PDA

View Full Version : Asym quilt for a HH.

skar578
12-28-2007, 00:54
I am planning on making a hh clone (very similar to HC4U, might change dimensions), but I was considering an homemade uq. It would be only about 1/2 or 3/4 length, as a pad works for the feet.

The snugfit seems to work for the speer style hammocks; and sine you can sleep either way, you need insulation over the whole back. For a hh, you only sleep on 1 diagonal, so you only need insulation over part of the bottom.

so my question is: for a hh, what would be the best shape/ design for a 1/2 length quilt.

FanaticFringer
12-28-2007, 01:02
I am planning on making a hh clone (very similar to HC4U, might change dimensions), but I was considering an homemade uq. It would be only about 1/2 or 3/4 length, as a pad works for the feet.

The snugfit seems to work for the speer style hammocks; and sine you can sleep either way, you need insulation over the whole back. For a hh, you only sleep on 1 diagonal, so you only need insulation over part of the bottom.

so my question is: for a hh, what would be the best shape/ design for a 1/2 length quilt.

The Snugfit universal model fits most non spreader bar hammocks. I have both a Speer and Hennessy and you sleep the same way in both. On the diagonal. Nothing special about the Hennessy in this regard.

skar578
12-28-2007, 01:10
yes, but it is ment to sleep either way, and in a hh, you wont. so you can save weight and bulk by only carrying down for directly under me. and I want to built it myself, so am looking for a possibly better design.

Just Jeff
12-28-2007, 03:37
You'll need insulation far enough up the sides that it covers your knees when you're on your side or with your knees Indian style (if you lay that way - I do sometimes). That kinda limits how much you can remove.

skar578
12-28-2007, 13:49
well, I was always picturing the baffles, instead of running either parallel or perpendicular to the ridgeline. what if the baffles were of set the same degree as you sleep?

Just Jeff
12-28-2007, 20:37
Hrm...I don't see why that wouldn't work. Give it a try!

skar578
12-28-2007, 21:52
nut how would I hang it? thinking of spectra or gulyine securing the ends of the hammock (along the ridgeline), and have the other 2 ends tie off to the tieouts.

im not sure how that works. maybe somone smarter can help.