PDA

View Full Version : New Quilts!

Sidewinder
04-08-2011, 13:08
Got my Summer set Incubator and Burrow yesterday! So light and fluffy...Can't wait to try them tonight. Temps to 39degrees, should be perfect for testing.

Thanks so much Adam and Jenny for putting up with all my questions and order changes. It has been a pleasure dealing with you!

~S~

dragon360
04-08-2011, 13:22
Fantastic group there at Hammock Gear.

Yukon
04-08-2011, 13:23
Got my Summer set Incubator and Burrow yesterday! So light and fluffy...Can't wait to try them tonight. Temps to 39degrees, should be perfect for testing.

Thanks so much Adam and Jenny for putting up with all my questions and order changes. It has been a pleasure dealing with you!

~S~

Congrats! Got my custom 3 season Burrow today as well :)

Mindwalk
04-08-2011, 13:31
Got my 3S Burrow earlier this week too. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, except in my recliner. Love it, but I really need to find a spot to hang my hammock in or around my house :(

Sidewinder
04-09-2011, 13:29
Got to try out the set last night. I am a cold sleeper and the summer incubator/burrow got me down to 38 degrees before I felt cold spots on my low back and butt. I slipped a space blanket between the UQ and the hammock sometime in the middle of the night and was able to get me through till morning. When I was breaking down this morning I noticed that there were some uneven spots where there was little down. Next time I will pay more attention to this and try to even out the distribution. Since this is my summer UQ I am happy with it's performance. I wanted to get something close to a pound that would get me to the low 40's.

The burrow was a dream. Kept my top side warm all night. I think I could have gone lower perhaps by another 10 degrees if the UQ was keeping pace. I really like the draw cord/snap closure on the top of the quilt. What a great feature! Snap it closed, duck my head in and synch tight. It did a fantastic job of sealing all those spots where cold air leaks in by your neck.

Overall I am pleased with my first night with my hammockgear quilts. Like anything with hammocks, I look forward to learning, experimenting and dialing in this gear.

~S~

Fronkey
04-09-2011, 14:05
Awesome dude! Happy to see everything worked out so well with your new toys.

Fronkey

exup
04-09-2011, 21:47
Lucky you! Thanks for the test report. I can't wait to get me a summer set.