PDA

View Full Version : Tarp Flyz on sale $4.90 a piece.

Dutch
07-25-2011, 09:46
I am putting Tarp Flyz (http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/featured/dutch-flyz/) on sale at Dutchware (http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/cottage-industries/dutchware/) for $9.70 a pair and will be offering singles for only $4.90 a piece. This is a great time to try a set out, you can barely buy the titanium for that price. If you are not completely satisfied you can simply return them for a refund. Now that singles are being offered you can pick up one with a Dutch hook (http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/featured/dutch-hook/)and some 1.75mm zing it and make a continuous ridge line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSVvIPFfpas&feature=player_embedded

Syb
07-25-2011, 09:51
And Dutch continues to be dreamy.

dragon360
07-25-2011, 09:53
Great deal on a great product! I'm still waiting on the mysterious Ti biners hinted at on an older thread.

Ears
07-25-2011, 10:00
very nice, i notice you stated you use 1.75 width line, how thick can it go?

(and if i had treehuggers it would work work with amsteel?) im seeing alota knots, beeeners webbing whoopies n stuff..head hurts. i like how stable it looks. but im not sure whatelse ill need, and the videos from shug and all are great, but ive burned threw 100+ vids looking for at in everything. its all becoming a blended hevenly albeit confusing mush

R00K
07-25-2011, 10:03
Any chance you need to move these to help start a new project?! :D

mountaingoat
07-25-2011, 10:12
Great deal Dutch. After my last trip and the hassle with my tarp, I'll order some from you asap.

Dutch
07-25-2011, 10:16

(and if i had treehuggers it would work work with amsteel?) im seeing alota knots, beeeners webbing whoopies n stuff..head hurts. i like how stable it looks. but im not sure whatelse ill need, and the videos from shug and all are great, but ive burned threw 100+ vids looking for at in everything. its all becoming a blended hevenly albeit confusing mush

You can use dynaglide and and 2.2 zing it, but they are a little tight. It is important it is hollow braid line.

These are for tarps and the other stuff you mention is for hammock suspension.

Any chance you need to move these to help start a new project?! :D

The real reason is the guy who cuts my parts was slow and asked if I could place an order. I figured it would be a win/win situation if I put them at the lowest price possible and placed an order. People get to try them and he gets work for a day. Also I really want people to try them.

WV
07-25-2011, 10:18

I started to make an adjustable SRL with Dynaglide and a Dutch Hook, but the hook is too small. The adjustable part is a whoopie sling, but I probably could have used a TarpFlyz. Better stick to Zing-it.

Joey
07-25-2011, 10:56
Figures, I just purchased another pair last week and they go on sale this week!

Boothill
07-25-2011, 11:25
If you are not completely satisfied you can simply return them for a refund.

now that's just crazy talk!

been using mine for about 4 months now and consider them one of my most prized pieces of equipment........."flyz is the bomb" and a great addition to anybodys set-up, go buy some people

boot

wolf track
07-25-2011, 11:27
Thanks for the sale Dutch, just placed my order. Anything that makes setup and take down faster or easier is always welcome and a weight savings is a great bonus.

Two Tents
07-25-2011, 11:38
I'm bettin you don't get very many folks sendin em back cause they don't work or they are heavy or whatever. I have had mine since MAHHA and never leave home without em! I buy them even if there was a number 1 in front of the 4.90

Feedbag
07-25-2011, 12:15
Thanks Dutch,
I just placed my order along with several other items.

raiffnuke
07-25-2011, 12:16
My order is placed! Thanks for the deal! Dutchware rocks!

Jsaults
07-25-2011, 12:20
But I bought enough to cover all of my tarps earlier this year. Flyz & Hooks & Zing-It make a great CRL. Used mine last week and they worked great.

Jim

Wags
07-25-2011, 12:46
did anyone else see the cuben fiber pack cover with image printed on it??? Hehehe that's pretty freaking cool dutch/shadowalpha.

raiffnuke
07-25-2011, 12:47
did anyone else see the cuben fiber pack cover with image printed on it??? Hehehe that's pretty freaking cool dutch/shadowalpha.

YES I DID!!:boggle:

Now to figure out what I want printed on one.....:confused:

G.L.P.
07-25-2011, 19:12
You can't go wrong with Dutchware....
the tarp flyz are one of the best products to come out this year

Oh yeah and the pack covers look 10X better in person .. can't wait to get mine

Knotty
07-25-2011, 20:30
Love those Flyz and Hooks. Order placed.

Shug
07-25-2011, 21:46

Got me one coming!!!!! Whoooooo Dutch.
Also love my Dutch-flyz....hold great.
Shug

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6139/5976111159_c3029f4a5f_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/shugsbackpacktrips/5976111159/)
Dutch-shug-logo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/shugsbackpacktrips/5976111159/) by Sean Shug Emery (http://www.flickr.com/people/shugsbackpacktrips/), on Flickr

JerryW
07-25-2011, 21:59
I am putting Tarp Flyz (http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/featured/dutch-flyz/) on sale at Dutchware (http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/cottage-industries/dutchware/) for $9.70 a pair and will be offering singles for only $4.90 a piece.

Really? For those tiny things? Shouldn't they be priced according to size or weight? :lol:

Seriously though, I need to get another set. Looks like now's the time! :D

Jerry

obmit
07-25-2011, 22:01
:(Wish I had known this when I ordered my Dutch Hooks yesterday....:(:(:(:(

Dutch
07-26-2011, 08:36
Thanks for the huge response and the kind words.

JalapeņoBen
07-26-2011, 09:03
My autograph from Dutch is going up in value! I need to buy another tarp so I can justify ordering more Flyz and Hooks! Maybe I'll order some for my buddy so he stops drooling over mine! If anyone is reading this thread and doesn't have a Flyz... GET ONE NOW!

I heard (started) a rumor that Dutch is offering those CF pack covers with his picture on them :rolleyes: . So now the person hiking behind you will always be in a happy mood.

Happy Hangin'
Ben

G.L.P.
07-26-2011, 16:51
My autograph from Dutch is going up in value! I need to buy another tarp so I can justify ordering more Flyz and Hooks! Maybe I'll order some for my buddy so he stops drooling over mine! If anyone is reading this thread and doesn't have a Flyz... GET ONE NOW!

I heard (started) a rumor that Dutch is offering those CF pack covers with his picture on them :rolleyes: . So now the person hiking behind you will always be in a happy mood.

Happy Hangin'
Ben

yeah but don't forget under his pic it will say "Greatest Hiker EVER"
that way everyone who walks behind you knows who the man is LOL

^shane^
07-26-2011, 18:12
Thanks a bunch Dutch.:cool: I knew I'd have some Flyz someday.

On the pack covers... Will they fit a ULA Catalyst? Or are they sized for a smaller pack?

Dutch
07-26-2011, 18:17
Thanks a bunch Dutch.:cool: I knew I'd have some Flyz someday.

On the pack covers... Will they fit a ULA Catalyst? Or are they sized for a smaller pack?

I will make it to the size you want. I have a catalyst so I can make it perfectly fit. I love my ULA pack BTW.

JalapeņoBen
07-26-2011, 23:43
yeah but don't forget under his pic it will say "Greatest Hiker EVER"
that way everyone who walks behind you knows who the man is LOL

Don't forget "Easy on the eyes" too.

G.L.P.
07-27-2011, 23:48
Don't forget "Easy on the eyes" too.

he sure is :rolleyes:

Jakerock
07-28-2011, 03:18
Weird stuff.

Eagle Eye
07-28-2011, 07:35
Tarp FLyz for under $5. I am getting extra sets now. I have one set of the original flyz, before the antennae was lengthened. They worked so good I didn’t hesitate to get a second set (longer antennaes) with the improved ease of use brought to us by Dutch's inspired revision. Now with this additional gift from the great and powerful wizard of hardware, Dutch , I will be getting sets as back ups just to keep in my bag. I may even use them to hang an additional zing it line just for wet clothes. Thank you Dutch.

jwright
07-28-2011, 10:55
What else are you good citizens of HF using these for? I see Eagle Eye rigging a clothes line, but what else?

I have one on a prussik at the adjustable end of my single ridge line and use the Dutch Hook on the fixed end, with two hooks on prussiks to attach the tarp.

I am just looking for a reason to buy more of these things.

Jason

Dutch
07-28-2011, 12:51
I put a couple hooks on my pack cover and put a loop of zing it on my crocks.
Also I put hooks on my underquilt and then use them to pull outs of my HH. If you get enough hooks you can use them like a lightweight indestructible titanium "barrel full of monkeys"

Shotgunred
07-28-2011, 13:22
Thanks Dutch, i have been wanting flyz and hooks, now i have been forced to order them by great deal:thumbup:

bradclarkston
07-28-2011, 13:36
Well this sucks, now that I just ordered a flyz Dutch needs to come up with a new product for me to buy.....

Dutch
07-28-2011, 17:58
This was the first sale that I have ever done and it was incredibly successful. I thought the sales would slow down after an initial rush but there must still be people only finding about it even today. I guess not everyone signs on HF every day:):(:). Anyhow I will keep it going into the week end. Then that will probably be it for a while. I am surprised not many people bought single Flyz. Well not every idea is a good one.

I really want to thank everyone for their kind words and support. I think HF people make really great customers. They are well informed and know what they want. They are patient and appreciative when they receive their order. And they are forgiving when I screw up. If HF was a woman I would make it my wife. OK that was weird.

G.L.P.
07-29-2011, 02:04
This was the first sale that I have ever done and it was incredibly successful. I thought the sales would slow down after an initial rush but there must still be people only finding about it even today. I guess not everyone signs on HF every day:):(:). Anyhow I will keep it going into the week end. Then that will probably be it for a while. I am surprised not many people bought single Flyz. Well not every idea is a good one.

I really want to thank everyone for their kind words and support. I think HF people make really great customers. They are well informed and know what they want. They are patient and appreciative when they receive their order. And they are forgiving when I screw up. If HF was a woman I would make it my wife. OK that was weird.

i'm telling your wife you said that LOL
Oh yeah peeps if your looking for a pack cover check out Dutchwares pack covers.. there really sweet and are Cuben Fiber :D
can't wait to get mine ;)

Eagle Eye
07-30-2011, 22:40
What else are you good citizens of HF using these for? I see Eagle Eye rigging a clothes line, but what else?

I have one on a prussik at the adjustable end of my single ridge line and use the Dutch Hook on the fixed end, with two hooks on prussiks to attach the tarp.

I am just looking for a reason to buy more of these things.

Jason

I really jut use them on my tarps, they are too easy to put up and take down not to use. But anytime you need to tie off a light line these are a time saver.

Just go the order, Great shipping speed Dutch. The Titanium makes them so light I had to open the package just to mae sure they were in it.

G...Hawk
07-31-2011, 11:03
We could not resist new bits of hardware. Tarp Flyz and those very cool hooks.
Can imagine those little hooks will replace some of my S-hooks.

I am a S-hook addict. Small - medium - large.
Around camp, on trail, at home and in the studio.

Can imagine a titanium series of S-hooks for all sorts gear hanging on the trail.

oruacat2
07-31-2011, 12:29
Forgive me for the probably really stupid question I'm about to ask:
Why would you use the Dutch Hooks and the Tarp Flyz together?
I watched the Flyz video, and they seem to work pretty darn well by themselves for stringing-up a tarp.

KD

MuseJr
07-31-2011, 12:46
Forgive me for the probably really stupid question I'm about to ask:
Why would you use the Dutch Hooks and the Tarp Flyz together?
I watched the Flyz video, and they seem to work pretty darn well by themselves for stringing-up a tarp.

KD

I use the hook at one end of my continuous ridge line and one of the Flyz at the other. Setup is super easy and the ridgeline has always stayed nice and tight. You could use two Flyz but the hook at one end is just a little easier.
Hope that answers your question.

rip waverly
07-31-2011, 13:15
i would fear using just the flys for adjustment with 2 seperate tieouts... you might encounter a large tree / span that eats up all your line, rendering you incapable of returning the lines' working end back to the fly.

i just placed my order, have only seen these small animals. i can't wait to try em for real.

*oh, they shipped same day too! how bout that! great sale, how could one resist?!

oruacat2
07-31-2011, 13:53
I use the hook at one end of my continuous ridge line and one of the Flyz at the other. Setup is super easy and the ridgeline has always stayed nice and tight. You could use two Flyz but the hook at one end is just a little easier.
Hope that answers your question.

So the "hook" on one end stays in-place and the "flyz" on the other end is where you adjust for tension?

That makes sense. I guess I assumed there'd be "flyz" on both ends, which left me scratching my head regarding where the "hook" would go. :)

Dutch
07-31-2011, 14:57
So the "hook" on one end stays in-place and the "flyz" on the other end is where you adjust for tension?

That makes sense. I guess I assumed there'd be "flyz" on both ends, which left me scratching my head regarding where the "hook" would go. :)

Personally I prefer one Flyz on each end. The only advantage I can see having a continuous ridgeline is you can easily center the tarp. I figure with the flyz it is so easy to adjust that is negates some of the CRLs positives. Don't get me wrong the hooks are cool, but when it comes to my personal preference and set up I just go with 2 flyz and 12 foot of zing it on each end.

TrailH4x
07-31-2011, 16:12
:confused:?, see below:
CRL= (1) hook, (1) fly.
No Tarp Ridgeline= (2) flyz.

Yet again, Dutch allows for HYOH!

:boggle: Love mine! (all four setups with them :scared:)!

Keep the "stuff" commin' Dutch!

Deadphans
07-31-2011, 16:58
The real reason is the guy who cuts my parts was slow and asked if I could place an order. I figured it would be a win/win situation if I put them at the lowest price possible and placed an order. People get to try them and he gets work for a day. Also I really want people to try them.

Wow thats really nice of you. Good person that dutch be.

07-31-2011, 17:32
cant wait to get my setup from dutch! first dutch system products!

Dutch
07-31-2011, 17:57
Sale ends tonight. Thank you everybody for you patronage.

G...Hawk
08-03-2011, 20:03
Flyz and hooks have arrived.

Packaging that follows the minimalist design is an additional treat.

Thank you. Looking forward to playtime.

nothermark
08-03-2011, 20:24
Got mine too! Cute! I wonder what he cuts them with.

08-03-2011, 20:50
Got mine too! Cute! I wonder what he cuts them with.

magic.

but i heard he cuts them with his good looks and goatee

hippofeet
08-03-2011, 20:59
I would guess a programmable plasma or water jet. Plasma or laser pantograph. Sumpin like that.

nothermark
08-03-2011, 21:11
lotta sumpin's, that's why I wonder. It does a nice job.

08-06-2011, 22:19
i just wanted to thank Dutch for bringing these products and discounts to us, and for making sure his supplier is still in business.

one thing i LOVE about products like these is showing my friends. I weigh close to 300lbs and when they see me hanging on thin whoopie slings and little silvery bits, and the tarp held by the flyz, its like magic.

and on another note, i was using carabiners before i got the clips, and BOTH clips (i think weigh .5oz ea) weigh less that ONE Black Diamond Neutrino (1.3oz ea) and look a heck of a lot better doing it. not to mention smaller in the pack, easier to stuff, and nothing to fail mechanically.

so thank you!