PDA

View Full Version : No rope, just biner?

05-14-2011, 16:40
Just got some black diamond biners that I used to replace the anchors on my dn, and was winding if I took the rope of altogether and ran the biners in the ends if there would be any issues, or should I just wait til I upgrade the whole thing?

Bubba
05-14-2011, 17:37
Do you mean feeding the biners through the end channels? No problem doing that. The ENO Pronests come that way.

05-14-2011, 18:05
i saw that, i guess my concern was it being a double and having more material.

and on a stupid note, i got those biners in the mail today from amazon, and dang if im not stoked on something thats so simple and small, yet can hold so much! im easily amused.

tanker0707
05-15-2011, 17:26
Just make sure the carabiners do not cross-load and you should be fine. The direction of the pull needs to be down the spine of the carabiner, not perpendicular to the spine (pulling on the gate).

shlabbo
05-19-2011, 14:09
I use carabiners through the channel ends on my double without issues. Just maker sure they are the oval ones, you will need the extra space.

Carolina Razorback
09-21-2011, 09:17
Just make sure the carabiners do not cross-load and you should be fine. The direction of the pull needs to be down the spine of the carabiner, not perpendicular to the spine (pulling on the gate).

they can only be one direction if i am thinking right. how is possible to cross load?

FLRider
09-21-2011, 09:34
they can only be one direction if i am thinking right. how is possible to cross load?

See stupid ASCII graphic below:

Where
* = 'Biner body
and
- = Gate

If the load is horizontal in this graphic, it's correct. If it's vertical in this graphic, it's pulling on the gate and Bad Things(tm) happen.