PDA

View Full Version : Switchbacks - assymetrical or symetrical?

MAD777
01-27-2011, 17:40
I'm considering switching to a Switchback! (Lame humor, I know)

Inquiring minds want to know:

Are the Switchback hammocks assymetrical or symetrical?

I'm refering to the original cut of the fabric or the way it is gathered, folded, sewed, etc. (not just having assymetrical tie-outs that pull unevenly on the hammock).

Darby
01-27-2011, 21:12
I'm considering switching to a Switchback! (Lame humor, I know)

Inquiring minds want to know:

Are the Switchback hammocks assymetrical or symetrical?

I'm refering to the original cut of the fabric or the way it is gathered, folded, sewed, etc. (not just having assymetrical tie-outs that pull unevenly on the hammock).

Hey Mike,

Actually, the Switchback & LightHiker are both cut as parallelograms. The pull-outs open up the hammock using the slack material created by this design. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dale

Rat
01-27-2011, 21:21
Hey Mike,

Actually, the Switchback & LightHiker are both cut as parallelograms. The pull-outs open up the hammock using the slack material created by this design. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dale

I am assuming a rhomboid parallelogram (?) Pretty sweet, I have admired the switchback since its launch. There's just something about it...

MacEntyre
01-28-2011, 05:38
I am assuming a rhomboid parallelogram (?)
All sides are not equal, so it's not a rhombus.

MAD777
01-28-2011, 07:58
Hey Mike,

Cheers, Dale

So, which diagonal is favored? Head to the left and feet to the right, like a standard Warbonnet Blackbird, or the other way?

Darby
01-28-2011, 17:20
I am assuming a rhomboid parallelogram (?) Pretty sweet, I have admired the switchback since its launch. There's just something about it...

Comfort...

Darby
01-28-2011, 17:22
So, which diagonal is favored? Head to the left and feet to the right, like a standard Warbonnet Blackbird, or the other way?
Hey MAD777

Head left, feet right.

Cheers, Dale

MAD777
01-28-2011, 18:38
Thanks, Dale!