PDA

View Full Version : Camo Tarp

1stoffoot
02-04-2008, 13:46
Just bought a camo tarp from Tom for my HHED as I needed a bigger cover and DPM (CAMO) :)

Now....

I ordered it on 27th Jan, Tom replied on same day, was dispatched from Thailand on the 30th and arrived today (4th)..

Thats what I call service people.....:) :) :)

As stated above about a camo and larger tarp, I was out on exercise in rather “unpleasant weather " the other weekend, unfortunately that was really the first test of the HH tarp for me and it let me down.:( Tried many things to keep hammock dry but ended up using my DPM basha to cover up the areas that was getting wet :mad: :mad: :mad: and just incase put my maggot (sleeping bag) in my gortex bivi bag ( thank god for British kit;) ) . Some of my troops were well impressed with the hammock idea, but had a good laugh with having to “mod” the hammock overnight (I was not a happy bunny:mad: :mad: )

Anyway, camo tarp is attached to hammock and I’ve binned the HH tarp. Point to note here, the claytor goes in the snake skins better and there’s loads more cover. So I think I’ll have the last laugh in a couple of weeks when they see this new tarp….;)

I’d just like to say thanks to NEO first, he guided me to the claytor hammocks and Tom C for such a great product.

All the best.:D

1st of foot

p.s. Do you think i`ve over done it on the smilies??? lol

NCPatrick
02-04-2008, 14:43
Glad your smilies outnumber your frownies...