PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: JRB having sale on full setup

HappyCamper
02-17-2008, 09:54
If anyone is interested in a full hammock setup that includes a bridge hammock, top quilt, underquilt, large tarp, etc. the Jacks are having a sale on their website.

Just an FYI from a big-time JRB fan. :D

FanaticFringer
02-17-2008, 10:02
I saw that yesterday. Good deal.
www.jacksrbetter.com/Complete%20Set%20Special.htm

BurningCedar
02-17-2008, 10:05
If you were thinking about getting a JRB BMBH AND you also needed quilts and tarps, then right now might be the time to do it.

They've got a complete 3-season system on sale right now. Hammock, 10x11 tarp, Hudson River quilt, No Snivler quilt and all the needed accessories for $593.95.

Although still a lot of cash, that's a huge savings over the regular price. I was already planning to pick up a couple of quilts to go with my Nest at their upcoming annual Trail Days Sale. Now for just a little more money I get the quilts I wanted anyway plus the hammock, tarp, and accessories. Sweet! :D

The sale is limited to the first six buyers -- now its five since I got one. Here's the link: Complete Three Season Hammock Special (http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Complete%20Set%20Special.htm)

FanaticFringer
02-17-2008, 10:08
If you were thinking about getting a JRB BMBH AND you also needed quilts and tarps, then right now might be the time to do it.

They've got a complete 3-season system on sale right now. Hammock, 10x11 tarp, Hudson River quilt, No Snivler quilt and all the needed accessories for $593.95.

Although still a lot of cash, that's a huge savings over the regular price. I was already planning to pick up a couple of quilts to go with my Nest at their upcoming annual Trail Days Sale. Now for just a little more money I get the quilts I wanted anyway plus the hammock, tarp, and accessories. Sweet! :D

The sale is limited to the first six buyers -- now its five since I got one. Here's the link: Complete Three Season Hammock Special (http://www.jacksrbeacke.com/Complete%20Set%20Special.htm)

Congrats on your new set-up. Let us know how you like it.
I have all those items except I have the Nest instead of a Hudson river.

headchange4u
02-17-2008, 10:31
That's a heck of a deal.

Coldspring
02-17-2008, 15:54
Will those regular size quilts comfortably accommodate individuals up to 6'3" and 225 lbs?

FanaticFringer
02-17-2008, 16:09
Will those regular size quilts comfortably accommodate individuals up to 6'3" and 225 lbs?

On the JRB website. it says the long version of both the Hudson river and No Sniveller are recommended for individuals over 5' 10"

Peter_pan
02-17-2008, 21:42

As a UQ either will accomodate.... as a top quilt the limit is 5-10.

Pan

BurningCedar
02-18-2008, 18:58
:) :) :) Eeeeee!!! I'm so excited. I just got the email saying its on the way!

Thanks for shipping so quickly Pan. You got it taken care of in SPITE of my "internet challenges".

ryaex
03-04-2008, 19:53
I just ordered the set over the weekend as well. I've already got a HH Explorer but thought the bridge looks promising. I was on the fence for a while about ordering a quilt from them and this set at this price was too good to pass up.
(good way to stimulate the economy hey, at just the right price point that I won't even miss the money. Those Jacks sure are sharp)

Anyways, I can't wait to get my hands on this stuff. The weather is crappy here so I'll probably be hanging in the garage this weekend if I get it in time.

Ryan

ryaex
03-07-2008, 10:57
Got my set in the mail yesterday and WOW!!!!

The first thing I noticed when I picked up the box (which contained the 2 quilts, the JRB bridge hammock, the cat cut tarp, the self tensioning lines, and the JRB suspension system) was how light the box was. I thought to myself that surely something was missing. Nothing was.

After opening the box and inspecting everything like a giddy child on christmas morning, I must say the quality of everything they sent is ABSOLUTELY top notch. The hammock, the quilts, everything all have perfect stitches. All hems are straight with no zigs or zags and no loose threads.

Thank you Jack's. I was in need of the quilts anyway and that price I just couldn't pass up the deal.

HappyCamper
03-07-2008, 11:13
Excellent! What's the weight of the setup you got? (Can't help myself.)

ryaex
03-07-2008, 13:43
Don't have a scale handy so not entirely sure. I'm not a super gram weenie but I try to buy light just for comforts sake. I'll probably pick one up this weekend and then I can weight my whole setup.

Coldspring
03-07-2008, 14:39
As long as you're not a big guy, it's quite a deal. If you aren't happy with the Bridge, you haven't saved quite as much.

Peter_pan
03-07-2008, 15:14
Excellent! What's the weight of the setup you got? (Can't help myself.)

HC, Ryaex,

Since Ryaex does not have a handy scale Here is you weight answer. 19 oz HR, 20 oz NS, 33 oz BMBH, 18 oz 11x10, 3 oz T& STL Set, 1oz SS, 4 oz 8 alum "y" pegs, 2 oz two CS... Total 100 oz.

Pan

ryaex
03-07-2008, 19:07
6 1/4 lbs seems pretty good to me. Escpecially when you consider the flexibility this setup gives you. Jack and Jack have obviously put in a lot of time and energy to make a product that is as light as can possibly be without sacrificing durability (read: safety).

I haven't got in the hammock yet, weather is crappy right now, but we'll see how it fits me. I'm 5'11" and not quite 200lbs so I'm not a giant but not a small guy by any means. I'm fairly broad shouldered buy I'm a habitual side sleeper and the HH just isn't very comfortable for me to sleep on my side so I'm hoping the BMBH gives me that ability.

FanaticFringer
03-07-2008, 19:44
6 1/4 lbs seems pretty good to me. Escpecially when you consider the flexibility this setup gives you. Jack and Jack have obviously put in a lot of time and energy to make a product that is as light as can possibly be without sacrificing durability (read: safety).

I haven't got in the hammock yet, weather is crappy right now, but we'll see how it fits me. I'm 5'11" and not quite 200lbs so I'm not a giant but not a small guy by any means. I'm fairly broad shouldered buy I'm a habitual side sleeper and the HH just isn't very comfortable for me to sleep on my side so I'm hoping the BMBH gives me that ability.

Give sleeping on your back a shot with this hammock. Arms across the chest/abdomen like in this picture. www.jacksrbetter.com/index_files/BMBH-Gear%20Pocket.jpg
I'm a side sleeper also and have never slept on my back anywhere until I got this hammock. More comfortable than on my side IMO.
Let us know how you like it.

Doctari
03-08-2008, 09:22

I'm 5'7" 200+ Lbs, the prototype BMBH was way wide enough for me! H.E. is 6' & the BMBH was long enough. So you should fit quite nicely :D

Congrtulations on a great set up. Wish I had the money, , , & the need for.