PDA

View Full Version : New 2QZQ Website

2Questions
02-13-2011, 14:18
Well....I finished the new website. That was a real learning curve. I should stick to HVAC servicing!!
Take a look , submit a mock order and help me determine if it works. I still have the old one I can put back up...just in case.
I like feedback, so don't hold back. Donna and I like to make things that work well.
We decided to not have a store or do PayPal from the site since our business is largely custom work often requiring multiple communications. Plus, it keeps us close to our customers, we like that.
Thanks for your help.
2Q and ZQ

Dutch
02-13-2011, 14:28
Looks good, and it is good to see Donna come out from hiding. Great shot of her at the pinnacle.

pizza
02-13-2011, 14:39
Nice looking website.

Hetairoi
02-13-2011, 14:40
Looks good, nice clean design, easy to navigate and find everything.

submit a mock order and help me determine if it works.

Anything in particular you want to test? If someone does submit a mock order is there a flag or message that should be put in the notes to indicate it's a test?

I should make a real order from you anyway :lol:

Actually hadn't seen Mod#4 before, I gotta pay more attention.

2Questions
02-13-2011, 14:46
Looks good, and it is good to see Donna come out from hiding. Great shot of her at the pinnacle.

That's actually Flat Rock off the Tuscarora Trail. But yes, it is good to see her. After all, we all know she's the "fingers" of the operation!!

2Questions
02-13-2011, 14:48
Looks good, nice clean design, easy to navigate and find everything.

Anything in particular you want to test? If someone does submit a mock order is there a flag or message that should be put in the notes to indicate it's a test?

I should make a real order from you anyway :lol:

Actually hadn't seen Mod#4 before, I gotta pay more attention.

Just write in the comments area that its a test order or something to that end. I've yet to figure out how to make a confirmation page and have it display after the submit is done. The typical web resources approach doesn't seem to work at the moment. I have some tech support questions for Monday morning.

wetface
02-13-2011, 15:20
Jolly good job! Nice pic of the queen overlooking her kingdom. Best wishes on your continued success.

Silverlion
02-13-2011, 15:32
Nice! Great job. I'm still pinching pennies for my mod. I'll be ready soon!

lazy river road
02-13-2011, 16:31
Awesome Job Tim, Very nice work looking forward to hanging out with you and ZQ at the MAHA

2Questions
02-13-2011, 18:29
Updated website already! with Verdana type font. Thanks for the suggestion Bradley!

^shane^
02-13-2011, 19:09
Very nice. Very clean. Looks great!

opie
02-13-2011, 20:28
Looks good. Ive been toying with removing the ability to purchase right from my site as well. It gets away from the personal, one on one type of transactions I want to have.

Well done.

2Questions
02-13-2011, 21:06
Still problems with gmail, yahoo, hotmal users. The website uses the visitors email program to send me the order and it appears it defaults to the computers email program, ie... Outlook express, and therefore doesn't send the data. So, for now my home address is the target address and it appears it works with Firefox if the default email program is being used. Not the long term solution, need to have WebPlusX4 software fix their bug in combo box, check box data transmission.

Can't Wait
02-13-2011, 21:43
Will have my order in week of 21 Feb 2011 thanks Guys

Wags
02-13-2011, 21:56
looks very professional! nicely done...

JayS
02-13-2011, 22:26
Looks, and feels, great, Tim. Good to see the two of you are busy creating new mods and great gear!

richtorfla
02-13-2011, 22:42
I like it! Job well done. It was easy to clik around. Nice pics of all the mods!

OutandBack
02-16-2011, 01:54
I really like the new site. Easy to navigate great piney woods photos. Love it.

moski
02-16-2011, 02:32
Slick site !

But the ordering does not work for me !

I fill in the form.
I check the stuff i want.
And press SUBMIT.

All that happends is that my email proggie launches with your email pre written.
But thats it !

No ordered stuff .
No shipping info.
No comment.

Ps, i use a stanalone email proggie .

2Questions
02-16-2011, 06:20
Slick site !

But the ordering does not work for me !

I fill in the form.
I check the stuff i want.
And press SUBMIT.

All that happends is that my email proggie launches with your email pre written.
But thats it !

No ordered stuff .
No shipping info.
No comment.

Ps, i use a stanalone email proggie .

Hi Moski,
Yes, the standalone email programs will not send the message. It is looking for a default program in your computer, not a web based program. I am working on changing the whole structure to eliminate that problem, but haven't been successful yet. Send us your order to [email protected] and I will confirm it with you. Thanks.

moski
02-16-2011, 06:33
Hi Moski,
Yes, the standalone email programs will not send the message. It is looking for a default program in your computer, not a web based program. I am working on changing the whole structure to eliminate that problem, but haven't been successful yet. Send us your order to [email protected] and I will confirm it with you. Thanks.

Hehe !
I was just testing your new site !
Got a hole house filled with Grizz Beaks and peak bags.
In good time i might order more :)

Ever thought about Grizz Beaks made of Cuben ?

2Questions
02-16-2011, 06:45
Hehe !
I was just testing your new site !
Got a hole house filled with Grizz Beaks and peak bags.
In good time i might order more :)

Ever thought about Grizz Beaks made of Cuben ?

ZQ here....Tim left for work a bit ago.
Thanks for the testing...every one helps.
Cuben...I remember someone mentioning that on a post before...might have been you!?:) We haven't looked into that...isn't cuben expensive? I don't know if it would be beneficial to invest in stocking that fabric. I haven't even had my hands on Cuben...what is it like to work with? I have learned to never to say never...you don't know what the future holds...but for now, we are not thinking Cuben in anything! Thanks for the suggestion! ZQ

MacEntyre
02-16-2011, 08:08
It looks fantastic!

easyriver
02-16-2011, 09:27
May I suggest that the two files you sent me via e-mail, about shipping etc, just be posted somewhere on the site. Potential customers could read them before, or when considering ordering. Would save you having to e-mail them out to each customer.

PS: Really looking forward to getting my HH back, from PA.

2Questions
02-16-2011, 18:36
great piney woods photos. Love it.

Actually that is a picture of the piney woods a bit north of you!! 2Q took that looking, over a lake, at the mountains in the Rocky Mountain National Park outside of Estes Park, CO. ZQ

Deadphans
02-25-2011, 11:16
I like the new design!

Trout
02-25-2011, 16:07
Nice clean site.

rstick
02-25-2011, 23:16
Very nice!