PDA

View Full Version : REI Sale on ENO Doublenest

herbalist
05-20-2011, 15:32
REI has ENO DoubleNest hammocks on sale for $44.99 with free shipping for members. The sale ends May 30. Just had to get one--to keep my WBBB, Traveler, and Brazilian company, I guess. It's going to get Whoopies first thing.

It's only a hobby.......

wyleone
05-20-2011, 20:15
I saw that. I just bought my Double nest from Alabama outdoors. I paid $45 with tax. So I don't feel bad at all. Too bad they don't have the rain flies on sale too!:rolleyes:

05-21-2011, 12:50
just bought 2 more, one for my casual use/spare and one for old lady. now (after only having one for 2 weeks) i have 5 hammocks...none "wonderful" but hey...

2 GT ul's
3 Eno DN

dang...

DirtyJoe
05-25-2011, 22:26
I just went and picked one up with pro slapstraps (also on sale) today and hung out in my yard after I got home. First hammock, so it took me a few times bouncing my rear off the ground to get the lay sort of right, but really enjoyed it. My neighbors were even asking about it, haha.

SpaceCadet
05-26-2011, 07:47
Good thing the crapstraps were on sale, you didn't waste too much money. :lol: You're gonna want to get yourself a set of polyester tree straps and some whoopie slings. Much better than crapstraps.

I just went and picked one up with pro slapstraps (also on sale)...

wyleone
05-26-2011, 10:12
Since the Slapstraps are on sale too, I wonder if ENO reads here?
We will see if they suddenly update them to poly soon.:rolleyes:

I'm glad I did my homework before buying, I didn't buy the Slapstraps when I bought my hammock and fly. The salesman looked confused when I said I have it covered.;)

Thanks again guys...Saved me a $20 spot. I plan to pay it back....:thumbup:

shiftyer1
05-26-2011, 14:57
My doublenest should arrive tomorrow :)

05-27-2011, 14:39
mine just got here, after an odd turn of events. i ordered 2 sunday, supposed to have been here on the 25th, never showed up and tracking doesnt say where they are, so REI overnighted the pair last night and i just got them. awesome.

EDIT: so i ordered the charcoal/red color, turns out its not like the pic. its a red main and black border, unlike the pic which is black main and red border panels. great....at least i wont get shot at...

WV
05-27-2011, 14:56
Since the Slapstraps are on sale too, I wonder if ENO reads here? If they did, they would have changed them by now. Slapstraps have been criticized here for a long time.
We will see if they suddenly update them to poly soon.:rolleyes:
Maybe they figure first-time buyers aren't likely to know the difference, and they can make more money with what they're offering now.

I'm glad I did my homework before buying, I didn't buy the Slapstraps when I bought my hammock and fly. The salesman looked confused when I said I have it covered.;) You were smart.:)

Thanks again guys...Saved me a $20 spot. I plan to pay it back....:thumbup: Thanks! (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/payments.php)(That's a link. ;))

And, you're welcome!:D

wyleone
05-27-2011, 17:44
Yup, That is the plan...I had to get paid first...LOL

Randy
05-27-2011, 20:21
I had to go to Rei to see this wonderful sale.....Oh
man they had an and Eddie Bauer ---- Black and Tan..sure was pretty though as I left it on The shelf....But 44.00 is a good deal.....it was either the hammock or save the money for my Hammocks Annonymous class tonight, my fees are due.

SpaceCadet
05-29-2011, 16:34
I was at REI gearing up for the NE Alabama Walls of Jericho hang, and I see a guy buying a DN and Slapstraps. I told him to come to the forums and look into whoopie slings. He already heard the Slapstraps stretch, buy need them for this weekend.
Then I'm walking around, killing time, waiting on the girlfriend, when I see another gentleman eyeing the DN bin. "I love mine." I say to the guy "I lay in it everyday!"
"Oh yeah?" he replys, "What do you know of other hammocks? Ever heard of a Warbonnet?"
"You've got to be on the forums." I exclaim.
It was none other than GrizzlyHackle himself. It made my day, running into a forum member in person. We chatted for a bit. He even offered to let m try out his WBBB one day. If someone at the hang this coming weekend doesn't let me, I'm taking him up on that offer.

GrizzlyHackle
05-29-2011, 20:35
SpaceCadet it was good meeting you too. Just let me know if you want to try out the BB or the Switchback. Hope you all have a great time at the Walls.

Kitty Kitty
05-29-2011, 23:21
Had to pick 2 up for the kids(4 and 6). No more lounging with 1-2 kids in hammock. :D Now we need another supperfly for them to sleep under.:boggle:

EricFromPortland
05-29-2011, 23:34
I picked op a DB at REI first day of sale. I spent the first three night in it and my 7 year old spent the forth. We took the DN (with whoopie slings and tree huggers) and an old hammock into the woods today for a afternoon hang. Fun stuff! Photos and video to follow at some point.........