PDA

View Full Version : BMBH width measurement

Joey
02-01-2011, 15:30
What is the width of a BMBH? All I can find on the site is "fits up to 6'3", 275 lbs.

Ewker
02-01-2011, 15:43
The body of the BMBH is 80x 26 inches. The sides at the peak, behind your head are about a foot above your face when lying in the hammock…at your waist they are an inch or two above your body… Thus as you look forward and to the sides there are excellent sight lines. The bug net is an easy 12 inches or more above the face. Pad opening is on the end…26x2 will go right in, length is up to 80 inches.

Peter_pan
02-01-2011, 19:48
Width at the spreader bars is 29 inches... elsewhere it defaults to your width.

Pan

Red Wing
02-01-2011, 19:57
hmmmm, I think this might be my nest hammock.

Roadtorque
02-01-2011, 21:59
I highly recommend this hammock...and I'm tall.

DGrav
02-02-2011, 08:34
I haven't used my other hammocks in three years since I got my JRB BMBH!

BillyBob58
02-02-2011, 08:58
I haven't used my other hammocks in three years since I got my JRB BMBH!

WOW! I remember, DGrav, when you got it and posted here, you were like an instant convert and never looked back! Me, I took a while to come around! :rolleyes:

DGrav
02-02-2011, 11:23
WOW! I remember, DGrav, when you got it and posted here, you were like an instant convert and never looked back! Me, I took a while to come around! :rolleyes:

I know I've said it before, but I never understood why it didn't get quite the buzz around here as other hammocks. Great to see that interest seems to have picked up.

I've been testing out the new version with the zipper and it is even better! Can't wait to get a nice week long trip in it!

I've started using Dutch clips in conjunction with the JRB Tri Glides, by far it is the easiest suspension rig I've ever used. Quick setup, easy adjustment and light-weight!

Joey
02-02-2011, 12:52
I've been testing out the new version with the zipper and it is even better! Can't wait to get a nice week long trip in it!

Any chance you'd post some pics of the zipper set up?

Red Wing
02-06-2011, 19:42
^^ +1 for Joe's ?

DGrav
02-06-2011, 19:56

As soon as I get some time off during daylight hours I will set up and take some pics/

Meander
02-27-2011, 11:17
Width at the spreader bars is 29 inches... elsewhere it defaults to your width.

Pan

I have a question about the defaults to your width part... I have a JRB BMB and I LOVE it. However, I am a long legged gal and the length from my hips to my knees is the problem. I sleep on my side and the weight of my body pulls the hammock down, of course, and that pulls the sides in in the middle. I find that I do not have enough width in the middle of the hammock to lay flat on my side if I have my legs drawn up. I sleep more in a fetal position with either one or both legs bent so that my knees are parallel to my hips. That position help straighten my lower back.
In the BMB, I end up having to prop my top leg on the side on hammock and that causes a blood flow problem and wakes me up. I end up flipping and flopping unless I am dog tire.
I was wondering if there was a mod that I could do that would allow for more room in the middle of the hammock so that I could lay flat on my side with my knees parallel to my hips. Any ideas out there?

Peter_pan
02-27-2011, 14:22
I have a question about the defaults to your width part... I have a JRB BMB and I LOVE it. However, I am a long legged gal and the length from my hips to my knees is the problem. I sleep on my side and the weight of my body pulls the hammock down, of course, and that pulls the sides in in the middle. I find that I do not have enough width in the middle of the hammock to lay flat on my side if I have my legs drawn up. I sleep more in a fetal position with either one or both legs bent so that my knees are parallel to my hips. That position help straighten my lower back.
In the BMB, I end up having to prop my top leg on the side on hammock and that causes a blood flow problem and wakes me up. I end up flipping and flopping unless I am dog tire.
I was wondering if there was a mod that I could do that would allow for more room in the middle of the hammock so that I could lay flat on my side with my knees parallel to my hips. Any ideas out there?

Meander,

The BMBH wants one to lay flat and straight, or at least relatively straight, ie legs not bent more than 120* at he knees... If you want to curl into the fetal position a gathered end hammock will be more supportive of the deep knee bend..

Pan

Danalex
02-27-2011, 15:38
My Chrysalis has 39" spreader bars and low sides and it's easy to lay on my side with knees up.

DGrav
04-03-2011, 19:10

Finally got a nice day and some free time! Here are a few pics.

I realize after looking at the pics that the Dutch clip should be further to the left on the tree so the load is taken by the tree not the clip...... I think so at least...... Dutch? I'm sure the most awesome hike will chime in.....

I still can't believe how easy this setup is!

Dutch
04-03-2011, 19:42
Finally got a nice day and some free time! Here are a few pics.

I realize after looking at the pics that the Dutch clip should be further to the left on the tree so the load is taken by the tree not the clip...... I think so at least...... Dutch? I'm sure the most awesome hike will chime in.....

I still can't believe how easy this setup is!

I'm here for ya Don and your are correct. That way puts a lot of stress on the Dutch Clip. Ideally it would be exactly the other way with the clip just preventing the webbing from going around the tree.

DGrav
04-03-2011, 20:04
I'm here for ya Don and your are correct. That way puts a lot of stress on the Dutch Clip. Ideally it would be exactly the other way with the clip just preventing the webbing from going around the tree.

Look at that speedy product support!!!!