PDA

View Full Version : does the Grand Trunk UL have a foot or head end?

sweetbabyd
07-04-2011, 18:40
hi! dumb question, but... is there a head-end on the Grand Trunk UL? doesn't appear there is - but i find i consistently feel more comfortable if i hang so that the hammock stuff-pocket is on my left side. it's a pretty cool low-cost hammock and i like it. i just put my old WB webbing on it and hang around the house. thank you friends for any feedback :D

NewtonGT
07-04-2011, 18:50
hi! dumb question, but... is there a head-end on the Grand Trunk UL? doesn't appear there is - but i find i consistently feel more comfortable if i hang so that the hammock stuff-pocket is on my left side. it's a pretty cool low-cost hammock and i like it. i just put my old WB webbing on it and hang around the house. thank you friends for any feedback :D

I didnt think there was one. I mean even on a blackbird some people find it more comfy to hang the opposite way they tell you to.

sweetbabyd
07-04-2011, 19:07
i guess it's just personal preference - thanks for the response NewtonGT.

Dutch
07-04-2011, 19:11
Both sides are the same, however you may want to mark one end so you don't put your head where your feet have been.

sweetbabyd
07-04-2011, 19:22
Both sides are the same, however you may want to mark one end so you don't put your head where your feet have been.
yes, good tip Dutch :) i use a little magic marker on the d-rings to indicate the head-end.

PapaSmurf
07-04-2011, 23:03
I find it handy to have the attached bag at the right side of the hammock so when adding the adjustable ridgeline, make it so the fixed end is at the head and the adjustable end at the foot.

Randy
07-05-2011, 04:42
I ended up putting those yellow zipper pulls on the head end of all my hammocks...If somebody else puts one away (like wrong end first) the yellow zipper pull helps identify the head end quicker.

Walmart sells the black ones and Academy has the yellow ones.

sweetbabyd
07-06-2011, 19:26
I find it handy to have the attached bag at the right side of the hammock so when adding the adjustable ridgeline, make it so the fixed end is at the head and the adjustable end at the foot.

thanks Papa! i was just checking out your website for ideas!

I ended up putting those yellow zipper pulls on the head end of all my hammocks...If somebody else puts one away (like wrong end first) the yellow zipper pull helps identify the head end quicker.

Walmart sells the black ones and Academy has the yellow ones.

thanks Randy! i did that for my Warbonnet, i think the GT is no less deserving :) thanks again guys.