PDA

View Full Version : MacCat Standard Dimensions ?

Can't Wait
04-20-2011, 12:45
Got my MatCat Standard the other day and decided to measure it now the description at OES says ridge line 125" I get 118" is that normal I got less on the side but think I measured wrong I was measuring width and length Is the other dimension the bottom length. Thanks this MacCut is confusing.

Bubba
04-20-2011, 13:13
Measure it under tension when it is set up. That may account for some of the difference.

OutandBack
04-20-2011, 13:17
Measure it under tension when it is set up. That may account for some of the difference.

Your not going to get 7" of stretch in the RL by pulling it tight.
Maybe the 125" is not the finished measurement?

Bubba
04-20-2011, 13:19
Your not going to get 7" of stretch in the RL by pulling it tight.
Maybe the 125" is not the finished measurement?

I said some of the difference. I didn't think it would stretch 7 inches but it will stretch a little anyways. Just brainstorming is all.

Can't Wait
04-20-2011, 13:34
Ok I went out and strung under tension and was a difference when I initaly measure it I had it lying on floor and it was nowhere close to it but hung under tension it is where it needs to be . I was wrong with my measurement on ridge line. But can someone tell me where the other measurement comes into play the 84" Thanks

OutandBack
04-20-2011, 13:43
Ok I went out and strung under tension and was a difference when I initaly measure it I had it lying on floor and it was nowhere close to it but hung under tension it is where it needs to be . I was wrong with my measurement on ridge line. But can someone tell me where the other measurement comes into play the 84" Thanks

@ Jim, With it under tension would the 84" be from(same end) corner D ring to Corner D ring?

Can't Wait
04-20-2011, 20:02
@ Jim, With it under tension would the 84" be from(same end) corner D ring to Corner D ring?

I will have to string it again and check.

G.L.P.
04-20-2011, 20:16

if i remember yes....
you don't count the cat cut in the tarp i always measure from one tie out to another ......

the Standard is not a big tarp don't forget it's made to be small.. its' not much bigger then the Micro ... it should just fit over your WBBB will alittle room to spare.. the Micro just fits over the WBBB

the standard is a nice 3 season tarp i'm thinking of getting one myself .. that or the WB Asym tarp

Can't Wait
04-20-2011, 20:58
if i remember yes....
you don't count the cat cut in the tarp i always measure from one tie out to another ......

the Standard is not a big tarp don't forget it's made to be small.. its' not much bigger then the Micro ... it should just fit over your WBBB will alittle room to spare.. the Micro just fits over the WBBB

the standard is a nice 3 season tarp i'm thinking of getting one myself .. that or the WB Asym tarp

Ya I wasn't sure if the dimmension are length and width ie 6x10