PDA

View Full Version : New Hammock Gear Maker

Mule
02-28-2011, 12:50
Check this out! This guy is a member and a good friend of mine.

http://www.dphammockgear.com/tarps.html

Joey
02-28-2011, 13:28
That's an interesting backpack they've designed there.

I'm also curious about the hammock. What's the actual material and strength of the 8 oz hammock? Bigger guys want to know!

Mule
02-28-2011, 13:34
That's an interesting backpack they've designed there.

I'm also curious about the hammock. What's the actual material and strength of the 8 oz hammock? Bigger guys want to know!
The double I think at 12 ounces would be for us bigger guys. According to Brandons data on the WBBB website, I could use a double 1.0 BB, the one made in China and get by just fine. I am thinking he is not using anything lighter than 1.0, but I will forward this thread to Dave, the DP man.

d-p
03-01-2011, 06:54
First,
Thank you Mule for your unexpected kindness. You are a friend.

Second,
I'm thinking it is unethicial for dp to talk up his cottage business. Personal message questions are welcome or on www.dphammockgear.com there is a "contact" page for questions also.

Thirdly,
What a great backpacking chat site www.hammockforums.net is? I know I have enjoyed the HF site for a long time. In fact, way back, Mule kept sharing with me what a great site HF was and that I should spend some time with it.

Thanks HF as I have learned much and am still learning with HF's.

dp
www.dphammockgear.com

Alamosa
03-01-2011, 07:07
Second,
I'm thinking it is unethicial for dp to talk up his cottage business. Personal message questions are welcome or on www.dphammockgear.com (http://www.dphammockgear.com) there is a "contact" page for questions also.

Trashing another vendor or answering every thread in the entire website with a sales pitch would be an issue, but I can't see where a vendor talking about their offerings in the Hammock Gear - Manufacturers and Services (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2) section is unethical in any way. IMO.

I'll take a look at your site. Good luck! :thumbup:

Mule
03-01-2011, 07:10
Many of us here on HF have been singing the praises of JRB and Speer and now many other great manufacturers for years. It's just our thing.

ohski
03-02-2011, 21:59
Check this out! This guy is a member and a good friend of mine.

http://www.dphammockgear.com/tarps.html

I checked him out and ordered a couple of quilts from him... Didn't see this until after though so I'm not sure if you get all the credit.

Looking forward to testing them out...

Ski

Mule
03-02-2011, 22:14
I checked him out and ordered a couple of quilts from him... Didn't see this until after though so I'm not sure if you get all the credit.

Looking forward to testing them out...

Ski
Oh, I don't get anything for this. I just believe he has some cool stuff. Two Quilts hugh? I will be looking forward to a review.

WV
03-02-2011, 22:27
I know this guy. He is a relentless seeker for good ideas and good practices, and I wish him well. He will always deliver value for money. :)

ohski
03-07-2011, 19:12
My quilts came in today... Heck they beat my Hammock here. I got both a UQ and a TQ. The finish is top notch... very much a quality feel to them. I'm not an ultra light guy but I think these would qualify for that. They both have a stuff sack that is just the right size (not too big, not too small).

When my WBBB comes in and I get to go out for my first test hang I'll report back with my findings.

Thanks again... Ski

Mule
03-07-2011, 19:49
My quilts came in today... Heck they beat my Hammock here. I got both a UQ and a TQ. The finish is top notch... very much a quality feel to them. I'm not an ultra light guy but I think these would qualify for that. They both have a stuff sack that is just the right size (not too big, not too small).

When my WBBB comes in and I get to go out for my first test hang I'll report back with my findings.

Thanks again... Ski

Can you post some photos? I am anxious to hear how they work and to what temp.

ohski
03-07-2011, 20:56
Yea, I'll post some pics when I get it all together... as a tid bit for now I will say that these are a little thicker than a poncho liner. There is a thinner fabric on one side and a DWR treated fabric (outside) on the other. Quilting seems very nicely done as do all the seams.

I related these to a ponch liner because I'm familiar with them... I was actually going to make an UQ with one. When I saw these I was hooked... These are also made with polyester insulation not down (This may not be for everybody but it's what I wanted).

Ski

SteelerNation
03-08-2011, 10:21
Any updates/reviews on the weight capabilities of the hammocks?

thx,

SN