PDA

View Full Version : Guardian Bug Net: 400lb Rating?

Slanket
03-02-2011, 21:46
So I had been meaning to ask this question for some time now, but the Guardian bug net has a tag on it claiming a 400 lb rating. This thing is pretty burly, so I wouldn't be all that surprised if the material actually could handle 400 lbs (not that I'm sure why it would need to). I'm guessing that this is in regards to the hammocks Eno sells, but am curious to know if anybody knows why there's a tag giving a bug net a weight rating?

Law Dawg (ret)
03-02-2011, 22:00
So I had been meaning to ask this question for some time now, but the Guardian bug net has a tag on it claiming a 400 lb rating.

Dang...that would be one big Skeeter!:eek:;)

Slanket
03-02-2011, 23:18
OH GOD! GET TO YOUR HAMMOCKS!
\
http://i.imgur.com/eG6m3.jpg

Big Papi
03-04-2011, 13:55
If I ever see a mosquito that big, I'm gonna shoot it, stuff it, and mount it. And of course take pics, because according to yall, pics or it didn't happen.

Danvandanne
03-04-2011, 17:38
Slanket,

Have you tried climbing into the bug net to see if it can really hold up? :confused: Just Kidding, unless it was designed for clumsy campers that roll out of the hammock in the night. At least they wouldn't get too far away in the net. :D

-Dan

Slanket
03-05-2011, 11:26
Heh, no not yet. I would guess that the net's suspension would give out pretty quickly though. Maybe I will give Eno a call and ask them.

If I ever see a mosquito that big, I'm gonna shoot it, stuff it, and mount it. And of course take pics, because according to yall, pics or it didn't happen.

Best taxidermy ever.