PDA

View Full Version : ENO Mosquito Net

mtucker502
03-17-2011, 14:29
It's about time to start using the mosquito net again and this time, I'm hoping to get the net to function correctly.

My problem with the net is that when in the hammock, the net hangs straight down from the ridge line touching both sides of the hammock. Those pesky skeeters bite me right through the net and hammock.

I'm considering a permethrin soak to help but there must be some way to spread the net open? I thought of taping tieouts to the side of the net to help expand it but I think they'd just come undone.

Any ideas?

Roadrunnr72
03-17-2011, 20:57
Tie outs or find a way to put a spreader bar under the hammock. I don't know if tape would hold, but you could sew a few pieces of grosgrain and make some loops. The permethrin will help. I have not used it myself, but a lot have and I have a bottle of it to try this year.

Bubba
03-17-2011, 21:02
There is a lot of material at the bottom of the bugnet so some tie outs word help. Before you sew just take a small stone of something, put it on the inside and tie some cord around it on the outside. This way you can see if it works and you can readjust and move the tie out points as you tweak.

patrickbdunlap
03-20-2011, 16:36
I have never had that problem but even in warm weather I normally have my bag on the sides of me so the bugs can't bite through. But I like the stone/tie idea if I run into this on my summer hiking, thanks.

Sambeaux
03-24-2011, 22:03
I don't see why JRB grip clips would not work on a bug net.