PDA

View Full Version : no net hammocks shipped

neo
02-03-2008, 13:00
good news the no net no nets have shipped:)

Hi Rick -
All shipped. Thanks for your patience. You and your friends are lucky you pre-ordered, before they were finished. Now we have to raise the price, you you all made out well.
Thanks again,
TOM

Mule
02-03-2008, 13:23
Rick, I am sewing on my DIY Claytor today. I think I found a way to make it lay so straight you won't believe it. I will post the results in a few hours. Mule

greggg3
02-03-2008, 15:28
You've got my interest, Mule - waiting to see what your idea is...

Mule
02-03-2008, 23:17
You've got my interest, Mule - waiting to see what your idea is...
I am going to copy this and paste it to a separate thread, but here it is here too:
I'll tell you about my experiment. Rather than cut and sew on my DIY Claytor, I hung it up to experiment. It has velcro on each side so that the Speer Snugfit will work well with it. Again, rather than cut and sew, which will be the next step, I took some long pieces of velcro and pulled pleats in he hammock where my left knee and right shoulder would lay. I applied the velcro and a couple of spring clamps to help it to hold. It did hold and I was surprised. I expected the hammock to flatten out in the opposite diagonal from the diagonal line the crips made, This caused the hammock to truly be asym, but it flattened out where the pleats were! In other words it flattened where my right shoulder was. What it did was: where the hammock was pulled short, it made a pocket hang under that area and my head layed right down, completely horizontal with my upper body after experimenting a little.
By making the pleat deeper, therefore shortening up the side the pleat is on I found an optimum pleat of about 3 inches per side, six inches were taken out of the side by my right shoulder.
The pleat at my left knee area didn't seem to help any. By removing the pleat on my left knee it didn't make any difference to the way the upper body flattened, but neither did it flatten out my legs the same way my upper body flattened.
I took remote fired pictures with all the configurations then in Photoshop I drew lines referencing the angles from the horizontal on my upper body and lower body. Only the one with 6 inches removed showed a dramatic flattening effect on my upper body. Nothing seemed to lower my legs. They just aren't heavy enough to force themselves into the Pocket the way my head and shoulders did.
The next step will be to put a slip at my RIGHT knee and LEFT shoulder and sew a triangle into that area LENGTHENING the sides by about 6 or eight inches to start with.
I am the kind or person that may let this lay for awhile before actually cutting up my hammock. When I do it will be an 11 foot x 5 foot one I made a few weeks ago, not my double bottom Claytor type. Mule

greggg3
02-04-2008, 18:40
This sounds similar to the warbonnet hammock?

Hector
02-07-2008, 13:44
So has anyone received their no-net hammock?

greggg3
02-07-2008, 21:28
not yet! still waiting

greggg3
02-09-2008, 09:19
OK, they shipped on 2/3. From what I hear on here, it should take 2 weeks or less for shipping right? So we're look at 2/17 or sooner?

They might even arrive any day next week? Does anyone know if they come by UPS or USPS?

Trying to decide if I should schedule an outing for next weekend or the weekend after that...hmmmm....

redbeard
02-09-2008, 10:05
They come USPS and you have to sign for them. At least I always have to.
Redbeard

Hector
02-14-2008, 21:54
No-net arrived today. Packs small, feels light. Does have the double bottom. The webbing looks like it'll need replacing (seems too stretchy). Will try to give it a test next weekend -- this weekend is predicted to be dangerously stormy.

Mule
02-15-2008, 00:13
No-net arrived today. Packs small, feels light. Does have the double bottom. The webbing looks like it'll need replacing (seems too stretchy). Will try to give it a test next weekend -- this weekend is predicted to be dangerously stormy.
Did you have to sign for it?

greggg3
02-15-2008, 02:50
Yes, what skskinner asked. It will kill me to get home and find I don't have it cuz I wasn't home to sign for it. Also was it USPS?

"Packs small and light" - OH YEAH BABY! music to my ears Hector!

And Dang IT, where is MINE! I think I'll go ahead and pitch the speer winter tarp in the back yard now and have it ready so I can put up the no net under it and try it out as soon as it gets here.

Hector
02-15-2008, 13:48
Yes, you have to sign for it, and yes it was USPS.

I ordered carabiners, spectra and polyester webbing loops for it last night. The webbing that comes with it ain't worth carrying. But you sorta expect that with a "storebought" hammock, right?

HappyCamper
02-15-2008, 14:21
Hector, what's the weight of your new double bottom hammock? Have you tried it with a pad in the pocket? Any problems with that?

Hector
02-15-2008, 14:41
I'll put it on the scale tonight, but feels like a pound to me. I'll weigh it without the webbing that came with it, but with the stuff sack. My old postal scale is only good to about 1/2 oz so don't get too worked up. I haven't tried a pad in the double-bottom with someone in it, but I don't see how it could screw up. It's open on one side most of the way.

I actually got this for my twin 9-year-olds for winter camping; I plan to put one full pad and two 1/2 pads in and let them sleep in there together, opposite each other. We'll see how it works out.

I use a Big Agnes bag with pad sleeve so I'm good to go in anything; just toss in the bag/pad combo with the bag open, sit in the middle of the pad and swivel 90°, zip up as required by temperatures. So, in the winter I use a TreeHugger hammock (very like an ENO or TrekLite). In the summer, when the bugs are out in force, I use a Hennessey Explorer Deluxe and a fleece sleeping bag (into the 60°s at night) or even just a Coolmax sheet when it's really hot and humid, no pad.

neo
02-15-2008, 16:17

the webbing works very well.dont through it away:cool: neo

Hector
02-15-2008, 16:47
Okay, here's the lowdown: The hammock with the webbing weighs about 1 lb. 7 oz. Without the webbing it weighs about 1 lb. 3 oz. This is according to an old sliding-weight postal scale that weighs up to 7 lbs or so.

A 40" wide Oware pad fits into the hammock's double bottom. In fact, you could probably fit two in there end-to-end with about a foot of overlap. A "standard blue ccf" pad fits in on a diagonal and more-or-less stays there while you get in, then your weight seems to keep it in place. The Oware works better. I'd say that for stability, wider pads are better for use between the layers. You can tell you're on a pad, but that doesn't bother me.

It needs to be hung with plenty of sag or you get pretty severe shoulder squeeze.

The provided webbing is indeed a PITA with a lot of stretch. Easy to improvise a good support system, though.

Hector
02-15-2008, 17:35
Here's a bonus for those who have a Z-Rest lying around -- the double bottom actually makes the old accordion pad usable in a hammock.

greggg3
02-15-2008, 17:41
Dang it! I got home today and NOTHING!

Thanks for the info Hector. The weight sounds good to me. I just got a 40 inch pad, so wohoo! sounds like that will work well.

Do you think that since it needs a lot of sag, the webbing is self correcting, like you pull it tight, then when you get in, it stretches to give the proper sag? Anyway, I prefer rope to webbing so I'll be converting it over - leave the webbing in the sewn tube to distribute load, then tie it to switch to spyder line, that is once I get the darn thing. Anyone else received theirs yet?

neo
02-15-2008, 17:48
Dang it! I got home today and NOTHING!

Thanks for the info Hector. The weight sounds good to me. I just got a 40 inch pad, so wohoo! sounds like that will work well.

Do you think that since it needs a lot of sag, the webbing is self correcting, like you pull it tight, then when you get in, it stretches to give the proper sag? Anyway, I prefer rope to webbing so I'll be converting it over - leave the webbing in the sewn tube to distribute load, then tie it to switch to spyder line, that is once I get the darn thing. Anyone else received theirs yet?

same here bro,i am still waiting for mine to arrive:cool: neo

neo
02-16-2008, 12:44
:( saturday febuary 16 th no sign of my claytor no net yet:cool: neo

greggg3
02-16-2008, 14:25
How many people in the USA actually bought the no net and are waiting like Neo and I?

greggg3
02-16-2008, 15:47
Mailman just came and went Neo - I got nuthing!

Mule
02-16-2008, 16:52
Mine didn't come. Mule:confused:

cgul1
02-16-2008, 20:43
yeah, I ordered one about a week or so ago" I figured two weeks.minimum
looking forward to trying it out.

BillyBob58
02-16-2008, 22:17
Mine didn't come. Mule:confused:

I want you guys to get this thing and tell me if it is very comfy, or so-so, and if it is well made. I'm kind of thinking of getting one my self. If it's comfortable and allows enough diagonal ( if needed ) for comfy knees, I'm thinking it might work great with the PeaPod due to it's 4 ft. width. And of course, it double layer bottom is of great interest. Hurry up! :rolleyes:

redbeard
02-17-2008, 00:10
I've got a couple of the new ones on my for sale list.
Redbeard

greggg3
02-17-2008, 07:13
you've already received your no-nets, redbeard?
or you're just planning on selling them when you get them?

redbeard
02-17-2008, 08:14
I got them last week. They are good quality, made like the jungle hammocks without a net. I just need more width in a hammock.
Redbeard

greggg3
02-17-2008, 11:12
What the heck? I ordered mine and paid with paypal on Dec 9th. I live in Ohio just like Redbeard. He got his last week and I got nada a week later? What up with the USPS?

Redbeard, are you sure you got the longer one, after Neo got Tom to increase the length?

redbeard
02-17-2008, 11:33
Yes, I got two of the 10' no nets, which by the way, after they're sewn, they measure about 9' 4" from the inner seam on the channel to the inner seam on the other end. I had ordered an 8' before Christmas and it came the last of January because of their New year celebration. It was such poor quality that Tom sent me a replacement 10' along with the other 10' I ordered later in January. Thats how I ended up with 2. They are very good quality hammocks. I asked my wife to look them over because she used to work as a dress maker and she couldn't find anything wrong which is unusual.
Redbeard

Mule
02-19-2008, 22:10
I haven't received mine yet. One of them is for a friend who is waiting impatiently for it. Mule

neo
02-19-2008, 23:00
I haven't received mine yet. One of them is for a friend who is waiting impatiently for it. Mule

ewker said he got his today:cool: neo

Mule
02-19-2008, 23:21
Have you got yours, Neo?

Mule
02-19-2008, 23:23
We were planning on going Friday and Saturday nights, but it looks like it will be near 10 degrees on Saturday and 18 on Friday. Probably we will wait. Whatever the others want to do is OK with me. Mule

neo
02-20-2008, 11:31
Have you got yours, Neo?

i am picking mine up at the post office today:cool: neo

DougTheElder
02-20-2008, 11:59
O.K. So now I've got it. Arrived today. It's just a little different than a HH. So...What's the best way to hang it?

neo
02-20-2008, 15:20
O.K. So now I've got it. Arrived today. It's just a little different than a HH. So...What's the best way to hang it?

just look at my photo gallery bro:cool: neo

BillyBob58
02-20-2008, 17:15
I'm looking forward to test results and opinions!

Mule
02-20-2008, 17:38
No sign of my pair of hammocks! $(%^&&

neo
02-20-2008, 20:52
No sign of my pair of hammocks! $(%^&&

:) i picked mine up at the post office today:cool: neo

neo
02-20-2008, 21:03
:) i picked mine up at the post office today:cool: neo

a pic of it in the stuff sack:cool: neo

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=2811&c=2

greggg3
02-21-2008, 20:24
Finally got mine today!

Longer is definitely COMFORTABLE.

How do you tell which is the top and which is the bottom? I can't tell any difference in the material.

Mule
02-21-2008, 21:47
Mule is still without his. %*^_$((