PDA

View Full Version : What if... (ooops!)

Jester
06-22-2011, 17:46
OK so, hypothetically speaking, what are my options in the event that my adjustable loop is pulled too tightly and as such...is no longer a looooooop? :scared:

I have only had these for about 4 hours. Is this some sort of record or something?!

Your advice is greatly appreciated. This is, of course, purely hypothetical...

beep
06-22-2011, 17:59
OK so, hypothetically speaking, what are my options in the event that my adjustable loop is pulled too tightly and as such...is no longer a looooooop? :scared:

I have only had these for about 4 hours. Is this some sort of record or something?!

Your advice is greatly appreciated. This is, of course, purely hypothetical...

Heh...been there, done that...even got the tattoo!

Mostly what you need is patience and some sort of tool to pick at the buried loop. Maybe a very small crochet hook or a paper clip with an improvised "hook" at the end. You want to find the "loop" end and keep pulling/picking to get it back out of the bury. "Relaxing" the bury will help reduce the friction. The first time I did it, it took me 45 minutes to get it out. Second time (!:confused:) (my wife's suspension), it only took 5 minutes.

These days I now put a small split ring/key ring from the hardware store over my loop as a way to prevent pulling it back into the bury. If I'm making a "new" loop/whoopie sling, I thread a short (1/2 inch) piece of plastic tubing over the loop end. Some use a bead instead of plastic tubing.

Hope this helps.

shumway
06-22-2011, 18:04
Since Beep has it nailed there's not much to add. I'll reassure you that pretty much everybody who makes or uses a whoopie sling has had this happen to them. Or they know someone. Theoretically.

Hooch
06-22-2011, 18:09
Do I need to meet you somewhere and fix that for you, Jester? How about BBQ King or The Diamond? :lol:

Jester
06-22-2011, 18:21
Thanks all! Beep, I sure do appreciate it.

Hooooooooooch! Crap-a-roni you are making me hungry. I would love to meet up sometime.

Count me in!

Hooch
06-22-2011, 18:22
Hooooooooooch! Crap-a-roni you are making me hungry. I would love to meet up sometime.

Count me in!Name the time and place! :thumbup:

Aardvark
06-22-2011, 18:28
If it makes ya feel better Jester, my record was 10-11 minutes. Hopefully someone can top that and make me feel better.

Tendertoe
06-22-2011, 18:38
Throw a small loop of cordage through the adjustable loop now so that won't happen again.

Best tip I've learned regarding whoopies.

Shug
06-22-2011, 19:40
Do I need to meet you somewhere and fix that for you, Jester? How about BBQ King or The Diamond?Name the time and place! :thumbup:
Man ....I miss the Diamond. All the good stuff in those little yellow monkey dishes. Always liked their potato salad.
Lived in Stanleyville before I left Charlotte in 1979.
Shug

Hooch
06-22-2011, 19:44
Man ....I miss the Diamond. All the good stuff in those little yellow monkey dishes. Always liked their potato salad.
Lived in Stanleyville before I left Charlotte in 1979.
Shug

Shug, they closed some time ago when the owner retired. He finally sold the building and the name to the restaurant to the fellas who were running The Penguin. They opened the place back up a few months ago and it's reincarnation is totally delicious! Best thing on the menu: Big Block Burger, Southern style (chili, mustard, slaw and onions), fried pickles and a cold Cheerwine in a glass bottle made with cane sugar. It's making me hungry just thinking abou it. :D

Joey
06-22-2011, 20:48
Big Block Burger, Southern style (chili, mustard, slaw and onions), fried pickles and a cold Cheerwine in a glass bottle made with cane sugar. It's making me hungry just thinking abou it. :D

Any one up for a road trip to Charlotte?

BillyBob58
06-22-2011, 20:59
If it makes ya feel better Jester, my record was 10-11 minutes. Hopefully someone can top that and make me feel better.

I can't. Because I made mine, stuffed the hammock with WSs in a pack, and drove to a campground. As soon as I went to pull the hammock out of the pack I immediately made both useless. So it took me more than 11 mins after making them. But it took me maybe a minute after attempting to get them out of the pack and use them for the 1st time.

SmokeBait
06-22-2011, 22:24
Jester, was there no bead on the ones you have? We still use the beads on the ones we make just in case.