PDA

View Full Version : Weekend plans?

NCPatrick
03-12-2008, 09:03
Anyone have any weekend plans?

A friend and I are going to Morrow Mountain State Park (http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/momo/main.php), NC this weekend to check out the park for future family trips, and to do some day hiking.

I'm in the process of making him a Speer type hammock and so we'll do some gear testing and tweaking as well.

RAW
03-12-2008, 10:57
I've got to deliver one of my motorcycles to its new owner in Johnson City, TN on Saturday morning.
After that, I'll be at my place near Wolf Laurel (north of Asheville) until Monday.

Mostly, I'll be working in my studio.

But I plan on walking up to the Appalachian Trail from my place, maybe hike to the abandoned boys' camp that I submitted to GoogleEarth.

I'd be happy to have some visitors, but I'm a good way from Winston-Salem. :cool:

te-wa
03-12-2008, 11:20
i was going to add a ridgeline to my Claytor and change out the straps but there wont be any trees where Im going... to fly fish for trout in Marble Canyon AZ
have to get to the hammock later. i'll post results of the "tweaking" as you call it.

rigidpsycho
03-12-2008, 11:47
Probably gonna test hang in the backyard, with the new pad I got for Xmas. It's just been to cold for me to do it for the past couple of months.

Hooch
03-12-2008, 12:12
For the weekend, it's work as usual. However, the weather here is forcast for pretty nice tomorrow with a high around 66, sunny and a 30% chance of showers later in the afternoon. Sounds like an excuse for a day hike at the Gorge tomorrow after I drop the short guy off at school. Where's that doggone dancing banana when you need him? :D

CajunHiker
03-12-2008, 12:31
I've got my first hang in my new HH. Well, I hope it'll be a hang and not a ground pitch.

headchange4u
03-12-2008, 15:19
I'm get off early Friday and I hope I can get to the RRG for a day hike.

NCPatrick
03-12-2008, 18:45
There's a 60% chance of T-showers forecast for most of the day Saturday. I'll have to see if my friend backs out or not.

I'm still going to go regardless...

froldt
03-13-2008, 01:00
Home for spring break this week, and apparently there's just too many things going on for my fiance and I to get the backpacking in that we wanted to.
However, I did get the hammocks finished, so we'll be doing some tweaking on them for a few days.
This weekend we are hosting a geocaching event and Saturday we're driving back to Lexington. I plan to be spending a few nights on the back porch testing out the new DIY hammock when we get back for school.

nickelanddime
03-13-2008, 08:49
Girlfriend is gone for the weekend, I get paid today, sounds like a good chance to go on a crazy tarp sewing spree :)

TDunc
03-14-2008, 05:07
There's a 60% chance of T-showers forecast for most of the day Saturday. I'll have to see if my friend backs out or not.

I'm still going to go regardless...

Camping friday night or Sat night?

Where will you be... in the campground or stealth? PM with details. problem is, I have a short camp out at the lake with the scouts tonight so probably could not join until tomorrow afternoon.

Weather in CLT is supposed to be about the same. I may go if they lighten up on the rain forcast. Would enjoy meeting you that is if you can stand on old guy hanging around.

NCPatrick
03-14-2008, 09:28
Camping friday night or Sat night?

Where will you be... in the campground or stealth? PM with details. problem is, I have a short camp out at the lake with the scouts tonight so probably could not join until tomorrow afternoon.

Weather in CLT is supposed to be about the same. I may go if they lighten up on the rain forcast. Would enjoy meeting you that is if you can stand on old guy hanging around.

Sorry to get back to you so late. Looks like my trip is off. Too many things conspiring against it. I picked up my youngest daughter from school today, she was sick. Doesn't look like I can leave anytime soon. I'd like to meet you though, maybe on a future trip we can meet up somewhere.