PDA

View Full Version : my new bdl nest

lugnut
04-07-2011, 18:59
New hammock with homemade whoopie slings. I like the extra room so far. The orange seems to attract bugs lol

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i315/lugnut_2006/IMG_20110407_184253.jpg

lizzie
04-08-2011, 00:57
I like the burnt orange. Mine is blue because the site I ordered from was out, but I like the orange better.

lugnut
04-08-2011, 18:01
i do to, my other is black and tan. as soon as i opened that bright orange in my back yard; all these little bugs flew over and lit on it. i guess it looks like a flower to them LOL

ricecg
04-09-2011, 20:23
How did the homemade whoopie slings work on it...

lugnut
04-10-2011, 21:48
very good, i now have whoopies on both my ENO's. it's a huge improvment over the slap straps that i was using

AppalachianHammock
04-17-2011, 22:33
I just got a double nest a few days ago and spent 3 nights in it last weekend. Mine is special, its tan, blue, and orange. I am currently using 2 10" pieces of webbing with a loop sewed on the end for my suspenstion. I just tie a simple knot (Idk knot names) that you can put the biner though, and it self tightens when weight is applied, and as soon as you take the biner out of the knot, it "dissolves" or pulls itself out. Why do you guys seem to like the whoopie slings, since they seem more complicated, since you have to mess with the toggles and such?

Bubba
04-17-2011, 22:58
...Why do you guys seem to like the whoopie slings, since they seem more complicated, since you have to mess with the toggles and such?

Whoopie slings are actually quite simple to use, fun to make, cool to hang from something so thin yet so strong. They also reduce bulk and weight for the gram conscious backpacker.

SpaceCadet
04-19-2011, 16:11
I don't use toggles. I go from the end of the whoopie sling to a Dutch Biner which uses a continuous loop to hook into the loop on the tree webbing. No toggle, spike hitch or knot tying needed.

pellet gun
06-23-2011, 20:37
what is the weight difference w/ ENO DN attaching whoopy's in place of what comes on it??

Southernfan6885
06-24-2011, 03:26
Why do you guys seem to like the whoopie slings, since they seem more complicated, since you have to mess with the toggles and such?

Personally, I like the ease of adjustment with whoopies. With the crapstraps, I would get them just right, but when I sat in the hammock, they tightened up and I sank. Therefore, finding the perfect length for my suspension was nearly impossible. With the whoopies, I can slide them up or down to get the perfect length, and there's no (or not NEARLY as much) tightening and sinking when I sit down.

Southernfan6885
06-24-2011, 03:30
what is the weight difference w/ ENO DN attaching whoopy's in place of what comes on it??

I just switched my stock ropes and biners with whoopies last week, and the old stuff is still laying in the living room. I'll bust out the scales tomorrow and let you know, PG.

Boomer
06-24-2011, 20:55
The whoopies are much lighter than the ENO straps & steel biners. I put a poly strap around a tree and biner the whoopie loop to the ends. Much longer adjustablility and no sag.