010, 18:16
Hurry, Mac.:laugh:
I'm on it!

If I don't get your sock, and the rest of the gear folks have requested, made by Christmas, I won't be able to make Mukluks for the MN Freeze Yer Bootinsky Off Hang!

Deadline is man's best friend!

- MacEntyre

Alan
12-13-2010, 19:05
Can't wait to hear your impressions when it arrives and you've had a chance to use it. The more I see of this IX stuff the more interested I become.

I tested UncleMJM's rig recently. He has some IX stuff in his 5-in-1 Jerry Chair strapped to his hammock and it just radiates heat.

(Color me interested in the Hammock Sock w/o SEEP to fit my Blackbird!)

UncleMJM
12-13-2010, 20:21

Can't wait to hear your impressions when it arrives and you've had a chance to use it. The more I see of this IX stuff the more interested I become.

I tested UncleMJM's rig recently. He has some IX stuff in his 5-in-1 Jerry Chair strapped to his hammock and it just radiates heat.

From what I hear, all the cool kids are going to IX :cool: :lol::lol:

Bug-Bait
12-14-2010, 13:25

It's a sock, It's a weather shield. It's a micro-climate. Hurry, Mac.:laugh:

Old Gringo...love your tag line. To Kill a Mockingbird was one of my favorite books as a kid and then as a movie a bit later.

Festus Hagen
12-14-2010, 14:26
There's one wrapped up for me under the tree... I have to wait. <Taps fingers impatiently> We ordered a single-layer bottom, planning to use this to boost my DD Underblanket in stupid-cold temperatures, remains to be seen if it will figure in to my lighter-weight adventures as well.

I was pretty shocked how light it is, if memory serves it weighed 13.8 ounces still packed in a shipping envelope. I was expecting at least a pound.