PDA

View Full Version : Win...win on the Incubator!

Miguel
03-28-2011, 14:36
I saved well over a pound in weight and a substantial addition of space in my pack with the new 3 Season Incubator from Stormcrow. The red UQ is my old home made synthetic and the smaller one is the Incubator. I did a backyard test today at 30 degrees and was nothing short of toasty. It arrived in two weeks, just in time for my eight day trip starting next week in upstate PA. For those familiar with the hikes, we'll be doing the Old Logger's Path near Rock Run and parts of the Susquehannock Trail. Thanks Hammockgear for a great product and quick service.

Miguel

PS: It's also much warmer so I guess it's a win...win...win!

whayneneal
03-28-2011, 14:49
Excellent choice. It will serve you well.

Bomber
03-28-2011, 15:13
Know the feeling... I have developed a crush on my winter incubator:boggle:(please dont tell the missus or i am in deep trouble:o);)

Edit: Nearly forgot: congrats on your new toy:)

jeroldharter
03-28-2011, 15:22
I am waiting on my 3-season incubator with 2 oz of overfill and a 3-season top quilt. Can't wait to get it and try it out.

Did you use that with a Warbonnet Blackbird? How did that fit? I will have a WBBB 1.0 double and a Hennessy Hammock Explorer with 2QZQ mod to use.

Miguel
03-28-2011, 16:31
I am waiting on my 3-season incubator with 2 oz of overfill and a 3-season top quilt. Can't wait to get it and try it out.

Did you use that with a Warbonnet Blackbird? How did that fit? I will have a WBBB 1.0 double and a Hennessy Hammock Explorer with 2QZQ mod to use.

Yes..in fact I too have a BB 1.0 double and I thought it fit quite well. I really like the idea you can slide it front to back without untieing anything. I also like the way it attaches to the ends of the hammock...it's a very simple but effective system. It was thirty degrees when I tested it and I found it VERY warm. Frankly, I'm thrilled with it. I'd like to either make or buy some sort of top weathershield for it so I could use it year round. I predict you're going to very happy with it.