PDA

View Full Version : Using Dutch Tarp Flyz w/ AHE 1/16" Guyline

MOWOGO '72
07-30-2011, 16:17
Recently ordered some Flyz from Dutch and some of Paul's 1/16" (1.59mm) Diamond Braid Black Polyester Guy Line. Wanted to get the black for low visibility.
Anyone tried this combination? Dutch recommends 1.75mm Zing-It. I wouldn't think the 0.16mm difference should be a factor. Any input?

pgibson
07-30-2011, 16:25
MuseJr, was using the flyz with the 1/16th" Not sure what decision he had made about it. He has tried just about every cord out there with the flyz to find ones he likes. I am using the 1/16th on my tarps now, it will hold prussics and taut line hitches very well. Think super high grade mason line with no stretch and a tighter weave, it can be spliced though it's pretty tough.

MOWOGO '72
07-30-2011, 18:49
Thanks for the quick response Paul.
As always your customer service excels!
I pm'ed MuseJr to look for my thread.

Thanks again,
Mark

MuseJr
07-30-2011, 19:19
I've been using an orange line from Paul that is the same diameter as the black on his site. I'm not sure if it is the same stuff he has listed though.
I really like how easy the flies and hooks are to setup. I don't know what process Dutch went through to come up with those things but they are "brilliant".
I have had a few different lines on my tarps this year but I think I will settle in here for a little while. This combination is working very well.
Side Note: The Z-packs 1.25mm line was too small and got torn up the first night out, so don't use that. The yellow/green cover was stripped by the flyz and hook both.

Hope this helps...

Dutch
07-31-2011, 08:54
Recently ordered some Flyz from Dutch and some of Paul's 1/16" (1.59mm) Diamond Braid Black Polyester Guy Line. Wanted to get the black for low visibility.
Anyone tried this combination? Dutch recommends 1.75mm Zing-It. I wouldn't think the 0.16mm difference should be a factor. Any input?

The size is a little important, but 1.59 should be fine. I'm not familiar with Paul's line but it should work as long as it is hollow. Sheathed line can get cut. I concur with MuseJr that z-packs line gets cut and should not be used.