PDA

View Full Version : Got my Baby Orca today!

Joey
02-22-2011, 14:46
Got my Baby Orca today. It came with two long pieces of shock cord to set up suspension with. I used one as is for the foot end, and shortened the other for the head end.

I set up my GT Ultralight, and then attached the UQ. I adjusted the ends to where I like things and stood back for a look-see. Things looked good so I hopped in for a short nap. We've got about 2 -3" of snow on the ground here. Temps right at 30F. I expected this UQ to only be good down to around 40F. I lay there quite awhile and felt toasty warm. I reached my hand inside the UQ and felt a nice warm pocket of air. I'm very impressed, and extremely happy with this.

Packs up very simply and easy too!

MacEntyre
02-23-2011, 04:59
Got any pictures, Joe Cross?

:confused:

Alan
02-23-2011, 07:27
Yeah! What Mac said.
Pics or it didn't happen! :laugh:

Joey
02-23-2011, 11:31
OK, here's a couple of pics of the Baby Orca around my GT Ultralight. I put my Z-rest pad in to give a little form. You can see the slight gap, which closes when I get in, at the head. You can also notice that the foot end is not cinched as tight, as there's not as much weight to close that gap. I love this set up.

Thanks to Papasmurf for outfitting my GTU with whoopies and adjustable ridgeline. Thanks to Mac for making this awesome UQ!

Hobbit
02-26-2012, 18:28
Glad that is working out well for you. Thanks for posting the photos. I am investigating these for use in the coming months. I see I am not the only one who will test hang in the winter in full view of the traffic out front :D