PDA

View Full Version : Which hang are you going to?

Hooch
03-10-2008, 07:05
Just a quick poll here, folks to see who's going to what hang the weekend of April 25 & 26.

NCPatrick
03-10-2008, 07:23
I'm hoping to go to SEHHA in April, and MAHHA in October, and hopefully a hangout near Red River Gorge, KY somewhere in between.

Hooch
03-10-2008, 07:26
I'm really torn between the Big South Fork hang and my sentimental favorite in Hot Springs. What's a hanger to do? :confused:

headchange4u
03-10-2008, 07:26
I'm hoping to go to SEHHA in April, and MAHHA in October, and hopefully a hangout near Red River Gorge, KY somewhere in between.

I'm trying to get the dates figured out on a RRG hang out. Stay tuned.

Hooch
03-10-2008, 07:28
I'm trying to get the dates figured out on a RRG hang out. Stay tuned.Please automatically count me in on that one! I've got a trip in the planning phase for the Gorge the last weekend in March. Looking forward to that one. I'm thinking about using the same campsite that HC found for the fall RRG hang.

Bug-Bait
03-10-2008, 09:04
Since I'm only an hour and a half from MAHHA...I'll be going there.

Iafte
03-10-2008, 09:46
MAHHA, It's the closest and my boys had a blast last time.

Preacha Man
03-10-2008, 10:43
Hot Springs or Bust. The Preacha Hang Gang is taking a trip :D

Peter_pan
03-10-2008, 10:53
MAHHA.... I'll be doing a Flint Knapping demo on Saturday, for anyone interested.... Also, expect to see the new JRB items since last Fall's MAHHA and some new prototype stuff.

Pan

Hooch
03-10-2008, 12:59
.......I'll be doing a Flint Knapping demo on Saturday.......Pan, you've been watching too much Survivorman again, haven't you? :p ;) I'm pretty sure that I'll wind up going to the SEHHA hang in Hot Springs again this time, but I'm going to make it a point to try and attend the MAHHA hang in MD in the fall.

Anyone between Lexington and Hot Springs who wants to carpool, give me a shout. I'm happy to share space and have some company for the drive.

Edit: Mr. Moderator(s), if you wish to change my vote from not sure to Hot Springs, I wouldn't object.

Peter_pan
03-10-2008, 15:33
Hooch,

Naw....I've been a flint knapper since waaaay before the survivor man wimp thing... heck, before that series even started I made the obsidian blade the Urologist used to open me for surgery.

Pan

Doctari
03-10-2008, 15:57
I'll be sectioning on the AT then.

25 days of hiking / Haging, WOO HOO!!

Hooch
03-10-2008, 16:46
Hooch,

Naw....I've been a flint knapper since waaaay before the survivor man wimp thing... heck, before that series even started I made the obsidian blade the Urologist used to open me for surgery.

PanI hope you'll be giving another demonstration at the hang in the fall. That'd be an interesting skill to learn, for sure. :D

GrizzlyAdams
03-10-2008, 16:59
I hope you'll be giving another demonstration at the hang in the fall. That'd be an interesting skill to learn, for sure. :D

you might want to reconsider which hang you go to Hooch. As I recall, Dutch specifically offered (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=49480&postcount=23) to be the demonstration subject, to get his gall bladder out. Maybe HC4U would want to be there to. He'd probably be interested in turning Dutch's gall bladder into a lightweight gravity feed filter, how cool would that be?? :D

Grizz

headchange4u
03-10-2008, 17:03
I wanna do the operating.:D

Hooch
03-10-2008, 17:26
you might want to reconsider which hang you go to Hooch. As I recall, Dutch specifically offered (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=49480&postcount=23) to be the demonstration subject, to get his gall bladder out. Maybe HC4U would want to be there to. He'd probably be interested in turning Dutch's gall bladder into a lightweight gravity feed filter, how cool would that be?? :D

GrizzIf HC could make a lightweight gravity filter out of paper towels and a straw, he would. :p :D Interesting demonstration to be sure, but western NC again calls my name and I must answer. You should consider making that one too if you can, Grizz. If not, come to any of them. The more the merrier! :D

GrizzlyAdams
03-10-2008, 17:32
If HC could make a lightweight gravity filter out of paper towels and a straw, he would. :p :D Interesting demonstration to be sure, but western NC again calls my name and I must answer. You should consider making that one too if you can, Grizz. If not, come to any of them. The more the merrier! :D

Trying to work one of them.

I used to hike in the SNP with a friend of mine who lives in Washington DC. If I can get him back out into the woods (and into a hammock!) I'll be aiming for the mid-Atlantic hang. Otherwise Hot Springs beckons. Now I just got to find a work-related reason to be in one area or the other...

Grizz

Hooch
03-10-2008, 17:35
Trying to work one of them.

I used to hike in the SNP with a friend of mine who lives in Washington DC. If I can get him back out into the woods (and into a hammock!) I'll be aiming for the mid-Atlantic hang. Otherwise Hot Springs beckons. Now I just got to find a work-related reason to be in one area or the other...

GrizzThere ae a couple of computers in Hot Springs. Does that qualify as a work-related reason? :D

slowhike
03-10-2008, 21:25
Pan, you've been watching too much Survivorman again, haven't you? :p ;) I'm pretty sure that I'll wind up going to the SEHHA hang in Hot Springs again this time, but I'm going to make it a point to try and attend the MAHHA hang in MD in the fall.

Anyone between Lexington and Hot Springs who wants to carpool, give me a shout. I'm happy to share space and have some company for the drive.

Edit: Mr. Moderator(s), if you wish to change my vote from not sure to Hot Springs, I wouldn't object.

as best i can tell, i can change the # of votes but not the names, so i better leave it as is so we don't confuse people:confused:
& i like to see pan's flint knapping demo/ surgery on another trip too!

Hooch
03-11-2008, 05:39
as best i can tell, i can change the # of votes but not the names....Thanks just the same, Tim. I appreciate it anyway. I'm in on the Hot Springs hang, no matter where my name is. :D

GrizzlyAdams
03-11-2008, 09:13
heard from my friend in DC. He's definitely up for the weekend and intro to hanging, so my sights are aimed at MAHHA now.

Grizz

Hooch
03-11-2008, 10:19
heard from my friend in DC. He's definitely up for the weekend and into to hanging, so my sights are aimed at MAHHA now.

GrizzExcellent news, Grizz! Hope you guys enjoy! :D

NCPatrick
03-11-2008, 10:24
Enjoy the surgery! Dutch, how many gallbladders do you have?

Iafte
03-11-2008, 11:00
Look forward to meeting you Griz. I'll be the one with 2 rug rats running around. ;)

slowhike
03-11-2008, 14:42
Thanks just the same, Tim. I appreciate it anyway. I'm in on the Hot Springs hang, no matter where my name is. :D

glad to hear it my friend.

Hooch
03-11-2008, 14:50
glad to hear it my friend.Where's the day hike going this time? Suggestions anyone?

slowhike
03-11-2008, 14:59
Where's the day hike going this time? Suggestions anyone?

i was talking w/ youngblood about that recently. he was going to look over the maps again & make a suggestion or two.
i suggested we drive to the mountain top & hike back down into hot springs:D it's up hill both ways when you leave hot springs on the AT<G>.

bredler
03-11-2008, 16:25
MAHHA for me!

rigidpsycho
03-11-2008, 17:54
I'll be at Mammoth Cave the weekend before, so I won't be able to make any on those dates.

Preacha Man
03-11-2008, 17:56
i was talking w/ youngblood about that recently. he was going to look over the maps again & make a suggestion or two.
i suggested we drive to the mountain top & hike back down into hot springs:D it's up hill both ways when you leave hot springs on the AT<G>.

We will have a minivan there to shuttle people in :D . I have never been on the AT before, it will be pretty cool to hike with some people who have been on it a lot of times. I can't wait to get there.

Dwight

Dutch
03-11-2008, 18:15
After much contemplation I decided not to have that Gallbladder surgery. My Gallbladder works much better as a gravity filter still intact. I do however have a planters wart on the bottom of my right foot. I also could use a hair transplant if Pan's skills are up to it.

slowhike
03-11-2008, 19:46
After much contemplation I decided not to have that Gallbladder surgery. My Gallbladder works much better as a gravity filter still intact. I do however have a planters wart on the bottom of my right foot. I also could use a hair transplant if Pan's skills are up to it.

hmmmmm... i've been having a little knee trouble. i wonder how good pan really is:confused: :rolleyes:

Bulldog
03-11-2008, 20:09
Im going to MAHHA, mostly becasue its about 20 minutes away from my house.

Oh-No
03-11-2008, 20:24
I'll be at the MAHHA holding the light while
Pan operates.

NCPatrick
03-12-2008, 09:19
I think the surgery is still on.

Dutch, you better sleep with one eye open, and don't drink anything anyone gives you. ;)

CanadaEast
04-22-2008, 20:09
There ain't no hangs in New Brunswick...hammock tents confuse the public...talk of a floating tent somewhere in the bush...its along the lines of the sasquach or the Loch Ness monster.....But I will endeavour to bring enlightenment and hopefully with time...some other soul somewhere in this area will achieve inner peace above the ground and mayhaps then we'll have a grand....umm...2 person hang.:rolleyes:

SuperTroll
05-13-2008, 07:25
Why a poll? The idea of multiple hangs at varying locations allows for max participation by folks who might not other wise have the travel time or gas money to attend one in say...Maryland....

I'm for each hanger choosing one and just going regardless of where it's at...

to plagerize a thread on a backpacking board I frequent...

"Shut up and go Hang!" and I say that with a humorous intent...:-)

(the thread was started as a discussion of all the talking and planning, the pro's and the con's, the schedule one might meet when another couldn't...yada yada....)

I try to hang...but as the avatar suggests......

jlb2012
05-13-2008, 10:14
hey ST are you going to Cuffs hang in AL?

SuperTroll
05-14-2008, 08:42
Like all things in my life it MIGHT not happen, but if I don't plan for it it WON't happen...LOL

nbflyfishing
04-16-2010, 23:18
There ain't no hangs in New Brunswick...hammock tents confuse the public...talk of a floating tent somewhere in the bush...its along the lines of the sasquach or the Loch Ness monster.....But I will endeavour to bring enlightenment and hopefully with time...some other soul somewhere in this area will achieve inner peace above the ground and mayhaps then we'll have a grand....umm...2 person hang.:rolleyes:

Yes I can't believe how uncommon hangers are in Atlantic Canada. On the rare occasion that I am in a campground I get lots of people stopping by to check out my hammock.