PDA

View Full Version : pacific outdoor equipment d3 tarp

goodcaver
03-12-2008, 21:44
Hey guys:

another question... What about the pacific outdoor equipment d cubed tarp? Here's a link to their site:
http://www.pacoutdoor.com/2007/index.cfm?action=product&productID=68&groupID=28&familyID=2

It's on sale at REI for 85 bucks... 19 oz , coated nylon, lots of catenary cuts... It's a kite shape and says it's like 10 foot through one diagonal (or side or I don't know, whatever) and 12 foot through the other...

The kite shape could be kinda wierd, but I was thinking I could pitch the 10 foot length above my hammock, then have one short side and one long side I could set up to block wind coming more from one side or to create a bigger gear space?

Just an idea.
Plus call me crazy but I kind of dig that orange.

skar578
03-12-2008, 22:08
i like the looks of it. and its big enough. i think the lengths are the cross sections. If it fits the HH clone (tieouts). cause then it would be about perfect.

and the orange is nice, just say buh-bye to stealth camping!

nickelanddime
03-12-2008, 22:17
For the hanger who wants a bigger porch, pretty cool, wish it was lighter.

I've been looking for something just a little bigger than my sg 9x9 but I don't really need any more ridgeline coverage than I've already got, so I think the kite shape may be an interesting solution to if I make a new tarp...

Maybe hex tarp on one side and diamond tarp on the other and you could always stake down the diamond side like it was a hex if you had to.