PDA

View Full Version : silnylon leaking?

NewtonGT
05-17-2011, 20:33
im pretty sure on going with the maccat deluxe but i read about someones tarp misting. and ive seen online about some silnylon dripping some. is this just like the tent rule about not touching it or it will sink through the material or does silnylon sometimes let moisture through? just a question. trying to get to know the product

and just for the record ive heard nothing but great things about oes products :D

G.L.P.
05-17-2011, 20:46
i never had a tarp mist... i think alot of this misting ppl see is from water or Mist getting under the tarp or in from the sides ...
Brian stands by his product 100% and his quality is 2nd to none
there is no need for pudding ;)

you have nothing to worry about go order a OES tarp you will love it

by the way i have a Micro and it's my 3 season tarp and i love it...i also had a Deluxe and loved it ..it was just too much tarp for my needs

NewtonGT
05-17-2011, 20:49
i never had a tarp mist... i think alot of this misting ppl see is from water or Mist getting under the tarp or in from the sides ...
Brian stands by his product 100% and his quality is 2nd to none
there is no need for pudding ;)

you have nothing to worry about go order a OES tarp you will love it

by the way i have a Micro and it's my 3 season tarp and i love it...i also had a Deluxe and loved it ..it was just too much tarp for my needs

haha thankyou. i think it was another company making the misty tarp. but i was mainly wondering about silnylon in general. I understand now haha

nacra533
05-17-2011, 20:53
Some sil nylon will mist in a driving rain. Not mist under it, but the rain drives the moisture through the tarp. Happened to me. I posted about it in my DIY diamond trap review. Some speculated that it might be due to a cheap sil nylon product, mine was seconds. Others also have experienced it using sil from different sources. This is by no means a comment on any supplier or manufacturer.

It's not like an old canvas tent that leaks if you touch it. you can touch it all you want.

vitamaltz
05-17-2011, 20:55
I started the misting tarp thread, and I talked with OES Brian about this very issue a few days ago. He said he's rarely, if ever, had a report of that happening with one of his. He's pretty careful about the quality of his supplies. Besides, my tarp of more dubious origin didn't start misting until something like the 300th night up. I'd say I got my money's worth before having to sil-coat it.

NewtonGT
05-17-2011, 21:00
goodlord. id be proud to say id taken anything to 300 nights. I hear ya man. i know he makes a great product