PDA

View Full Version : Got my New River UQ !!!

SkyPainter
05-09-2011, 09:55
Did a quick Stealth hang at a local pond I enjoy, which has great trees, and great fishing! :D

I got my new WBBB and my new AHE New River UQ about the same time, and tried them both this weekend.

A perfect match. No kidding! Perfect!

The UQ was very, very easy to attach, and the end adjustments make it easy to snug-up properly. The extra tie up/out tabs down the sides are very handy, but I did not need to the set the UQ properly under the BlackBird.

I couldn't be happier with either the hammock, or the New River UQ!

Some pics - click to enlarge:

22035 Fully rigged, sans tarp

22036 Kit - for scale - hammock, tarp, and UQ

22038 Idyllic spot to hang!

22039 Great trees!!

The items from BOTH of our "cottage industry" guys were superb in craftsmanship! We are very lucky to have both Paul and Brandon (and all the others!) helping us advance the art of hammocking, and for providing the exceptional quality we have access to with our gear. :boggle::boggle:

sparkyjim
05-13-2011, 18:45
Congrats! Nice hang going there. I've been mentally masturbating which UQ to buy. Everytime I think I have it figured out.......I read more reviews and get all confused again. But, like you, I will purchase from our "cottage industry".

Veto 65
05-21-2011, 07:39
I got mine back in march, I saw the stuff sack and thought, I'm going to stuff it back in there? I like the warmth, down to about 25° F and lower with a ccf pad.

I have all synthetic gear because my down got wet once ( miserable time). I don't think I will be going out in the cold like that again so this UQ will be more that enough.