PDA

View Full Version : New River, on the way!

Jdubbery
01-21-2011, 13:11
Just ordered a New River from AHE, plus some stickers! Pretty excited about combating the NE winter weather. and WINNING.

Law Dawg (ret)
01-21-2011, 13:16
Yer going to love this quilt once you sort out the adjustments. Quality gear and pleasing to the eye. What color did you get and is it the stock 3 season or Deep Winter upgrade? My NR DWU works like magic with the Triangle Thingies BTW, YMMV.

Jdubbery
01-21-2011, 13:19
I got black on black, my wife said the pink on black wouldn't be good. Whatev's;) Also he's out of the 4 season upgrade, and i decided the 3 season would probably suit me better for versatility. I'm totally looking forward to it.

Also you should know that it is because of you, and others who own AHE stuff, that i decided on the AHE gear. A long decision making process, but in the end the positive comments won me over.

aboyd
01-21-2011, 13:39
You are going to love the New River. I got one in tall and have not had a chance to try any real cold weather yet, but I am confident it will get me below 30 degrees. I ordered the tall because I am 6'4", but probably could have gotten by with the regular. Excellent quality, and only weighs 31.5 oz on my scale.

Law Dawg (ret)
01-21-2011, 13:46
Also you should know that it is because of you, and others who own AHE stuff, that i decided on the AHE gear. A long decision making process, but in the end the positive comments won me over.

Blk on blk...good choice as blk on blk goes so well with any color and probably is as stealthy as it gets. Thanks for the compliment but the kuddos belong to Paul. This dude really works hard at customer satisfaction in quality, speed of delivery, and communication. I am waiting for Paul to release (or not) Flame Thrower UQs in full length. Also the FT TQ that is in the works. How nuts is that? Waiting for potential future releases to spend yet more cash on.:rolleyes:

Alan
01-21-2011, 13:51
New River = excellent choice! I love my XL New River.

Jdubbery
01-21-2011, 13:52
Part of what made this purchase such a weighed decision is my lack of cash (nursing school see). Paul's price is ultra competitive, and the more I read, the more I realized his workmanship is second-to-none. That's what I meant by the compliment. Thank Paul for his fine product, ya'll for telling me about it, momma for the cookin', daddy for the... ok sorry.

pgibson
01-21-2011, 14:01
Jdubbery, thanks for the order. Glad that everyone's kind and gracious words helped in your decision. I am going to be cutting a couple Black New Rivers today and we should have yours ready to ship out on Monday. :)

Tbull55
01-21-2011, 14:03
Yep, you'll love it. Getting to use mine tonight. It's only going to get down to about 40, but I'll be super warm and no layering of clothes.

Tbull

bigbamaguy
01-21-2011, 14:04
You can't go wrong with a KAQ NR..........I have two one pre-AHE and one post-AHE then I made two more 3/4 length NR's from a DIY kit they sell at AHE!!!! you can t go wrong with a KAQ!!!!!

Alan
01-21-2011, 14:20
Jdubbery, thanks for the order. Glad that everyone's kind and gracious words helped in your decision. I am going to be cutting a couple Black New Rivers today and we should have yours ready to ship out on Monday. :)

Jdubbery,

Don't listen to that Paul fella. He lies!
He'll cut your black NR today and ship it Monday???
Lies! Lies, I tell you!

If history is any indicator, he'll probably finish it tonight and ship it to you Saturday morning. It will probably get to your door on Monday!)

:laugh:
(See what I did there? LOL!)

Paul is THE MAN!

Jdubbery
01-21-2011, 14:26

Thank you sir. The squirrels and rabbits of the Nebraska plain will know of your awesomeness. And any person I meet of course.

Alan, dude, that was funny. But of course I will be perfectly happy with Wednesday or Thursday or whenever hehe.

pgibson
01-21-2011, 14:34
Alan you behave your self or I might just cut up your credit card #'s and cut you off for a couple weeks.....well maybe a couple days.......Hours? Yah that's it, that will teach you. :tongueup:

Alan
01-21-2011, 14:40
Alan you behave your self or I might just cut up your credit card #'s and cut you off for a couple weeks.....well maybe a couple days.......Hours? Yah that's it, that will teach you. :tongueup:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooo oooooooooooo!!!

Capt-Kevlar
01-21-2011, 18:46
Just got my XL NR in. Woo Hoo its nice. Cant wait to give this thing a run in the cold. I'll be hangin tomorrow night. Should be down in the 30's. Gotta figure out exactly how to snug up to my Clark NX-250.
Its been said but I'll say it again, Paul is AWSOME. Ordered Tuesday and got it Friday. **** fine service and **** fine equipment. Thanks AHE!!!!!

Jdubbery
01-24-2011, 17:48
Got a shipping notice! Just in case anybody wanted to know. hehe

Alan
01-24-2011, 18:28
Got a shipping notice! Just in case anybody wanted to know. hehe

It will be at your doorstep before you know it! Enjoy...