PDA

View Full Version : 2QZQ CRASH !!....computer that is.

2Questions
04-10-2011, 18:28
Today we suffered a computer crash. The geeks have the computer and hopefully we won't lose too much data. We have the most important stuff on backup drives but may be a little slow responding to new orders until we get everything stabilized. We may be contacting some to verify the order. What a fun day...:(

Rug
04-10-2011, 19:20
If you need any suggestions/advice/feedback or second opinions, post it here or email me. I will be happy to help.

2Questions
04-10-2011, 19:36
If you need any suggestions/advice/feedback or second opinions, post it here or email me. I will be happy to help.

Thanks....hopefully things will work out OK.

Dutch
04-10-2011, 19:37
You shouldn't scare me like that.

zukiguy
04-10-2011, 20:20
My zipper mod is still in the queue, right?? At least you can still get on HF :D

2Questions
04-10-2011, 21:14
My zipper mod is still in the queue, right?? At least you can still get on HF :D

ZQ here...all finished and will be shipped tomorrow!!:) I had to go back and look through my papers(I'm still old school, and actually keep paper copies of certain things) and find your address from your previous order! We are currently using Tim's very old laptop...not fun, but we can access HF and our e-mail through our ISP's website.

2Questions
04-10-2011, 21:22
"Current Orders???"

We had our order list saved on our external hard drive, so I have that...but all correspondence is in our e-mail and not saved. Hopefully they can be recovered by the Geek Squad. I always verify orders and address with the orginal order form, and I can't access those right now. If I have any doubts, I will contact those customers. I have most of our customers contact info on my paper copies or their PayPal e-mail addresses.

Thanks for everyone's patience!! ZQ

exup
04-10-2011, 22:05
Wow what a bummer. Hope things work out 2q and zq.

Wags
04-11-2011, 00:37
when you say "crash" what do you mean?

JohnSawyer
04-11-2011, 00:46
If the "Geek Squad" can't get it back, let me know. I have a few tools that have saved a number of my client's bacon after a semi-catastrophic drive failure. Don't let them rebuild your computer with that drive, have them save it in-tact, and then copy the data. I've seen too many people just reimage a system and lose their data...

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those that have lost data and those that will...

2Questions
04-11-2011, 04:35
when you say "crash" what do you mean?
Hard drive failure.

If the "Geek Squad" can't get it back, let me know. I have a few tools that have saved a number of my client's bacon after a semi-catastrophic drive failure. Don't let them rebuild your computer with that drive, have them save it in-tact, and then copy the data. I've seen too many people just reimage a system and lose their data...

There are two kinds of people in this world: Those that have lost data and those that will...

Yes, that's what we are doing. We want a new drive for sure. Drives are fairly inexpensive to consider reusing it. Thanks.

Can't Wait
04-11-2011, 06:23
Sorry to hear your bad luck, But on a better Note tell Donna the door mod on my superfly and the Breathable UQ protector preformed flawlessly this weekend . The UQ Protector blocked heavy wind and I was warm almost to warm at times. Great work guys.

JaxHiker
04-11-2011, 14:28
Computers suck. I was up until 1:30 this morning trying to get one back on its feet after a power supply and motherboard failure. I'm having a heck of a time finding drivers.

Backup, backup, backup. And then backup again. And don't forget to TEST those backups. I've seen more than one client bit in the a double s by relying on untested backups that wouldn't restore properly when they needed them too.

Make multiple backups. Drives are cheap. If your data is important backup to multiple drives and archive to DVD.

daveinoh
04-20-2011, 11:59
Sorry you had to go through all that, I feel your pain. I lost a drive once while backing up a client's wedding shots! Not good, lessons learned.

Looking forward to getting my modded hammock back, but absolutely no hurry, I am not pressed for time!

2Questions
04-20-2011, 13:11
We have our customer list back now. We were able to recover it off of our external hard drive we use to back up everything. We are working off of a new laptop we purchased while waiting for the desk top to be fixed. I am still playing catch up with my schedule....not going as fast as I had hoped. We are able to continue to receive orders. Thanks for everyone's patience. ZQ

Tiger Rag
05-11-2011, 08:26
How is the progress now? Looks like your website is still down.

2Questions
05-11-2011, 08:28
How is the progress now? Looks like your website is still down.

Our computer problems are fixed. Thanks for asking. Our website has never been down. I'm not sure what you are finding with our site. Please check again, and let me know what you find.
Thanks, Donna

Syb
05-11-2011, 08:29
Just checked Donna and the site is functioning fine.

2Questions
05-11-2011, 08:30
Thanks Syb!

Tiger Rag
05-11-2011, 09:05
Maybe I have it bookmarked wrong but I'm getting "page not found". I'll google it and see if I get a different link.

2Questions
05-11-2011, 09:07
Maybe I have it bookmarked wrong but I'm getting "page not found". I'll google it and see if I get a different link.

The web site is 2qzqhammockhanger.com. You can also click on the link below. Thanks.

Tiger Rag
05-11-2011, 09:08
Our computer problems are fixed. Thanks for asking. Our website has never been down. I'm not sure what you are finding with our site. Please check again, and let me know what you find.
Thanks, Donna

Well, I didn't google it, I just clicked on your link in your signature and it worked fine. I resaved the link as a favorite. Hopefully no more issues. Seems to work off of the favorite menu in my computer now. Sorry for the fire drill.

2Questions
05-11-2011, 09:09
Well, I didn't google it, I just clicked on your link in your signature and it worked fine. I resaved the link as a favorite. Hopefully no more issues. Seems to work off of the favorite menu in my computer now. Sorry for the fire drill.

No problem!! Glad it is working for you now!

Wags
05-14-2011, 17:07
i'm still curious about the warmth offered from the underquilt protector. i'd love if i could get away with it for my summer UQ :D

2Questions
05-14-2011, 18:18
i'm still curious about the warmth offered from the underquilt protector. i'd love if i could get away with it for my summer UQ :D

The UQP of itself doesn't offer any warmth, but helps keep some heat from being lost in a UQ from wind driven cooler air. It's like putting on a light jacket when its windy. If you lose heat from your UQ, your body has to reheat it to feel warm. The breathable UQP also helps keeps the UQ clean without condensation issues as a waterproof one would.

NewtonGT
05-14-2011, 20:08
is there a way to have the UQ protector with holes on each side to be able to run the hennessy guylines or whatever throught the protector so it will fit snug like the hennessy undercover

2Questions
05-14-2011, 20:28
is there a way to have the UQ protector with holes on each side to be able to run the hennessy guylines or whatever throught the protector so it will fit snug like the hennessy undercover

I don't use my side tie outs so I don't worry about that. You can make access holes at the right spot for tie outs and it would achieve what you want. The elastic in the sides will pull up to keep things tight.

Wags
05-14-2011, 23:59
well that wind driven cool air is usually the culprit aroudn these parts in june-august. i still need to think about it. i want to say it will work.

2Questions
05-15-2011, 06:06
well that wind driven cool air is usually the culprit aroudn these parts in june-august. i still need to think about it. i want to say it will work.

I'll experiment as well with one but think it will need to be cut down to half the width. The UQP is made to cover a full size UQ. I'll report on how it works this summer by itself. BTW, I could also insert a jacket to add some R value if needed.

Wags
05-15-2011, 10:00
hmmm. a 3/4 UQP...

2Q in the summertime (which, unfortunately is when i have the most free time to backpack) it really is only my torso that gets cold underneath. and it's usually on a thunderstormy night where the wind is kind of whipping around.