PDA

View Full Version : Bottom portion of JRB Weathershield

Certain
12-03-2006, 00:51
I looked at this for the first time tonight. I noticed it states that you can attach it over the Nest. Well...could I attach it to my hammock, insert a CCF pad between it and my hammock and then add my Nest around that?

So it would be Hammock, CCF Pad, Weathershield, Nest

I've never seen one of these things to see how they attach but it does say it can be made to fit an HH Asym.

I'm still hung up on the idea of inserting a pad under my hammock instead of inside.

Peter_pan
12-03-2006, 07:45
I looked at this for the first time tonight. I noticed it states that you can attach it over the Nest. Well...could I attach it to my hammock, insert a CCF pad between it and my hammock and then add my Nest around that?

So it would be Hammock, CCF Pad, Weathershield, Nest

I've never seen one of these things to see how they attach but it does say it can be made to fit an HH Asym.

I'm still hung up on the idea of inserting a pad under my hammock instead of inside.

Michele,

The routine order is Hammock, Nest, then Weather Shield.... If you want a pad, for best results put the pad in the hammock.

Pads between the hammock and Nest run the risk of not conforming well to the hammmock or requiring to much tension on the Nest to keep the pad conformed and in place that the Nest Loft is reduced.

There are pictures of Weather Shields on Nests in the customer photos section of JRB site...

Try it your way, if you like ... I would not, however, expect the best result... If you try it that way the thinner the pad, the more supple the better the chance for good result... it you get cold in the middle of the night you can rearrange it in the recommended order, do a few jumping jacks to warm back up, get in and salvage the nite.

Pan

Certain
12-03-2006, 10:56
Thanks Pan. That's what I thought would be the case, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Hangman
12-03-2006, 12:30
michele, i had a good experience with hhss and the nest i think i can go much lower then my last trip of upper 20's. no condensation issues. and no pad in hammock the supper shelter is 13 oz. i will be going out again in a few weeks and will post results.

stoikurt
12-04-2006, 14:42
michele, i had a good experience with hhss and the nest i think i can go much lower then my last trip of upper 20's. no condensation issues. and no pad in hammock the supper shelter is 13 oz. i will be going out again in a few weeks and will post results.

So, Hangman, did you use the HH undercover and underpad with the JRB Nest? Someone said the undercover might reduce the loft of the Nest. Did you find this to be a problem?

Hangman
12-04-2006, 15:31
So, Hangman, did you use the HH undercover and underpad with the JRB Nest? Someone said the undercover might reduce the loft of the Nest. Did you find this to be a problem?

no i didn't, but i put the nest under the the weather shield. it was hammock,thin pad that came with hh system, weather shield than nest. i had the hammock,thin pad and bottom weather shield in a # 4 snake skin. so all i had to do was add the nest. i will be posting more on this set up as i get a chance to try in the teens. i fell it will work.

Certain
12-04-2006, 23:26
What pad comes w/the HH system?

Just Jeff
12-04-2006, 23:29
It's a thin open cell foam pad that shaped to the hammock.