PDA

View Full Version : Leigh's full length under quilt unwrapped

millarky
01-17-2011, 17:24
I ordered and received Leigh's offering well within one week. It arrived in a USPS shoebox size container. Immediately opened and shook it out for a 24 hour unfluff. The photos show that it is a trapezoid and not a rectangle. Measurements per Mark are 72" long x 46" head end x 35" foot end with more than 30% over stuffed 800fp down. It has a very definite differential cut as well which fits nicely on a WB Traveller. The gray quilt used for comparison is Leigh's 2/3 which I have used with great success down to 35*. (Turns out I sleep pretty cold, it can go lower for the average user). Loft so far on both are about 3.5 inches but the baffles on the full length are 5 inches I believe. I have not had a chance to hang it long enough for it to fully loft down into the baffles. It came with a stuff sack and a huge storage sack which turned out to be a document shredder bag :laugh:. Mark also sent along extra shock cord to adjust to my Switchback hammock. The cord is adjusted at the quilt using line lock adjusters which I find superior to cord locks. With the stock cord I was able to make what is essentially a cord triangle thingy and it works great with the Traveler ridge line. I am really looking forward to trying the full length quilt on my favorite hammock (the SB) when I get some free time. For that matter, I'm looking forward to just getting some free time :lol:.

Leigh has some mad skills and I am now standing in line for the hybrid TQ!

p.s. I do not have a scale...sorry.
for info, contact hangnout here on HF

hangnout
01-17-2011, 19:02
Thanks for the review. The baffle height is 2" high with a generous diff cut along the chamber width. The chamber width starts out at 4" on side, next 2 are 6" wide, and the center is trapezoid shape. Quilt weighs about 20 oz with shockcord. I did not get a chance to weigh before Leigh shipped. I will weigh the next one and update

millarky
01-18-2011, 07:15
Oops! The baffles aren't 5 inches; that would be huge!