PDA

View Full Version : Regrets

oldgringo
01-15-2011, 09:24
That I didn't buy one of everything Ed made, before he closed his doors. My kingdom for a SnugFit.

sandpiper
01-15-2011, 11:23
Ditto on the Snugfit.

UncleMJM
01-15-2011, 19:38
Chris recently bought Alan's Snugfit and loves it!

Dutch
01-15-2011, 19:44
I shamefully traded away a peapod.

MacEntyre
01-15-2011, 19:50
Dave, sometimes I feel like my Speer gear is retro, but then I realize that there are aspects of it all that are still cutting edge.

How can you beat this rig for Mt Rogers? I attached the Snugfit to the hammock, then I attached the Speer Bugnet as well... that will close the Snugfit slightly and hold the Speer Top Blanket in, preventing anything from falling overboard. My JRB hood is inside the 2Q/ZQ Peak Bag in my Speer Hammock. Sorta makes a poor man's PeaPod. (Thing1 has the real PeaPod for Mt Rogers.)

- MacEntyre

sandpiper
01-15-2011, 19:51
I haven't seen one up close and personal. Next time we all get together I hope he brings it.:)

UncleMJM
01-15-2011, 20:15
I haven't seen one up close and personal. Next time we all get together I hope he brings it.:)

Let's make it sooner than later :D and he'll be sure to bring it. If he tires of it, we'll let Dave and you know before it hit's the airways.

SmokeHouse
01-15-2011, 21:39
Hate to hear he shut his doors... He had some great gear...

swampfox
01-15-2011, 22:30
This quote from Ed's site

CLOSE OUT PRICING!
The Speer SnugFits have been discontinued
Only a Few Left in Stock
once our current inventory is gone, they will no longer be available

MacEntyre
01-16-2011, 07:02
Ed has not shut his doors any more than I have... he made an agreement to have his products made and sold by Tree to Tree Trail Gear. You can find Speer Products here (http://stores.tttrailgear.com/-strse-Speer-Products/Categories.bok).

You never know... Ed might come up with another product that we can't live without.

SmokeBait
01-16-2011, 07:32
I feel lucky to have an autographed copy of his book. Every time I called his store, Ed was all so helpful.

sandpiper
01-16-2011, 07:58
You never know... Ed might come up with another product that we can't live without.

And we will be waiting...

swampfox
01-16-2011, 08:19
TTTG has some of Ed's stuff, but they don't offer the SnugFit on their website.

MacEntyre
01-16-2011, 12:06
TTTG has some of Ed's stuff, but they don't offer the SnugFit on their website.
They have all of Ed's stuff... Ed discontinued the Snugfit, Speer Winter Tarp and Speer Pad Extender when he partnered with TTTG. TTTG sold the last three Snugfits.

Ed loaned me a Snugfit at the Spring 2010 Hot Springs hang, and I loved it! I thought I put in the final bid on a Snugfit at the auction... but someone got another bid in right as Ed called time! The winner offered to flip a coin for it, and I lost again! So, I ordered a Snugfit from Ed, who was kind enough to give me a discount for behaving well at the auction. :D

Rat
01-16-2011, 12:31
So I guess the real question is: Can you get a Speer Snugfit right now, either from Tree to Tree or Speer? If not will you be able to in the near future?

angrysparrow
01-16-2011, 12:55
No, SnugFits were discontinued entirely.

The three products that were eliminated from the lineup (SnugFit, Speer Winter Tarp, and Speer Pad Extender) were not Ed's designs. They were designed by Youngblood, only sold through Speer.

Perhaps someday Youngblood will make them available again.

oldgringo
01-17-2011, 07:49
No, SnugFits were discontinued entirely.

The three products that were eliminated from the lineup (SnugFit, Speer Winter Tarp, and Speer Pad Extender) were not Ed's designs. They were designed by Youngblood, only sold through Speer.

Perhaps someday Youngblood will make them available again.

One can hope.

Sometimes, the market rushes to embrace the Next New Thing, at the expense of the tried and true. :(

stevebo
01-17-2011, 19:29
last November, Ed was selling 2 peapods for half price---he accidently made them with kelly green on both sides. The disturbing question is....why didnt I buy both of them? What was I thinking? Its was such a sweet deal! I totally regret not doing that . I posted the deal on this forum, and some one else got a really sweet deal!
Whats Ed up to these days? Traveling? touring the world? Inventing something new? :confused: