PDA

View Full Version : new quilts

Big Papi
04-03-2011, 16:19
got my new quilts from paul yesterday! upon inspection, they look awesome! cant wait to try them out. as always, paul, your reputation is well earned.

rip waverly
04-13-2011, 02:36
Dude , let me know how you like em! I'm thinking of picking up some of his synth line for moist pnw

Big Papi
04-13-2011, 08:54
tried them out on backyard hang, wife sure loved them. I will be going to Mt rogers VA the last weekend of the month. I will test them then and report back. As damp as spring and fall are here in ohio, i though a set of synthetics might be nice. Upon inspection, quality seems great, they seem warm so far, but let me test them out on the mountain.

Hows the PNW treating you?

Law Dawg (ret)
04-13-2011, 10:21
What quilts did you get? Inquiring minds and all...;)

Big Papi
04-13-2011, 11:59
oh, I got AHE's 3 season set. I think its the new river and the owyahee (spelling?) Both in xtra long and extra wide for us big boy types.

Law Dawg (ret)
04-14-2011, 09:50
Like my NR alot...good choice! XL XW eh? Might need to check out an Oyahee (sp?:confused:) or Flame Thrower for summer if it can be made longer...who knew? Dang this stuff is addictive...

Now you need to set up your rigs and give us a pic fashion show. :D

Big Papi
04-14-2011, 10:35
i am going out in 2 weeks, will take lots of pics of rig/gear for yall. you can see how us fat midwesterners hang! :)

rip waverly
04-16-2011, 15:48
tried them out on backyard hang, wife sure loved them. I will be going to Mt rogers VA the last weekend of the month. I will test them then and report back. As damp as spring and fall are here in ohio, i though a set of synthetics might be nice. Upon inspection, quality seems great, they seem warm so far, but let me test them out on the mountain.

Hows the PNW treating you?

cool. can't wait to here how they field perform. rogers is beautiful.

well, its damp & wet out here. a synthetic quilt might be necessary for the 3 rainy seasons i'll be seeing. the landscape is utterly gorgeous though. making my first trip out to salmon river canyon in may.

are pauls quilts reversible?- i.e. can they be used with either side on the outside?

hope the meat cart is doing well!!!