PDA

View Full Version : Wife is gone so what do I do...?

Nighthauk
07-01-2011, 22:37
I set up my Hammock up in a section in our three season porch. I made myself so whoopie slings out of 7/64 black amsteel cord that came in from DIY Gear today. Installed those. testing them with my JRB straps, homemade toggles and Dutch clips. So I am rocking my hammock with my laptop listening to the wind through the open windows... Couldn't get much better then this... Well maybe if I was out in the piney woods. Whooo Buddy...

pellet gun
07-01-2011, 22:47
sounds sweet! You know your a 'hanger' when the wife's gone and all you wanna do is a wee bit of field testing!

Boomer
07-02-2011, 17:44
My wife's out of town, so I took the kids to the park and...

bgraybackpacker
07-02-2011, 18:13
The wife is sleeping, took the kids and my two diy hammocks to the park. Pics will come later.

Sorry about the fuzziness it was taken thru my noseeum netting.

Pro Vagabond
07-02-2011, 19:51
wife went out of town last week and I spent all three nights in the hammock. :)

obxh2o
07-02-2011, 20:20
My wife is gone, also ... haven't see her for five or six blissful years. :rolleyes:

TRAVELER
07-02-2011, 22:05
my wife and kids went to the Jersey shore with the in laws the farm works done today so time to play with the hammock the next 2...(wringing hands with anticipation) going to try my new whoopies and ridge line i just got

linxdev
07-03-2011, 15:47
I installed a metal hammock stand in my office. My hammock is made from an old queen sheet and some paracord. Today the wife is gone to Memphis so I made some "mini whoopee slings" to replace the foot long piece of chain I use to make adjustments. Works well. The splice length is only 3" log. I tried to make the hammock and a soft shackle but putting it over the knot seems to not work as well as a normal soft shackle would. I've slept in this hammock probably every day for a year with the exception of possibly only 25 days.

Nighthauk
07-03-2011, 16:58
Sounds like I am not the only one. Haha. I am excited to be camping the next two weekends.