PDA

View Full Version : New to Site and Hammocks.

mike_ff
03-16-2008, 18:03
Let me start by saying this is a "GREAT" site full of useful info. I have already learned so much and have not even received my hammock yet :). I am looking forward to trying out my new Claytor. That is if it ever gets here.
After years of sleeping on the ground I'm ready for better sleep. I am sure I will have many questions in the weeks/months/years to come. Thanks to all who take the time to share their experience and knowledge with those of us who are new to hammocks.

Mike

Darby
03-16-2008, 18:59
Welcome to the forum. You will never look back, and I know you will love your Claytor.:D

chadd
03-16-2008, 19:49
When did you order yours? I ordered mine on 3-11. They said 15 day shipping, that is a long time to wait for a new toy.

Thanks,
Chadd

Darby
03-16-2008, 19:52
It is worth the wait :D :D :D

Peter_pan
03-16-2008, 21:25
Welcome to the hanging gang.

Pan

Mule
03-16-2008, 23:17
When did you order yours? I ordered mine on 3-11. They said 15 day shipping, that is a long time to wait for a new toy.

Thanks,
Chadd
I ordered two Claytors in February and just got them, thirty days later. Also, a month before that I ordered two no nets and I don't have them yet, over two months has passed. I have been conversing with Tom an he sent them again, but now it will be another two or three weeks.
I don't know why he doesn't have a shipping place from the States. He actually already does, but it is expensive to get one from there. His shipping needs to be improved.
I love those Claytor Jungle Hammocks though. Mule

Mule
03-16-2008, 23:18
I meant to say Hello and welcome to the forum, Mike. Hello and Welcome! Mule

headchange4u
03-17-2008, 09:13
Welcome to the forums. Happy hanging.

chadd
03-25-2008, 12:35
It came in the mail today. I have not had time to get it out and try it yet, but plan to before the end of the day. I took about 14 days for mine to get here.

I ordered two Claytors in February and just got them, thirty days later. Also, a month before that I ordered two no nets and I don't have them yet, over two months has passed. I have been conversing with Tom an he sent them again, but now it will be another two or three weeks.
I don't know why he doesn't have a shipping place from the States. He actually already does, but it is expensive to get one from there. His shipping needs to be improved.
I love those Claytor Jungle Hammocks though. Mule

NCPatrick
03-25-2008, 13:15
Welcome mike_ff!

Whoohoo! Get out there and hang that Claytor up Chadd! Let us know how you like it once you wake up from your hammock induced little nap ... :)

mike_ff
03-25-2008, 19:16
Well NCPatrick I am looking forward to trying out my Hammock unfortunately I am still waiting on it to get here (18 days and counting). I am planning a 3 to 5 day trip in April hopefully it will be here by then.

chadd
03-26-2008, 00:18
Well I got it hung but didn't have time to mess with the tarp tonight. I took a little nap in it tonight after dark, I put my Big Agnes insulated mat in it and got my 40° bag out and I was a bit too warm. It is in the low 50's here tonight.

I need to find a easier way to hang it though, it took quite a while and I didn't even hang the tarp. Does anyone have an idiots guide with pictures showing the easiest way to get this thing hanging?

Welcome mike_ff!

Whoohoo! Get out there and hang that Claytor up Chadd! Let us know how you like it once you wake up from your hammock induced little nap ... :)