PDA

View Full Version : Chet's Tarp - Just Jeffs site

turk
11-25-2006, 22:13
Greetings,
I have been trying to follow up on the thread in this forum on Youngbloods tarptent. I know several others are interested on specs to make one.

On Just Jeff's site, right below Youngbloods tarptent setup is a variation using less guy outs listed simply as Chet's storm setup. So I have two questions...

Could anyone tell me the dimensions of the "Chets setup" tarp?
Is the tarp depicted simply a 12x12 Neo tarp/ Gear guide? If not, would a NEO 12x12 work more or less the same?
Also what I am thinking of is actually a mod to the JRB 8x8 tarp.
I was thinking of integrating a silny triangle at the head end of the tarp, with some kind of lacing perhaps to attach. And then another triangle with an omni-tape door opening at the foot end. What I was thinking was that you could basically achieve a removeable "Chets storm setup" style tarp from the JRB.

Thoughts anyone on how I might go about this?
I have very little sewing ability.

Maybe I could get the Jacks of JRB to just custom make me a new tarp. nudge nudge, wink wink. New tarp models would be a great addition to the JRB lineup. I would be first in line to purchase one for sure. Love the standard model.

p.s. REALLY hope I am getting a weathershield and Old Rag Mtn for christmas :) :) :) :) :)

Just Jeff
11-25-2006, 23:52
I think the amount of velcro needed for a project that big would weigh more than the JRB tarp. Probably be just as good, weight-wise, to make a storm setup out of sil and carry the JRB as a whole separate tarp.

Better yet, make a storm setup that uses the JRB as one of the walls.

I get permission from everyone when I use their pics on my site - I'll dig up Chet's and see if I have any of his details in there.