PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: I'm going back to the ground..

Tobit
02-03-2008, 18:59
Hanging just isn't working for me.. selling my hammock and tarp.

ENO DoubleNest - Excellent condition, blue and olive in color. Will include 24' of webbing (2 x 12'), cinch buckles, and 2 x biners. Price: $45 - delivered

MacCat Deluxe Tarp - Purchased from GrizzlyAdams and he only used it once. Perfect condition with stuff sack. $65

PM me if interested.

- JT

hangnout
02-03-2008, 19:05
PM sent on Tarp

Tobit
02-03-2008, 19:09
Tarp has been sold pending payment.

- JT

GrizzlyAdams
02-03-2008, 19:17
sorry to lose you guy.

Although it may be too late at this point (but you do still have the hammock), some folks take a few times out to get into the knack of it. But if "lightest weight out" is the metric, you can't get there with a hammock. There are ounces---entire ounces!---difference between packing out with hammock+insulation+bugnet and bivy-bag-tarp. It's a trade-off.

Dang that tarp is making the rounds like Cannibal's UQ, Harlot.

Grizz

Hana Hanger
02-03-2008, 19:20
I'll take the hammock
my old single is about to bite the dust literally!

Kanguru
02-03-2008, 19:26
Gee, wish it would have worked out for you. You went with good stuff. The straps you have with the ENO...are they from strapworks? And if so, aren't they 1" x 12'?

Tobit
02-03-2008, 19:30
Both items have been sold, thanks guys.

- JT

FanaticFringer
02-03-2008, 19:33
Sorry it didn't work out for you. What exactly happened for you to come to this decision?

Tobit
02-03-2008, 19:36
Gee, wish it would have worked out for you. You went with good stuff. The straps you have with the ENO...are they from strapworks? And if so, aren't they 1" x 12'?
Me too, I had high hopes. Yes, they are from strapworks.. they make 1" wide pre-sewn straps, loop on each end, for hammock users. They come in lengths from 2' all the way up to 30'. I bought a 24' and cut it in half.

sorry to lose you guy.
I tried it 10 times in the yard this past week.. even with the DoubleNest my body seemed to be too constrained and I could never get comfortable. The weight wasn't a factor at all.

- JT

Hana Hanger
02-03-2008, 19:45
Hanging is not for everyone, sad to say. Wish everyone felt the pure bliss and no back pain that I get to experience when I hang in a hammock.
In my family only my oldest son and I are more comfortable hanging than hugging the ground.

I always take my 1 lb Brawny Tarptent with me for when I want to be on the ground as back up as well.

Thanks for the deal...looking forward to using both this and my new hammock sock in Yosemite.

Now don't everyone get mad at me because I got his hammock...if I would of been faster I would of loved that tarp too:D

Cannibal
02-04-2008, 08:28
Dang! Sorry to hear that Tobit, but like Hana Hanger said it's not for everyone. On the upside, next time a hanger starts telling you to get off the ground you can honestly tell them that you've tried it, now they should leave you alone! :D

Happy tenting; it still beats the couch!

Dang that tarp is making the rounds like Cannibal's UQ, Harlot.
Grizz

Maybe if we leave them in the woods together they will make little hammocks. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tobit
02-04-2008, 08:30
Happy tenting; it still beats the couch!
Happy tarping, tents are for wussies. :D

- JT

Cannibal
02-04-2008, 08:38
Happy tarping, tents are for wussies. :D

- JT

Excellent point!

hangnout
02-04-2008, 17:44
Maybe if we leave them in the woods together they will make little hammocks. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you think it will work I will send the tarp, I just want pick of the litter!:D

Coffee
02-04-2008, 18:11
If it makes you feel any better, I am eyeing tent/tarps for ground use for an upcoming trip. Probibly either the ray-way tarp or a tarptent.

rasputen
02-04-2008, 18:20
I want first dibs on HE's hammock gear when he coverts to a ground dweller!:D

SuperTroll
02-04-2008, 20:15
When a hammock clings, try a model that has side tieouts or utilizes a bridge to keep the sides from closing in......

I love my Hennessey, but Hate the ENO (not a quality thing it's a "claustrophobic" thing...)

Coffee
02-04-2008, 21:45

Dibs?:eek:

I am eyeing some trails out west for next year if I can swing it. Not too many trees in the desert.

Cannibal
02-05-2008, 09:08

Never gonna happen. He might go sow his wild oats, but he'll always come home again when he's done playing in deserts. Be cool to hang between two of those really big cactus. Might be hell on the webbing, but it'd be cooooool. :cool: