PDA

View Full Version : Intrest in Line Lock Buckle

pgibson
05-11-2011, 17:16
There is a thread going over at BPL's DIY section for some folks looking to get the Nexus Line Lock3 Buckle.
http://na.itwnexus.com/sites/default/files/35%20World%20SR%20LineLoc%203_0005_Layer%2080.jpg

Sorry for the HUGE picture, it's linked strait from Nexus.

It's a very similar piece of gear to the Line Lock3 that we have been stocking but with a side release buckle built in. The Rub is that Nexus has a 12 week lead time and minimum order of 2000 pieces. I have offered to try and help get them in as I can get a decent price of .55 each buckle.

I am checking to see if there is further interest in some from the DIY community here at HF. If we can get enough folks interested I would be taking some of them for inventory for our DIY gear section at AHE. Word has it that some pack makers are using these for light weight options on packs for things like the lid pocket connection as the 2.5 - 3 mm cord that would go in place of the normal webbing for the adjustment side is much lighter. The fixed side is sized for 1/2" webbing.

This is not any sort of group buy but more an inquiry of interest for me to order them in for sale at AHE.

hangnout
05-11-2011, 18:15
I would buy some if you stocked them. I could not find them when I made my last pack

Jsaults
05-11-2011, 18:40
for my three tarps, but geez, 5000 minimum? I would buy some (10?) just to play with, but it seems to me that the LL3s work just fine. Don't know what I would use the buckles for..

Jim

BrianWillan
05-11-2011, 21:19
My imagination is a little lacking this evening. Getting reading to head off to the Ontario Spring Hang tomorrow. What application would you see these having in a hammock/tarp setup?

Cheers

Brian