PDA

View Full Version : Weight of Mosquito Netting?

BurningCedar
03-02-2008, 17:56
I'm planning out my bug netting for a speer type hammock. In my part of the world noseeums are not a problem. So using mosquito netting at 200 holes per inch versus noseeum netting at 525 holes per inch is not a problem. Mosquito netting would also provide better ventilation.

BUT I've been unable to find the weight of mosquito netting:confused: . I see noseeum at 1.1 oz/sqyd and nanoseeum at 0.7 oz/sqyd. Anyone know the weight of mosquito netting? If its a big penalty, I'll stick with noseeum or nanoseeum.

FanaticFringer
03-02-2008, 20:03
Weights are not listed but here is a good place to by some.
www.vtarmynavy.com/mosquito_netting.htm

catnip
03-03-2008, 03:54
I bought some camo netting at Walmart ($1 bin) and it weighs about 0.9 oz./sq.yd. (about because this is my own measuring and calculation). I don't know how the hole size compares to "mosquito" netting, but the holes are larger than my house window screens or tent netting. I know it would let noseeums through, probably not mosquitoes.

BurningCedar
03-03-2008, 11:33
Thanks guys!

Looks like vtarmynavy mentioned by FF is a good source and I'll betcha the weight of 0.9 oz reported by catnip is true of 200 hole mosquito netting.

So now I know: use mosquito netting and buy it from vtarmynavy.:)

traviso71
03-03-2008, 11:45
hrm, whats the diff between the camo mosquito netting w/625 holes psi & the noseeum netting w the same holes psi? Is it just the width?